PDA

View Full Version : The Chocolate City campaigns in Houston

Penguin
3/6/2006, 07:28 PM
There was a story on a local station in Houston reporting on the upcoming election in NO. They were talking to some refugees about some council member in NO that only wants productive members of society to come back.

An obese lady walked up to the microcphone and said, "I want a city council that wants everybody back to New Orleans, not just a few!"

:D

chriscappel
3/6/2006, 07:33 PM
:eek:

TUSooner
3/6/2006, 10:17 PM
There was a story on a local station in Houston reporting on the upcoming election in NO. They were talking to some refugees about some council member [Oliver Thomas] in NO that only wants productive members of society to come back.

An obese lady walked up to the microcphone and said, "I want a city council that wants everybody back to New Orleans, not just a few!"

:D
POST OF THE DAY!

:D :D

(Penguin, keep that lady in Houston, with our compliments. We won't be sending a bus for her.)

Rhino
3/6/2006, 10:45 PM
Ohhhhhh...SNAP.

Okla-homey
3/6/2006, 10:53 PM
TU,
Have they decided yet to delay the mayoral election until all the refugees return? I hear its mostly business owners and people who work for a living like yourself back so far -- which prompted Nagin to float (no pun intended) the proposition to postpone the race. Wondering if he got any traction with it.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/7/2006, 02:13 AM
Y'all need to rebuild the city ABOVE sea level. If ya don't it's a downward spiral, with the next hurricane having similar effects.

batonrougesooner
3/7/2006, 03:01 AM
Why doesn't this surprise me?

SoonerInFla
3/7/2006, 03:43 AM
I'm not sure what became of this but there are groups that are not satisfied with write in or internet voting posts for the people displaced from New Orleans.
They feel that these people deserve to have voting booths built in convenient locations all over the US. I beleive the ACLU is involved.

slickdawg
3/7/2006, 09:27 AM
I fully supported Nagin until his chocolate city comments. IMHO, I seriously
believe he's having a major mental breakdown. He used to be sharp and
articulate, but post Katrina, he's slid downhill.

TUSooner
3/7/2006, 09:31 AM
TU,
Have they decided yet to delay the mayoral election until all the refugees return? I hear its mostly business owners and people who work for a living like yourself back so far -- which prompted Nagin to float (no pun intended) the proposition to postpone the race. Wondering if he got any traction with it.
No further delays are intended. Of course, the clerk of court in charge of local elections is in the pokey for three days for contempt of court, and her breathtaking incompetence is already well documented and is what led to her contemptuous actions, so there could be some "unintentional" delays. :rolleyes: