PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else get the feeling?

jthomasou78
3/6/2006, 01:16 PM
That after Bookout got dinged up in the second half with us down 15 with 10 minutes to go. that Sampson decided to not get anyone hurt, not play for the win, and just get some kids some experience. That he admitted defeat early. Not that I think that its a big deal. We werent playing particularly well.

Just what I noticed whle watching it.

okienole3
3/6/2006, 01:36 PM
I think he was fed up with the poor play by everyone and was sending them a message. What you said would be true had he not put everyone back in for about a minute before they started playing like crap again. Good coaching on Sampson's part.

Boomer.....
3/6/2006, 01:52 PM
It was a nice coaching decision to pull the starters. If you play like crap and don't hustle, you don't play. Simple as that, even if it makes us look bad.

Ardmore_Sooner
3/6/2006, 02:12 PM
I think it was more of a mental way to tell the Seniors that they weren't getting the job done.

TopDawg
3/6/2006, 02:39 PM
This is pure speculation, but I think he may've been looking for an opportunity to send a message to the team that they weren't hustling enough. Our defensive effort has been really lacking over the past few weeks. I think this was the first time, though, that Sampson felt like he could send that message without really affecting the outcome of the game.

Dunno. If that's the case I hope it works.

NormanPride
3/6/2006, 06:00 PM
This is pure speculation, but I think he may've been looking for an opportunity to send a message to the team that they weren't hustling enough. Our defensive effort has been really lacking over the past few weeks. I think this was the first time, though, that Sampson felt like he could send that message without really affecting the outcome of the game.

Dunno. If that's the case I hope it works.

Do you think this is Neal's doing? We've never been really good against the perimiter which hurts real bad on a night like Texas had, but Neal is especially suspect defensively. I've also noticed Taj getting lost in zones more recently...

IronSooner
3/6/2006, 06:16 PM
I haven't watched Neal specifically on defense, but there does seem to be a correlation between his increased play and our decreased defense.

SoonerBBall
3/6/2006, 10:00 PM
As a matter of fact, Neal is a pretty damn good defender. If you want to see the worst defender on our team, look no further than Terrell Everett. There is no one that loses his man more, half-asses on pick switches, and plays defense with his hands than with his feet on our team.

soonerbub
3/7/2006, 03:37 AM
Sampson felt like he could send that message without really affecting the outcome of the game.

To me this is what happens when the inmates run the asylum. We really haven't played all that great since we beat osu in stillwater. All of the 1 point victories gave these players a false sense of security--"we can stink it up for 39 minutes and rally at the end".

Kelvin has said "this team will go as far as TE takes us". Unfortunately truer words were never spoken.

Neal is a pretty damn good defender

how do you figure :confused:

SoonerBBall
3/7/2006, 12:00 PM
how do you figure :confused:

Brilliant reply. My rebuttal: how do you not figure :confused:

oumartin
3/7/2006, 12:02 PM
you guys realize that Neal was voted by his teamates as the defensive player of the year for the team.

TopDawg
3/7/2006, 12:17 PM
It could be that Neal sometimes looks like the goat if he's providing help defense to correct a defensive mistake on TE's part.

I don't pay enough attention to defense to know, that's just a guess.

OKC-SLC
3/7/2006, 12:25 PM
not entirely related to this thread, but did the basketball board get lighter by a thread?

oumartin
3/7/2006, 12:26 PM
yes it did as did my spek.

OKC-SLC
3/7/2006, 12:27 PM
yes it did as did my spek.
it appears that if all spek given and received in that thread has vanished.

what is this, w****fans?

disappointed.

oumartin
3/7/2006, 12:29 PM
I think the mods are trying to head off any trouble that might be brewin' between the two factions.

Phil
3/7/2006, 12:31 PM
it appears that if all spek given and received in that thread has vanished.

what is this, w****fans?

disappointed.

If that happened, it was because of the way the board does it on its own. I have no idea how spek works when a thread is deleted.

oumartin
3/7/2006, 12:33 PM
and you call yerself HMFIC? ;)

no, i don't wanna see you use me as an example

OKC-SLC
3/7/2006, 12:36 PM
If that happened, it was because of the way the board does it on its own. I have no idea how spek works when a thread is deleted.
nah, phil, it's not the spek.

just disappointed that a thread was deleted. that a thread had to be deleted.