PDA

View Full Version : "Victoria" causes USC to lose hoops game

tanjou
3/6/2006, 07:26 PM
http://rangelife.typepad.com/rangelife/2006/03/victoria_not_vi.html

At last Saturday's Cal men's hoops season finale versus USC, Bears boosters pulled a prank that straddles the fuzzy gray line between "Crap-Yer-Pants Hilarious" and "Inexcusably Cruel."

When USC guard Gabe Pruitt took his first trip to the free throw line early in the game, the Cal student section hollered in unison: "VIC-TOR-IA, VIC-TOR-IA," and then yelled out a telephone number. Pruitt glanced back at the crowd in horror and bewilderment before clanking his free throws.

It turns out that a couple of mischeivous little bastards from the Cal student section had been IM'ing with Pruitt all week under the identity of "Victoria," a fictional UCLA hottie, and Pruitt was eagerly anticipating a date with this nubile co-ed back in Westwood after the game. In preparation for the date, Pruitt had handed over his digits, which the Cal student section recited back to him in unison.

Pruitt, a 79% free throw shooter this season, missed both shots after the "VIC-TOR-IA" chants began, and hit only three out of 13 shots the whole game. Cal beat USC by 11 for the season sweep, in part due to the Cal fans' devious psy-ops.

Other perspectives on this prank are here and here.

:D

chriscappel
3/6/2006, 07:28 PM
That is the greratest!!

Soonerborn03
3/6/2006, 07:32 PM
Wow....that is brutal!!!

Pretty damn funny though

Frozen Sooner
3/6/2006, 07:43 PM
What in the hell is a D-1 athlete doing trying to hook up on the 'net, for chrissakes??

chriscappel
3/6/2006, 07:50 PM
What in the hell is a D-1 athlete doing trying to hook up on the 'net, for chrissakes??

Ya no joke eh? What a loser!!

SoonerStormchaser
3/6/2006, 09:43 PM
Wait....can we pull that on the Pokes next time they come to LNC. Whenever JamesOn is shooting, the student section can just start going "Baaaaaaaa.....Baaaaaaaa..."

Ardmore_Sooner
3/6/2006, 09:52 PM
Simply wow, that's hilarious!

Cam
3/6/2006, 09:55 PM
Damn good work by the Cal fans.

Rhino
3/6/2006, 10:43 PM
That's great.

yermom
3/6/2006, 11:37 PM
that is amazing

what are the odds they found him on facebook?

GottaHavePride
3/6/2006, 11:37 PM
Totally awesome. And much less "cruel" than the "Daddy hates you" chant that - wasn't it Maryland? - pulled on one of the Duke players.

This is right up there with DallasBabe.

tanjou
3/7/2006, 09:02 AM
that is amazing

what are the odds they found him on facebook?
Pretty good. It's a piece of cake to make a fake account. Use fake account to ask him to be your friend... hook, line, and sinker.

NormanPride
3/7/2006, 12:43 PM
Was her last name Scooter?

yermom
3/7/2006, 01:01 PM
Totally awesome. And much less "cruel" than the "Daddy hates you" chant that - wasn't it Maryland? - pulled on one of the Duke players.

This is right up there with DallasBabe.

yeah, if it was the player's brother :D

Jeopardude
3/7/2006, 04:47 PM

On the flipside, Oregon fans chanted "Your son hates you" to the usual "overrated" one at Coach Bibby of USC after he tried to reconcile with his son at Zona.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/8/2006, 09:46 AM
Greatness!!

Flagstaffsooner
3/8/2006, 11:09 AM
Wait....can we pull that on the Pokes next time they come to LNC. Whenever JamesOn is shooting, the student section can just start going "Baaaaaaaa.....Baaaaaaaa..."
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/WarheadsLegoMan/JuniorSamples.jpg

stoopified
3/8/2006, 03:34 PM
Truly twisted,I stand in awe.

1991SOONER
3/8/2006, 11:13 PM
That is just wrong. Even if it was against USC.

Just wrong [shakes head and walks away]

soonerboomer93
3/9/2006, 12:24 AM
:mack:

shavedmarmoset
3/9/2006, 03:08 AM

You gotta love Maryland. The Terps have some of the nastiest fans around.

colleyvillesooner
3/9/2006, 09:10 AM
You gotta love Maryland. The Terps have some of the nastiest fans around.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1339/28mh.jpg

sooner addict1890
3/9/2006, 01:32 PM
that's a clever sign...by the Maryland fan that is

the_ouskull
3/10/2006, 09:32 AM
The original prank reminds me of the greatest one that I was a part of at OU...

Myself and a fraternity brother of mine were the folks that started up Kelvin's Krew when Coach Sampson first got to OU. When we first started it, it was a far cry from what things are today. (read: sh*tty) There was a LOT of energy, and, sometimes, harassment. Although Coach Sampson said that we were a big part of his going undefeated at home that first season. Made us feel like we'd have to step it up in the future. We did.

Next season... I don't remember the exact team... I wanna say it was UT San Antonio, or somebody like that. I think that they were the Roadrunners. Anyway, before the game, Coach Champagne came out and grabbed a few of us, and took us back to the locker room to let us in on something "we weren't supposed to know."

Apparently, one of the opposing team's players had been arrested in HS. No big deal, happens all the time, right? Well, THIS guy had been arrested for the use and subsequent murder of a deer in a Satanic ritual.

Yeah.

So, 2nd half rolls around. We'd already passed the word to the Ruf/Nek's and the Student Section. (We didn't bother telling me Spirit Council 'cause if they were any better they'd suck...) As soon as this guy gets fouled, he walks to the line, starts to dribble, and then we let fly...

[Clap, Clap, Clapclapclap] YOU KILLED BAMBI !!! [/Clap, Clap, Clapclapclap]

We kept it up for a minute, and he missed the first free throw quite badly and couldn't even shoot the second one before being helped off of the court, crying.

One of Kelvin's Krew's proudest moments... :D

the_ouskull

TexasLidig8r
3/10/2006, 04:44 PM
Skull..

That is... well...

Pure Greatness!

I tip my cap sir. :D