PDA

View Full Version : Cirque de Soleil tour busses

BigRedJed
3/6/2006, 05:41 PM
They have around a dozen (maybe more), all matchy-matchy. Which means they have three or four more than Elton John had.

Another interesting (OK, interesting to me) tidbit: other than Elton John (massive number of busses, for what boils down to one dude playing a piano), ZZ Top had the highest bus-to-bandmember ratio of all the acts who've overnighted downtown, at five or six. And, they stayed here for nearly a week. I don't get it.

I think Elton had one bus just for his toupees.

BigRedJed
3/9/2006, 03:29 PM
BEST THREAD EVAR!!

Fugue
3/9/2006, 03:30 PM
it does have some solid bus info. spek :texan:

BigRedJed
3/9/2006, 03:44 PM
Well, if you are really interested, a couple of the CDS dancers were hanging out for a few days at the coffee shop I frequent. They were typical French Canadian bohemian circus freak types, so I naturally gravitated to them. I asked them about their busses, and they said some of them were actually former Rolling Stones tour busses. I guess the rest were painted to match, because they actually looked pretty familiar to me.

Fugue
3/9/2006, 03:53 PM
They were typical French Canadian bohemian circus freak types, so I naturally gravitated to them.

:D

Nab'R
3/9/2006, 03:55 PM
I really didn't care for the show. Maybe if I had expected to see a world music type of ballet show, I would have more. I think they misled the public into thinking it was a Vegas Cirque show. Bellagio's "O" blows it away. I realize you can't recreate "O" on the road, but I really wanted more acts than singing and dance.

I would suspect that Stomp is a lot like this. Cool for maybe a halftime show or something, but it wears on you after a while. Kind of like Stranglehold.

mrowl
3/9/2006, 04:05 PM
I really didn't care for the show. Maybe if I had expected to see a world music type of ballet show, I would have more. I think they misled the public into thinking it was a Vegas Cirque show. Bellagio's "O" blows it away. I realize you can't recreate "O" on the road, but I really wanted more acts than singing and dance.

I would suspect that Stomp is a lot like this. Cool for maybe a halftime show or something, but it wears on you after a while. Kind of like Stranglehold.

LOL, you missed the "A Cirque Du Soleil Live Music Event" slogan that was all over EVERY advertisement...

You were not misled, you just didn't pay attention.

proud gonzo
3/9/2006, 04:07 PM
They have around a dozen (maybe more), all matchy-matchy. Which means they have three or four more than Elton John had.

Another interesting (OK, interesting to me) tidbit: other than Elton John (massive number of busses, for what boils down to one dude playing a piano), ZZ Top had the highest bus-to-bandmember ratio of all the acts who've overnighted downtown, at five or six. And, they stayed here for nearly a week. I don't get it.

I think Elton had one bus just for his toupees.
I don't think he has toupees--he had a hair transplant.

Nab'R
3/9/2006, 04:07 PM
Oh, I saw it. I just chose to believe that they would have something cool like dudes driving motorcycles in steel spheres. Live and learn, I guess. :D

NormanPride
3/9/2006, 04:14 PM
I've seen Stomp a few times. They vary up their stuff pretty well. I especially liked the piece done with nothing but Zippos in the dark. That and the card game was awesome.

frankensooner
3/9/2006, 04:14 PM
I don't think he has toupees--he had a hair transplant.
Nah it is a weave, which is considered a rug.

17 years of hair replacement teaches you these things.

Jimminy Crimson
3/9/2006, 11:23 PM
The busses take up a good portion of downtown.

Let's just say that the whole Cirque organization is doing pretty well in the cash-ola department.

I've also seen a few good looking bendy type chicks, too!:D

proud gonzo
3/9/2006, 11:54 PM
i was kinda wanting to go see cirque de soleil... i like their shows.

Jimminy Crimson
3/9/2006, 11:56 PM

If you had said so earlier, I had a couple pairs to give away. :O

SoonerBorn68
3/9/2006, 11:57 PM

My wife thought she wanted to see it until she called & found out that tickets are about $100 apiece. :eek:

proud gonzo
3/10/2006, 12:02 AM
If you had said so earlier, I had a couple pairs to give away. :O
well if you had said so earlier I would have said so ;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/10/2006, 12:11 AM
I saw the Coalgate HS tour bus today.

Taxman71
3/10/2006, 08:54 AM
The busses take up a good portion of downtown.

Let's just say that the whole Cirque organization is doing pretty well in the cash-ola department.

I've also seen a few good looking bendy type chicks, too!:D

I was hoping to see some bendy French chicks walking around downtown, but no luck. They must not come out in daytime.