PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the libz can't ban the military from recruiting...

Pages : [1] 2

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2006, 10:36 AM
Guess they will have to find other positive ways to honor and support our nations military during a time of war.

The Supreme Court ruled unanimously Monday that colleges that accept federal money must allow military recruiters on campus, despite university objections to the Pentagon's "don't ask, don't tell" policy on gays.
Justices rejected a free-speech challenge from law school professors who claimed they should not be forced to associate with military recruiters or promote their campus appearances.
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/politics/14030601.htm

Tear Down This Wall
3/6/2006, 10:42 AM
Guess they will have to find other positive ways to honor and support our nations military during a time of war.
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/politics/14030601.htm

Sadly, professors are just the type of people who'd have their throats cut first by the islamofascists if they ever got over here. So, what do professors do? They crap on the very people who would put their lives on the line for their right to be as*sholes. Go figure.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/6/2006, 10:44 AM
Good decision! I'll be interested to see just how many university's back up their "free-speech" interest by voting to not accept federal money. I'll bet the final tally will be ZERO!

Hatfield
3/6/2006, 10:47 AM
so the universities are libz?

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2006, 10:49 AM

Yes, for the most part.

I think I saw that 80% of college professors define themselves as liberal or hard left.

Talk about bastions of diversity. Another great example of liberal hypocrisy.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/6/2006, 10:49 AM
so the universities are libz?Why do you ask?:O

Sooner in Tampa
3/6/2006, 10:56 AM
so the universities are libz?This is a retorical question...right ???

Hatfield
3/6/2006, 10:58 AM
just curious...since the title of the thread leads one to assume he is talking about a specific liberal group when in actuality he isn't.

Okla-homey
3/6/2006, 11:01 AM
For the record, no public or private law school in Oklahoma tried to ban military recruiting on campus.

It was pretty much a blue state phenomenon.

3/6/2006, 11:02 AM
just curious...since the title of the thread leads one to assume he is talking about a specific liberal group when in actuality he isn't.Seems pretty much specific to me-liberal professors on college campi!

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2006, 11:04 AM
just curious...since the title of the thread leads one to assume he is talking about a specific liberal group when in actuality he isn't.

Of course if one reads the quoted portion of the article I posted, such a question is easily answered.

mdklatt
3/6/2006, 11:06 AM
Who needs higher education anyway, since the service industry is driving employment now. Let's burn down all the universities!

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2006, 11:08 AM
Who needs higher education anyway

Well, someone has to educate the Taliban.

Interesting isn't it? These places are suing to kick out the military, yet happily let in Taliban members.

3/6/2006, 11:13 AM

Interesting isn't it? These places are suing to kick out the military, yet happily let in Taliban members.Nothing that a little de-funding won't cure.

mdklatt
The Bible and the government tell us everything we need to know. Let's burn down all the universities!

OklahomaTuba
Nothing that a little de-funding won't cure.

:D

Tear Down This Wall
3/6/2006, 11:15 AM
For the record, no public or private law school in Oklahoma tried to ban military recruiting on campus.

It was pretty much a blue state phenomenon.

It was even smaller than that. Some as*shat who used to be a clerk for Souter who now teaches (shudder the thought) Constitutional Law at Boston College invented a group in order to sue the Department of Defense. The *********'s name is Kent Greenfield. Here he is http://www.bc.edu/schools/law/meta-elements/jpg/facphotos/greenfield.jpg.

His special subjects are suing corporations and haranguing military recruiters. He's your basic anti-capitalist jerkoff that infest many universities these days. Take away his hair and the jackoff even looks like Karl Marx.

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2006, 11:15 AM
The Koran and Osama tell us everything we need to know. Let's attend all the universities and kick out the infidel military!

Fixed it for you.

Hatfield
3/6/2006, 11:25 AM

Interesting isn't it? These places are suing to kick out the military, yet happily let in Taliban members.

You mean like our military? oh you said educate not train...my bad.

Tear Down This Wall
3/6/2006, 11:28 AM
Taliban versus the Soviets Commies was fine. Especially since they were fighting over in their own crappy sandbox that "Allah" provides for them. Them coming over here to fly planes into buildings is not fine, nor is letting them into our universities.

Hatfield
3/6/2006, 11:32 AM
so you mean to say the enemy of our enemy isn't our friend? who would have thunk it.

Okla-homey
3/6/2006, 11:32 AM
It was even smaller than that. Some as*shat who used to be a clerk for Souter who now teaches (shudder the thought) Constitutional Law at Boston College invented a group in order to sue the Department of Defense. The *********'s name is Kent Greenfield. Here he is http://www.bc.edu/schools/law/meta-elements/jpg/facphotos/greenfield.jpg.

His special subjects are suing corporations and haranguing military recruiters. He's your basic anti-capitalist jerkoff that infest many universities these days. Take away his hair and the jackoff even looks like Karl Marx.

You meant Lenin right? (Vladimir, not John.);)

Skysooner
3/6/2006, 11:43 AM
Another great example of liberal hypocrisy.
Yes, the conservatives are such great truth-tellers as well. Both sides are hypocritical.

How can you tell if a politician is lying? His lips are moving.

I'm not a big fan of "don't ask, don't tell" myself. I happen to be a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. I don't see why it is any big deal to have gays serving in the military.

I remember being on a road trip with Stacy Johnson (former OU assistant basketball coach). She was from Stigler and had played some pro ball in Europe. Her comment was that about half of the teams she played with batted for the other team (including some of the coaches). She was straight, and it didn't really bother her that other girls were not.

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2006, 11:46 AM
Yes, the conservatives are such great truth-tellers as well. Both sides are hypocritical.

I'm not a big fan of "don't ask, don't tell" myself. I happen to be a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. I don't see why it is any big deal to have gays serving in the military.

I remember being on a road trip with Stacy Johnson (former OU assistant basketball coach). She was from Stigler and had played some pro ball in Europe. Her comment was that about half of the teams she played with batted for the other team (including some of the coaches). She was straight, and it didn't really bother her that other girls were not.

Last time I checked, minor league sports teams weren't protecting our freedom and security.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/6/2006, 11:47 AM
Tuba, you hear they passed that law banning protesting 1 hour before, during, and 1 hour after all funerals?

Okla-homey
3/6/2006, 11:47 AM

For the record, there are gays serving in the military and they may serve in the military. They're just not allowed to be open about it. Its better that way. Trust me.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/6/2006, 11:51 AM
****ing Private Ryan will win all of the Oscars next year. It is about this military platoon during World War II that can't quit each other. It will be the boldest film ever made.

Skysooner
3/6/2006, 11:52 AM
Last time I checked, minor league sports teams weren't protecting our freedom and security.
And being gay means you can't fight? As homey has pointed out, there are gays in our military serving our country. I also agree not to be open about it, but "don't ask, don't tell" doesn't provide complete protection. A person can be dismissed from their chosen job if someone finds out about it and broadcasts it. This country supports the rights of individuals except for certain classes. Why does the protection not extend to everyone, everywhere.

Tear Down This Wall
3/6/2006, 11:57 AM
You meant Lenin right? (Vladimir, not John.);)

Why, yes...yes, you're right. I did mean that spotty bastard Lenin. Here's my favorites picture of him:

http://www.connection.se/hem/anders/resor/lenin/bild/usa.jpg

mdklatt
3/6/2006, 12:01 PM
Why does the protection not extend to everyone, everywhere.

I think the military is different from everywhere else. It's not a big deal to have lesbian basketball players because they're already accepted in that environment and more importantly it's just basketball. The attitude of most people in the miltary towards homosexuality and the degree to which unit cohesion is a matter of life and death makes the situation entirely different. I think the attitudes need to change, but you can't risk people's lives in the process.

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2006, 12:06 PM
This country supports the rights of individuals except for certain classes. Why does the protection not extend to everyone, everywhere.

Well, I guess one has to believe that people who call themselves gay are somehow different than anyone else. I do not believe that. I think everyone is the same, and should be treated that way. You obviously do not believe that.

And if you start handing out special rights to everyone who wears a uniform, well that does more harm than good to the force that protects all rights imo.

Skysooner
3/6/2006, 12:07 PM
I think the military is different from everywhere else. It's not a big deal to have lesbian basketball players because they're already accepted in that environment and more importantly it's just basketball. The attitude of most people in the miltary towards homosexuality and the degree to which unit cohesion is a matter of life and death makes the situation entirely different. I think the attitudes need to change, but you can't risk people's lives in the process.

That is why I agree with it not being open. I believe in the right to be who you are going to be, but I also am against openly broadcasting it. I have gay and lesbian friends, relatives and co-workers. The only ones I have ever felt uncomfortable around are the ones who wear it on their sleeves (kind of like the extreme feminists). I just disagree with being who you are and then being forced out of your industry because someone says it makes them uncomfortable. Don't ask, don't tell was a step in the right direction, but it is far from being the definitive solution.

Skysooner
3/6/2006, 12:12 PM
Well, I guess one has to believe that people who call themselves gay are somehow different than anyone else. I do not believe that. I think everyone is the same, and should be treated that way. You obviously do not believe that.

And if you start handing out special rights to everyone who wears a uniform, well that does more harm than good to the force that protects all rights imo.

Actually it was you that implied gays were different by saying that the last time you checked minor league sports teams weren't protecting our security. I believe that a person's sexuality has no influence on who they are or on their abilities.

I don't see why it should be considered special rights to have the same rights as everyone else. Treat them the same as everyone else. That is not special. It is called equal protection. I don't believe in segregating all special interest groups but part of the problem in the past is that other groups have been treated differently. The only basis for keeping someone out of the military is an inability to do the job (either physically, mentally, etc.).

Okla-homey
3/6/2006, 12:15 PM
And being gay means you can't fight? As homey has pointed out, there are gays in our military serving our country. I also agree not to be open about it, but "don't ask, don't tell" doesn't provide complete protection. A person can be dismissed from their chosen job if someone finds out about it and broadcasts it. This country supports the rights of individuals except for certain classes. Why does the protection not extend to everyone, everywhere.

They really do have a lot of protection under the current scheme. Command doesn't generally investigate based on second-hand knowledge like they could and often did before DADT. IOW, unless a person comes forward and officially says "I'm gay" -- they're safe. That's the way it was when I retired last year anyway.

Heck, I even knew women who lived with civilian female "room mates" off base, you know, the kind of "room mate" that moved with them when they received a new assignment, who no one went after because they were discrete about their relationship. BTW, IMHO there are prolly more lesbians than gheys in the military (which kinda makes sense given the stereotypes) but I'm not sure why otherwise.

This case was about making a statement that not allowing openly gay people to serve is wrong. Personally, I just think given the pervasive culture of military service being pretty universally negative about the whole gay scene that its best if folks in uniform stay in the closet -- or get out and go to work at the post office or something.

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2006, 12:24 PM
Actually it was you that implied gays were different by saying that the last time you checked minor league sports teams weren't protecting our security. I believe that a person's sexuality has no influence on who they are or on their abilities.

Actually, I implied nothing of the sort.

My point was based on the fact that a woman's minor league sport traveling around europe doesn't require the discipline and hard work that our men in woman in uniform have to go thru to maintain the best military force in the world. The Military is the best at what they do, a minor league team is not, end of story.

Again, I do not believe ghey people are any different than anyone else.

Hatfield
3/6/2006, 12:26 PM
Actually, I implied nothing of the sort.

My point was based on the fact that a woman's minor league sport traveling around europe doesn't require the discipline and hard work that our men in woman in uniform have to go thru to maintain the best military force in the world. The Military is the best at what they do, a minor league team is not, end of story.

so are you now saying that a gay individual can't hack that training program because they lack discipline and the ability to work hard?

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2006, 12:28 PM
You must have a problem reading hat.

See above.

Palermo10
3/6/2006, 12:31 PM
so are you now saying that a gay individual can't hack that training program because they lack discipline and the ability to work hard?

Didn't you know? It affects how you pull a trigger :rolleyes:

Seriously Tuba you're one of the most closed-minded people on here - do you just wake up and try to pick fights in the morning based on your redneck ideology? What the hell do you know about a) being gay or b) being gay in the military?

And seriously enough with the "protecting our freedom and security" - yeah ,we are subject to another 9/11 or dirty bomb because we have gays in the military - eres tu Dick Cheney?

Hatfield
3/6/2006, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE=Palermo10]Seriously Tuba you're one of the most closed-minded people on here - do you just wake up and try to pick fights in the morning based on your redneck ideology? What the hell do you know about a) being gay or b) being gay in the military?/[QUOTE]

probably more than you know....but he aint telling and you shouldn't be asking

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2006, 03:20 PM
Seriously Tuba you're one of the most closed-minded people on here - do you just wake up and try to pick fights in the morning based on your redneck ideology? What the hell do you know about a) being gay or b) being gay in the military?

What an insightful post.

I loved the part where you call me "closed minded" for believing that gays are no different than I am, and then turn around and insult me for my beliefs. "Open-mindedness" according to someone espousing a non-redneck ideology no doubt (which it seems, is also in the minority).

That takes a real strong intellect right there my friend. Have you considered signing up for the debate team? :rolleyes:

I think its also funny that you admit to not having a clue about what the armed forces job is.

TUSooner
3/6/2006, 03:22 PM
Add this to the SO lexicon:

libz - (pl. of "lib"); anyone who disagrees with Tuba on any political or religious issue.

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2006, 03:27 PM
Add this to the SO lexicon:

libz - (pl. of "lib"); anyone who disagrees with Tuba on any political or religious issue.

No, that would be the definition of wrong.

"Libz" is much, much worse. It probably should be blocked like any other cuse word.

Skysooner
3/6/2006, 03:53 PM
They really do have a lot of protection under the current scheme. Command doesn't generally investigate based on second-hand knowledge like they could and often did before DADT. IOW, unless a person comes forward and officially says "I'm gay" -- they're safe. That's the way it was when I retired last year anyway.

Heck, I even knew women who lived with civilian female "room mates" off base, you know, the kind of "room mate" that moved with them when they received a new assignment, who no one went after because they were discrete about their relationship. BTW, IMHO there are prolly more lesbians than gheys in the military (which kinda makes sense given the stereotypes) but I'm not sure why otherwise.

This case was about making a statement that not allowing openly gay people to serve is wrong. Personally, I just think given the pervasive culture of military service being pretty universally negative about the whole gay scene that its best if folks in uniform stay in the closet -- or get out and go to work at the post office or something.

Thanks for the info, homey. My info was based on what I hear in the media and other people espousing an admittedly biased point of view. I always like to hear all sides of an issue.

Vaevictis
3/6/2006, 04:42 PM

Heh, didn't you know that if you pull a trigger with a limp wrist, the recoil will snap it like a twig?

And, as far as DADT goes... it's not like regulation of sexual behavior is unheard of in the military. Last I heard, adultery is a court martial-able offense for officers.

NormanPride
3/6/2006, 04:54 PM
I've always thought the military should be run with different rules than with civilians. You need a different level of discipline and cohesion as a unit than you do at somethink like an accounting firm. If I hate the guy sitting next to me, I can usually ignore him and be just fine while soldiers do not have that luxury.

I agree that the military's mindset has to change along with the general populace, but it's a real delicate balance between acceptance and functionality, sad as that is.

imjebus
3/6/2006, 05:10 PM
Gays in the military. here's how I feel about it. Anyone, DUMB ENOUGH to want to be in the military should be allowed in. End of f*cking story. That should be the only requirement. I don't care how many pushups you can do. Put on a helmet and go wait in that foxhole. We'll tell you when you need to kill somebody.

But you know I can see the other side... who wants a bunch of gays hanging around while your killing people. That and the constant sound of butt sex has to make it tough on them. :rolleyes:

3/6/2006, 05:18 PM

And seriously enough with the "protecting our freedom and security" - yeah ,we are subject to another 9/11 or dirty bomb because we have gays in the military - eres tu Dick Cheney? Pile on, libz. :) Look out, Tuba, you've been outed.

usmc-sooner
3/6/2006, 05:43 PM
Gays in the military. here's how I feel about it. Anyone, DUMB ENOUGH to want to be in the military should be allowed in. End of f*cking story. That should be the only requirement. I don't care how many pushups you can do. Put on a helmet and go wait in that foxhole. We'll tell you when you need to kill somebody.

But you know I can see the other side... who wants a bunch of gays hanging around while your killing people. That and the constant sound of butt sex has to make it tough on them. :rolleyes:

dumbass post

C&CDean
3/6/2006, 05:48 PM

It woke up, crawled out from under the fumunda-laden rock, and posted this?

My, what an angry, bitter little rump-humper we are today. Hormonal imbalance?

usmc-sooner
3/6/2006, 05:49 PM
oh and BTW you guys are sick of Tuba piling on liberals yet you guys pile on President Bush everyday.

Talk about your irony, some of you guys who bitch about what Tuba posts do the exact same thing just for the other side. Talk about moronic irony.

I'm not naming names but if the shoe fits wear it.

imjebus you think it just takes a dumb person to join the military. Well all I will say is that may be one of the dumbest things posted on here, and that says a lot.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/6/2006, 06:23 PM
imjebus will get a wake up call when mommy tells him he can't live in her basement anymore and he has to get a job cleaning gum off of park benches.

soonerscuba
3/6/2006, 06:46 PM
I for one am really sick of us paying for those uber****ty institutions like the service academies which are filled to the brim with the nations dumbest, highest, most unmotivated young people.

Did I say service academies? I meant Arizona State.

Harry Beanbag
3/6/2006, 06:52 PM

Wow, just wow.

Okla-homey
3/6/2006, 08:22 PM

My experience has been most people who say stuff like the above were either turned down by a recruiter or got chaptered out of the military because either a) they couldn't cut it or b) they missed their mommy.

Just saying.

Octavian
3/6/2006, 08:25 PM
c.) they got caught brokebackin'

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2006, 08:28 PM
d.) All of the above

3/7/2006, 02:17 AM
so are you now saying that a gay individual can't hack that training program because they lack discipline and the ability to work hard?Sheesh:rolleyes:

Hatfield
3/7/2006, 10:14 AM
oh and BTW you guys are sick of Tuba piling on liberals yet you guys pile on President Bush everyday.

Talk about your irony, some of you guys who bitch about what Tuba posts do the exact same thing just for the other side. Talk about moronic irony.

I'm not naming names but if the shoe fits wear it.

imjebus you think it just takes a dumb person to join the military. Well all I will say is that may be one of the dumbest things posted on here, and that says a lot.

actually i get sick of him labeling EVERYTHING that he doesn't like lib errr excuse me libz

Sooner in Tampa
3/7/2006, 10:19 AM

But you know I can see the other side... who wants a bunch of gays hanging around while your killing people. That and the constant sound of butt sex has to make it tough on them. :rolleyes:Dumbass post of the YEAR...already...it will be pretty hard to get worse than this.

I really wish that those of the in military could pick and choose who we wish to defend.

We'll...that is rich...pussboy will tell us when we can kill something :rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
3/7/2006, 10:39 AM
actually i get sick of him labeling EVERYTHING that he doesn't like lib errr excuse me libz

And I get sick of you blaming everything wrong ever in the history of the entire universe on Bush.

I mean it must be a sad sad life to live, trying so hard to find stuff to blame Bush for everyday. It makes me wonder if you scream "DAMN YOU BUSH YOU FASCIST OIL THIRSTY NAZI" when you like trip on something or spill your Zima on something.

But seriously, the lib title fits you very well. Don't be ashamed of it, you know its only the cold hard truth.

Its not my fault liberal is a bad word. :D

imjebus
3/7/2006, 11:01 AM
Dumbass post of the YEAR...already...it will be pretty hard to get worse than this.

I really wish that those of the in military could pick and choose who we wish to defend.

We'll...that is rich...pussboy will tell us when we can kill something :rolleyes:

Did you just call me pussboy....lol

imjebus
3/7/2006, 11:02 AM
My experience has been most people who say stuff like the above were either turned down by a recruiter or got chaptered out of the military because either a) they couldn't cut it or b) they missed their mommy.

Just saying.

I was contacted by a recruiter when I was in high school, I talked to him once saw that it wasn't for me and asked them not to contact me anymore. Then I missed my mommy....lol :rolleyes:

imjebus
3/7/2006, 11:05 AM
It woke up, crawled out from under the fumunda-laden rock, and posted this?

My, what an angry, bitter little rump-humper we are today. Hormonal imbalance?

Thank you... i'll be here all week...

3/7/2006, 11:06 AM
And I get sick of you blaming everything wrong ever in the history of the entire universe on Bush.

I mean it must be a sad sad life to live, trying so hard to find stuff to blame Bush for everyday. It makes me wonder if you scream "DAMN YOU BUSH YOU FASCIST OIL THIRSTY NAZI" when you like trip on something or spill your Zima on something.

Its not my fault liberal is a bad word. :DI've got an old friend who is a lawyer who apparently hates Bush, Cheney, Rove, etc. He will email me something out of the blue, that seems to always have the theme of "how stupid Bush is". I told him all that stuff says to me is how angry you guys are. I'm not even that angry about Clinton, and all the terrible things he did as POTUS, or the absdolute nutcases that lead the dims right now. These libz are obsessed with Bush. Hey, you guys please find something healthier to do than rant about Bush. Also, don't vote for him in the next election.:eddie:

Hatfield
3/7/2006, 11:15 AM

But seriously, the lib title fits you very well. Don't be ashamed of it, you know its only the cold hard truth.

Its not my fault liberal is a bad word. :D

perfect example. I don't follow along with everything you think so i must be a libz.

i readily admit i am left on a lot of issues but i am not the mindless cow that you are. I can readily admit when people do wrong and right on both sides of the aisle.

OklahomaTuba
3/7/2006, 11:18 AM
Well, if people like Micheal Moore, Cindy Sheehan, barbaara steeisand, Howard Dean and the numerous other nutter loons were telling me how to think and how to hate, I would be angry as well.

OklahomaTuba
3/7/2006, 11:21 AM
perfect example. I don't follow along with everything you think so i must be a libz.

i readily admit i am left on a lot of issues but i am not the mindless cow that you are. I can readily admit when people do wrong and right on both sides of the aisle.

Ahh mindless cow.

I am sure this is Bush's fault as well, all these mindless cows running around. DAMN YOU BUSH!!!!!!

I wonder if you like being on the same side of the argument as your friend imjebus?

Sooner in Tampa
3/7/2006, 11:21 AM
Did you just call me pussboy....lolAre you actually f'in stupid enough to come on here and refer to people who are willing to join the military as DUMB ?

Hatfield
3/7/2006, 11:26 AM
Ahh mindless cow.

I am sure this is Bush's fault as well, all these mindless cows running around. DAMN YOU BUSH!!!!!!

I wonder if you like being on the same side of the argument as your friend imjebus?

nope. I am sure you were afflicted by a lack of oxygen at birth which would have nothing to do with bush....as your willingness to follow blindly speaks more to your personal issues.

Hatfield
3/7/2006, 11:27 AM
and what side of the argument have I endorsed as imjebus?

perfect example of what i am talking about tuba.

OklahomaTuba
3/7/2006, 11:28 AM
Are you actually f'in stupid enough to come on here and refer to people who are willing to join the military as DUMB ?

Yes, he is.

What is great about this guy is he proves everything I say about the left. They HATE more than any other group of people around, sans the muslims IMO.

If only we were all and open minded and inclusive as imjebus and the other leftist "progressives" on this board.

OklahomaTuba
3/7/2006, 11:32 AM
nope. I am sure you were afflicted by a lack of oxygen at birth which would have nothing to do with bush....as your willingness to follow blindly speaks more to your personal issues.

Of course facts don't really matter in any statement you make it seems. Never mind the fact that I disagree with many things going on with Bush right now and have said so time and time again, such as alternative energy, supreme court nominees, the border, the ports, stuff going on in Iraq, spending, not vetoing anything, etc.

I guess that just supporting our nation in war = following blindly to you though. Makes sense I guess.

OklahomaTuba
3/7/2006, 11:35 AM
and what side of the argument have I endorsed as imjebus?

perfect example of what i am talking about tuba.

I think its pretty common knoweldge that imjebus is on the left. And you admitted it.

I think everyone understands this pretty well.

Hatfield
3/7/2006, 11:36 AM
and I haven't said anything but negative stuff regarding those same issues??

here is your chance to prove you aren't intellectually dishonest.

OklahomaTuba
3/7/2006, 11:38 AM
Oh well, I will stop posting on this thread now. I don't want to see another locked up thread with people getting banned.

Although I think comrad jebus, or LAS as we used to call him, is probably a good candidate for baneing thanks to his insane and insulting comments on the heros serving this country being dumb.

Hatfield
3/7/2006, 11:39 AM
I think its pretty common knoweldge that imjebus is on the left. And you admitted it.

I think everyone understands this pretty well.

tuba, the left is comprised of many different factions. And those factions have a wide range of spectrums from the far left to the conservative center. they aren't one group.

you insinuate that I am on the same side of the argument as imjebus (when he posts saying people that voluntarily join the army are dumb) when I have never said anything of the sort. this is a perfect example of your closed minded over generalizing nature.

Hatfield
3/7/2006, 11:40 AM
Oh well, I will stop posting on this thread now. I don't want to see another locked up thread with people getting banned.

Although I think comrad jebus, or LAS as we used to call him, is probably a good candidate for baneing thanks to his insane and insulting comments on the heros serving this country being dumb.

ok...so when called out to be honest you would rather cut and run.

gotcha.

3/7/2006, 11:41 AM
Well, if people like Micheal Moore, Cindy Sheehan, barbaara steeisand, Howard Dean and the numerous other nutter loons were telling me how to think and how to hate, I would be angry as well. I take political advice from Edward Asner and Richard Dreyfuss. Right now, I'm feeling dazed and confused, and very upset about American imperialism and the Great Hate Machine of BUSH.-Alec Baldwin

OklahomaTuba
3/7/2006, 11:41 AM
tuba, the left is comprised of many different factions. And those factions have a wide range of spectrums from the far left to the conservative center. they aren't one group.

you insinuate that I am on the same side of the argument as imjebus (when he posts saying people that voluntarily join the army are dumb) when I have never said anything of the sort. this is a perfect example of your closed minded over generalizing nature.

And yet, you accuse me of the very same thing.

Ironic, isn't it?

Or maybe its just hypocrisy?

Hatfield
3/7/2006, 11:44 AM
not accusing you tuba...not even assuming since I am able to go off the vast work you "provide" this board as evidence, buf feel free to deflect and not answer my original question.

OklahomaTuba
3/7/2006, 11:46 AM
ok...so when called out to be honest you would rather cut and run.

gotcha.

No, just didn't see that post. I am sure (without having the time to go back and research every comment you ever made on sf.com) that you have had something negative to say about such things, if Bush was for it.

No, I back up what I post based on facts. If I am wrong, I admit it. Yet facts somehow don't seem to really fit with your posts more often than not.

OklahomaTuba
3/7/2006, 11:56 AM
not accusing you tuba...not even assuming since I am able to go off the vast work you "provide" this board as evidence

Hence the "mindless cow" remark, huh?

Oh no, that's not accusing someone of blindly following at all.

You have an amazing talent for irony and hypocrisy.

Hatfield
3/7/2006, 11:58 AM
your inability to put words into context is astounding.

and i will even help you out. the ports issue. my stance on that will suprise you according to your view of me but don't let the "facts" get in your way.

Harry Beanbag
3/7/2006, 12:01 PM
I was contacted by a recruiter when I was in high school, I talked to him once saw that it wasn't for me and asked them not to contact me anymore.

Obviously because you were much too intelligent to be bothered with it. :rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
3/7/2006, 12:05 PM
Wow, So you support Bush on something??

Rare event no doubt, considering your ability to blame him for all sorts of things if I remember correctly.

Again, I think the fact that you blame me for doing the exact same thing you do is laughable.

Hatfield
3/7/2006, 12:08 PM
me - recognize that when a member of an opposing political party/group says something it is attributable to that member or maybe even that group but certainly not to every member of every group of that particular party.

you- not so much

OklahomaTuba
3/7/2006, 12:39 PM
me - recognize that when a member of an opposing political party/group says something it is attributable to that member or maybe even that group but certainly not to every member of every group of that particular party.

you- not so much

Proving my point, time and time again.

Again, you calling me (the mindless cow) out while doing the same damn thing is great. It shows a great talent for hypocrisy.

imjebus
3/7/2006, 01:34 PM
Are you actually f'in stupid enough to come on here and refer to people who are willing to join the military as DUMB ?

uhhhh, yep....:P

Did you chose that life or were you born that way?

imjebus
3/7/2006, 01:46 PM

You are a piece of work... "I don't want to see people getting banned" "but imjebus should be banned." Typical hypocrisy...

And just remember alot of those "hero's" that served this country were forced to do so by your government. For god and country....:rolleyes:

1stTimeCaller
3/7/2006, 01:50 PM
imjebus, aren't you the slightest bit happy that the uniformed men and women take an oath to protect your right to belittle them?

imjebus
3/7/2006, 01:52 PM
Obviously because you were much too intelligent to be bothered with it. :rolleyes:

Yes. Exactly. When I had them calling me it was during the Gulf war. So me signing up would have put me in Iraq. My cousin made this mistake when we went back in this last time. He thought he could get some college paid for and he ended up in Afganistan and is now physically and emotionally scared because of it. He has a wife and 2 kids that have to take care of him now.

So me saying that I was too intelligent to be bothered with it is a fair statement. Thanks....

Sooner in Tampa
3/7/2006, 01:54 PM
Yes. Exactly. When I had them calling me it was during the Gulf war. So me signing up would have put me in Iraq. My cousin made this mistake when we went back in this last time. He thought he could get some college paid for and he ended up in Afganistan and is now physically and emotionally scared because of it. He has a wife and 2 kids that have to take care of him now.

So me saying that I was too intelligent to be bothered with it is a fair statement. Thanks....I find this story hard to believe and I think that you sir are a ****in liar!!!!

I doubt that you know anybody who have ever done anything remotely close to being brave!!!!!

SCOUT
3/7/2006, 01:55 PM

So me saying that I was too intelligent to be bothered with it is a fair statement. Thanks....

To restate...They called me during the Gulf War and I was scared ****less that I might have to actually fight. My cousin tried to get free schooling but was actually required to do what he signed up for. He is now physically and emotionally scared because of it. He has a wife and 2 kids that have to take care of him now.

So me saying that I want other people to protect me so I don't have to do it myself is a fair statement.

Okla-homey
3/7/2006, 01:58 PM
May we simply agree that its a good thing that there are men who are brave enough to go and defend this country so all of our children can sleep safely?

imjebus
3/7/2006, 02:02 PM
imjebus, aren't you the slightest bit happy that the uniformed men and women take an oath to protect your right to belittle them?

It's their choice to join, It's a job and some people like that job. Kinda like a rodeo clown there are dangers to the job. I don't see a threat that is enough to warrant me accepting that danger. I see accepting that danger at this or any point in my life as....well.... dumb...

imjebus
3/7/2006, 02:05 PM
To restate...They called me during the Gulf War and I was scared ****less that I might have to actually fight. My cousin tried to get free schooling but was actually required to do what he signed up for. He is now physically and emotionally scared because of it. He has a wife and 2 kids that have to take care of him now.

So me saying that I want other people to protect me so I don't have to do it myself is a fair statement.

Protect me from what? What do I need to be protected from? Maybe from the rednecks down the street....

imjebus
3/7/2006, 02:06 PM
I find this story hard to believe and I think that you sir are a ****in liar!!!!

I doubt that you know anybody who have ever done anything remotely close to being brave!!!!!

Well of course, how could somebody with a different viewpoint have any insight into this.

You can believe what you want and don't call me sir...

1stTimeCaller
3/7/2006, 02:06 PM
It's their choice to join, It's a job and some people like that job. Kinda like a rodeo clown there are dangers to the job. I don't see a threat that is enough to warrant me accepting that danger. I see accepting that danger at this or any point in my life as....well.... dumb...

you answer questions in the same fashion that Tuba does. Well done sir, well done.

OklahomaTuba
3/7/2006, 02:10 PM
Speaking of Hypocrisy...

And just remember alot of those "hero's" that served this country were forced to do so by your government. For god and country....:rolleyes:

It's their choice to join, It's a job and some people like that job

Which is it shortbus??

Sooner in Tampa
3/7/2006, 02:13 PM
Well of course, how could somebody with a different viewpoint have any insight into this.

You can believe what you want and don't call me sir...It has NOTHING to do with your chicken**** point of view...you are the type of person that infuriates me. You have a holier than thou attitude and only the dumb folks in this country should serve their country. You don't see any past your little pimpled up nose. You could at least have the common decency to thank a vet sometime...rather than belittle them.

The reason you think you are so safe and that you only need protection from the "rednecks" is because this country has a strong military and there are actually men with spines and balls willing to lay it on the line for the people of the country who chose not to serve.

The military is not for everyone...but I will be damned if some unappreciating jagoff like you should be allowed to call our fighting men and women dumb.

But thanks to the men and women who have fought for our country...you can have your ****ed up point of view...and none of us can do anything about it.

OklahomaTuba
3/7/2006, 02:13 PM
He thought he could get some college paid for and he ended up in Afganistan and is now physically and emotionally scared because of it. He has a wife and 2 kids that have to take care of him now.

Poor kid.

I can't believe that the military would expect its soldiers to actually fight and stuff. I mean, come on, its a damn military dude, they don't fight wars.

:rolleyes:

imjebus
3/7/2006, 02:20 PM
It has NOTHING to do with your chicken**** point of view...you are the type of person that infuriates me. You have a holier than thou attitude and only the dumb folks in this country should serve their country. You don't see any past your little pimpled up nose. You could at least have the common decency to thank a vet sometime...rather than belittle them.

The reason you think you are so safe and that you only need protection from the "rednecks" is because this country has a strong military and there are actually men with spines and balls willing to lay it on the line for the people of the country who chose not to serve.

The military is not for everyone...but I will be damned if some unappreciating jagoff like you should be allowed to call our fighting men and women dumb.

But thanks to the men and women who have fought for our country...you can have your ****ed up point of view...and none of us can do anything about it.

Thats right there is nothing you can do about it, just like I can't do anything about all the people calling gay's sick, perverted, deviants...

Your right the military is not for everyone, they are for people like you that WANT to fight. I do not see the danger to warrant fighting. Obviously you do, great go have fun blowing **** up.

imjebus
3/7/2006, 02:28 PM
Poor kid.

I can't believe that the military would expect its soldiers to actually fight and stuff. I mean, come on, its a damn military dude, they don't fight wars.

:rolleyes:

I never said he was smart... Hence the "dumb" comment. I understood that, that's why I didn't join and then payed my own way through college.

Harry Beanbag
3/7/2006, 02:30 PM

Since the Gulf War lasted all of what, a month, you wouldn't have even made it to boot camp before it was over.

And the people I worked with in the Navy were hand picked due to their high intelligence, but go on living in your little sheltered cocoon if it keeps you warm at night.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/7/2006, 03:49 PM
I never said he was smart... Hence the "dumb" comment. I understood that, that's why I didn't join and then Mom and Mom payed my own way through college.

Fixed for you...

P.S. insulting someone for being dumb and then spelling paid "payed" doesn't really score you points in the Einstein category. Just saying, If I was as big a prick as your unsufferable ***, I would take the time to spell right before insulting people's intelligence..

mdklatt
3/7/2006, 03:56 PM
The homo thread--which was going along civilly all things considered--gets locked but this one is still going? :confused:

imjebus
3/7/2006, 03:59 PM
Fixed for you...

P.S. insulting someone for being dumb and then spelling paid "payed" doesn't really score you points in the Einstein category. Just saying, If I was as big a prick as your unsufferable ***, I would take the time to spell right before insulting people's intelligence..

Your pretty good at spelling smack...:rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/7/2006, 04:18 PM
Well I just figured someone as intelligent as you wouldn't allow a mistake to happen. When will you have that alternate energy problem solved?

imjebus
3/7/2006, 04:34 PM
Well I just figured someone as intelligent as you wouldn't allow a mistake to happen.

Thats right I wouldn't, that was my evil twin posting under my name. If you think i'm bad you should listen to his crazy rantings... :O

Hatfield
3/7/2006, 05:17 PM
May we simply agree that its a good thing that there are men who are brave enough to go and defend this country so all of our children can sleep safely?

oh god...I have kids?? ;)

usmc-sooner
3/7/2006, 06:46 PM

You're so full of it, and your making yourself look stupid.

First lie.........they don't send everyone in the military to war. Most people stay home and fight the war in a service and support role. ( a very, very important role.)

2nd lie........you weren't going to be forced into the infantry. There are thousands of MOS's you could have taken that wouldn't have involved you going to Iraq

3rd lie ......if they called you during the Gulf War, you wouldn't have went overseas to fight in it. By the time you went through Boot Camp, Infantry, or MOS school the war would have been over.

4th lie why would they send you to Iraq when most of the people were sent to Saudi.

I don't know if your cousin story is true or not but God Bless those who were hurt or killed but there just weren't that many casuelties.

And if you're so worried about getting hurt, keep your weanie *** out of cars, quit bathing, don't shave, stay at home with your doors locked at night.

Being a chicken**** doesn't make you intelligent.

Vaevictis
3/7/2006, 07:22 PM
Anyone who joins the military looking for the GI Bill, and honestly expects that there is no possibility that they will ever get shot at is a fool. Sorry. There's no sympathy on my part, and there's no mincing words about it. There's a reason the recruiters dangle big wads of cash in front of your nose, and it isn't because they're feeling magnanimous.

No matter what your MOS is, there's a chance you'll get into a firefight somehow. Some MOS's are less likely than others, but it's still there. Even if you're behind the lines, there's always the possibility that the lines will be overrun. Even if you're on friendly (American or otherwise) soil, there's a chance of some kind of infiltration or guerilla style attack.

But by no means does that mean that *everybody* who joins the military is a fool. Some people want to contribute, and some people are willing to trade the possibility of getting shot at for something the military offers. Some people just *like* the military lifestyle.

There's absolutely no call for smearing everyone in the military like that imjebus. There's a goodly chunk of these people who are risking their lives for totally altrustic, unselfish reasons, who behave with honor under duress, and they deserve no flak from any of us under ANY circumstance.

(and for those of you who are reflexively-support-the-soldiers, I hope you'll forgive me if I don't fawn over the portion of guys/gals who just want their GI Bill and out. IMO, they don't deserve my respect anymore {or less} than any random joe in a dangerous job looking out for #1.)

Okla-homey
3/7/2006, 08:15 PM
(and for those of you who are reflexively-support-the-soldiers, I hope you'll forgive me if I don't fawn over the portion of guys/gals who just want their GI Bill and out. IMO, they don't deserve my respect anymore {or less} than any random joe in a dangerous job looking out for #1.)

Here's the thing my friend. Name a single other "dangerous" job in which you are ordered, not asked or suggested, to go away and never be sure how long you'll be gone while your family fends for themselves back in the states and prays Daddy won't get his flippin' head blown off.

I'll save you some time. There aren't any.

BTW, whether or not you choose to "fawn" over Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines really makes no difference to them. They are putting it on the line for their brothers in arms and their families and "corny" notions called duty and honor.

It isn't about the money or the GI Bill my friend. The ones who were just in it for the bucks usually figure-out a way to keep their kiester out if the shiite. The ones who are motivated are doing it for a higher purpose, but it's tough to explain to someone who hasn't been there.

Vaevictis
3/7/2006, 09:52 PM
Here's the thing my friend. Name a single other "dangerous" job in which you are ordered, not asked or suggested, to go away and never be sure how long you'll be gone while your family fends for themselves back in the states and prays Daddy won't get his flippin' head blown off.

I'll save you some time. There aren't any.

Organized crime. Federal witness against organized crime. (And before you get your hackles all raised, I am not in any sense or fasion implying that the military is in any shape or form analogous to organized crime.)

They are putting it on the line for their brothers in arms and their families and "corny" notions called duty and honor.

I don't think that I implied that there was anything "corny" about those notions. On the contrary, I hold those notions in very high regard. What I did suggest is that there are people in the military for whom these are not a motivation, and that I do not hold such people in especially high regard.

I can understand why, with my being an outsider, you might reflexively take me to task over that statement. But to be fair, ask yourself whether or not YOU hold the guy who weasels out of every dangerous job and only wants his college money in especially high regard.

The ones who are motivated are doing it for a higher purpose, but it's tough to explain to someone who hasn't been there.

No, it's not. Seeking a higher purpose is a more or less universal human condition. Some just don't seek it in the military.

Okla-homey
3/7/2006, 10:15 PM
First, aren't folks who enter the FWPP motivated primarily by their desire to avoid prosecution themselves while avoiding getting whacked by their former colleagues? Maybe I've seen to many mob movies, but that's my impression. If those are the circumstances of a person's willingness to enter the witness protection program, with all due respect, I don't think your analogy is appropriate.

I can understand why, with my being an outsider, you might reflexively take me to task over that statement. But to be fair, ask yourself whether or not YOU hold the guy who weasels out of every dangerous job and only wants his college money in especially high regard.

In 23 years I never encountered a troop able to weasel out of every dangerous job and who only wanted his college money. Those guys usually don't last long in a combat unit because the guys in their squadron, battalion or their shipmates have a way of dealing with them.

Admittedly, I served my career during the all-volunteer era, the guys who served among draftees may have had a different experience.

Vaevictis
3/7/2006, 10:26 PM
First, aren't folks who enter the FWPP motivated primarily by their desire to avoid prosecution themselves while avoiding getting whacked by their former colleagues? Maybe I've seen to many mob movies, but that's my impression. If those are the circumstances of a person's willingness to enter the witness protection program, with all due respect, I don't think your analogy is appropriate.

There are witnesses who are wholly innocent of wrongdoing who have to go into witness protection to avoid getting whacked. Sometimes it's because the accused will try whack them before the witness can testify -- I think it's because unless the defense can cross-examine, testimony is generally not allowed -- and sometimes just out of revenge for having testified.

In 23 years I never encountered a troop able to weasel out of every dangerous job and who only wanted his college money. Those guys usually don't last long in a combat unit because the guys in their squadron, battalion or their shipmates have a way of dealing with them.

C'mon, that's just dodging the question. Okay, let me rephrase:

1. Do you hold those who *try* to weasel out of every dangerous job in especially high regard?
2. Do you hold those who stay in line only for fear of being "Code Red"ed (to borrow a media buzzword from the past) in especially high regard?
3. Assuming you MET a soldier (marine, etc) who is only there for his college money, would you hold them in especially high regard?

Admittedly, I served my career during the all-volunteer era, the guys who served among draftees may have had a different experience.

I've known guys who have fallen under at least one of the above among both post-draft and draft-era vets.

(Keep in mind that while I can't possibly met as many as a guy in a 23 year vet, my sampling size isn't exactly small either. And while the majority of vets I've known are very honorable folks, there are a few who were in for less than honorable reasons)

Okla-homey
3/8/2006, 06:12 AM
I refuse to accept that entering a program to avoid getting your head blown off is analagous to entering a program where you may have your head blown off when you otherwise could stay home and remain safe. Sorry.

C'mon, that's just dodging the question. Okay, let me rephrase:

1. Do you hold those who *try* to weasel out of every dangerous job in especially high regard? Perhaps not as highly as I would regard a guy who was there mostly because he wanted to serve his country, but media reports notwithstanding, in my experience, those folks were a distinct minority
2. Do you hold those who stay in line only for fear of being "Code Red"ed (to borrow a media buzzword from the past) in especially high regard? People do the right thing for a variety of reasons. Some do so out of fear. In that aspect, the military is merely a microcosm of the society from which it is drawn. I don't think that's much different from a store clerk who doesn't steal from the till because he feels he get busted by the camera over the cash register. As long as he doesn't steal and does his job, he's okay in my book.[/B]
3. Assuming you MET a soldier (marine, etc) who is only there for his college money, would you hold them in especially high regard? Again, if he did his job, it wouldn't matter.

I've known guys who have fallen under at least one of the above among both post-draft and draft-era vets.

(Keep in mind that while I can't possibly met as many as a guy in a 23 year vet, my sampling size isn't exactly small either. And while the majority of vets I've known are very honorable folks, there are a few who were in for less than honorable reasons)

Sure, I'll concede there are a few cads that "slip through the cracks" in the military, just like any other occupation, but they are in my experience in the distinct minority and I was fortunate never to have encountered any who made it past the first couple of months past boot camp.

Look, what I'm trying to say, is irrespective of his initial motivation for joining, something happens to the vast majority of people after they join. They become swept up in a desire "not to let down" their comrades. I've never known a combat vet who didn't cite the desire to be worthy of his comrade's trust as a very strong motivator, if not his strongest motivator, for doing his job to the best of his ability under very crappy circumstances.

In my mind, that is worthy of the respect and admiration of society in general regardless of a person's initial motivation for joining up.

imjebus
3/8/2006, 09:12 AM
You're so full of it, and your making yourself look stupid.

First lie.........they don't send everyone in the military to war. Most people stay home and fight the war in a service and support role. ( a very, very important role.)

2nd lie........you weren't going to be forced into the infantry. There are thousands of MOS's you could have taken that wouldn't have involved you going to Iraq

3rd lie ......if they called you during the Gulf War, you wouldn't have went overseas to fight in it. By the time you went through Boot Camp, Infantry, or MOS school the war would have been over.

4th lie why would they send you to Iraq when most of the people were sent to Saudi.

I don't know if your cousin story is true or not but God Bless those who were hurt or killed but there just weren't that many casuelties.

And if you're so worried about getting hurt, keep your weanie *** out of cars, quit bathing, don't shave, stay at home with your doors locked at night.

Being a chicken**** doesn't make you intelligent.

If you don't want to believe me I really don't care. I didn't say that It was a sure deal I would end up in Iraq, But according to all of you guys I would be an idiot to think I could sign up and not see fighting. When I was being recruited nobody knew how long it would last. Of course your going to call me a liar because you don't want to believe anything I would have to say. Thats fine with me.

BTW I'm not worried about getting hurt but purposly putting my life in danger for something I don't believe in is...here we go again....F'N DUMB....

Sooner in Tampa
3/8/2006, 09:38 AM
Thats right there is nothing you can do about it, just like I can't do anything about all the people calling gay's sick, perverted, deviants...

Your right the military is not for everyone, they are for people like you that WANT to fight. I do not see the danger to warrant fighting. Obviously you do, great go have fun blowing **** up.Hey pansy ***...there are not too many people who really WANT to fight...as you accused above, most folks in the military who know the difference really don't WANT to fight, but understand the somebody HAS to fight.

Somebody has to protect the rights of the little pansy pussies who are too SMART to join the military. We have to ensure that they can run their filthly little sewers with condesending points of view about the people who actually do give certain simple things in life...for the sake of others.

But you wouldn't know anything about sacrifice for others...you really seem to be all about YOU!!!!! Well you go dude. I hope that the days never comes that you need something from somebody.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 09:45 AM
Well, its hard to argue against stupidity like that imjebus or LAS or whatever.

All I have to say is thank GOD we have freedom of speech, so that people
can see your insane nutter opinions and the insults you hurl at our troops.

The hate and bigotry by people like imjebus is amazing.

Harry Beanbag
3/8/2006, 10:15 AM
To tell the truth, in high school when the recruiters were calling me I thought somewhat the same as this imjebus dude did. But guess what, I grew up. I ended up serving for 6 years. My service was the most honorable thing I've ever done, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

1stTimeCaller
3/8/2006, 10:20 AM
I might be the only kid in history that called a recruiter to see about joining. After the service academy fell through I needed a way to pay for college and had always wanted to be in the military. I'm like Harry, I spent 6 years, 11 months and 9 days in the Army Reserve and Army National Guard and I'm glad that I did.

I'm more proud of my Army Achievement Medal and Honorable Discharge than I am my degree from OU.

imjebus
3/8/2006, 10:26 AM
Hey pansy ***...there are not too many people who really WANT to fight...as you accused above, most folks in the military who know the difference really don't WANT to fight, but understand the somebody HAS to fight.

Somebody has to protect the rights of the little pansy pussies who are too SMART to join the military. We have to ensure that they can run their filthly little sewers with condesending points of view about the people who actually do give certain simple things in life...for the sake of others.

But you wouldn't know anything about sacrifice for others...you really seem to be all about YOU!!!!! Well you go dude. I hope that the days never comes that you need something from somebody.

Sounds like you want to fight to me. :eddie:

Sooner in Tampa
3/8/2006, 10:31 AM
Sounds like you want to fight to me. :eddie:HEH...you may **** me, but I would not waste my time...a guy like gets your *** beat and then calls the cops. No thanks.

imjebus
3/8/2006, 11:45 AM
HEH...you may **** me, but I would not waste my time...a guy like gets your *** beat and then calls the cops. No thanks.

Wasn't you calling me a chicken **** earlier... :mack:

Sooner in Tampa
3/8/2006, 11:50 AM
Wasn't you calling me a chicken **** earlier... :mack:I my have infered it...I guess LAS has a complex

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 11:56 AM
I'm more proud of my...Honorable Discharge

Must...resist....

Vaevictis
3/8/2006, 12:05 PM
I refuse to accept that entering a program to avoid getting your head blown off is analagous to entering a program where you may have your head blown off when you otherwise could stay home and remain safe. Sorry.

*shrug* To me, it's not terribly dissimilar. In the witness protection program, the worst that can happen if you refuse to testify is that the government sends you to jail for awhile. In the military, *usually* the worst that can happen in refusing an order is that you go to jail for awhile (with the exception of certain capital crimes that usually happen when already in the field, like desertion and mutiny). But we can agree to disagree on this point.

Sure, I'll concede there are a few cads that "slip through the cracks" in the military, just like any other occupation, but they are in my experience in the distinct minority... {snip} something happens to the vast majority of people after they join. They become swept up in a desire "not to let down" their comrades. {snip} In my mind, that is worthy of the respect and admiration of society in general regardless of a person's initial motivation for joining up.

I'm not disagreeing with you on this point. I'm saying that there are those who *do* exist that consider only #1, and that those who are among them deserve no special regard. Maybe you got the impression that I was stating that they were in the majority, or even a rather large minority. On the contrary, it is my experience that they are rare. But they do exist.

Based on your comments, I'm also inferring that you think that just doing the job -- irrespective of motivation -- is sufficient. It's not. Motivation and discipline are all that separate a real soldier from a thug. Give a man a gun, and you have a thug. Give a man a gun, instill a sense of duty, honor and discipline... only then do you have a soldier. Maybe I misread you, but if you really did intend to imply that "just getting the job done" is sufficient, irrespective of motivation, then you also implied that it's okay for our soldiers to be thugs. And it's not.

imjebus
3/8/2006, 12:06 PM
I my have infered it...I guess LAS has a complex

I'm not LAS. Just for future reference..

jeremy885
3/8/2006, 12:14 PM
I'm Nickelback. Just for future reference..

Sooner in Tampa
3/8/2006, 12:18 PM
.Spek :hmfic:

Okla-homey
3/8/2006, 12:26 PM
Based on your comments, I'm also inferring that you think that just doing the job -- irrespective of motivation -- is sufficient. It's not. Motivation and discipline are all that separate a real soldier from a thug. Give a man a gun, and you have a thug. Give a man a gun, instill a sense of duty, honor and discipline... only then do you have a soldier. Maybe I misread you, but if you really did intend to imply that "just getting the job done" is sufficient, irrespective of motivation, then you also implied that it's okay for our soldiers to be thugs. And it's not.

While I see where you are going, and agree as the courts have held that soldiers must refuse "unlawful orders" in actual fact, we generally expect and require subordinates to do what they're told. If we give an 18y/o a rifle and tell him to "guard this post," and he does that to the best of his ability, that's all we can reasonably expect of him. IOW, "doing the job." He's no less a soldier and IMHO no less worthy of respect and admiration than a guy who does it because he feels motivated by a higher purpose or has a deeper sense of duty or honor. That's also why we give medals for heroism to people who do more than is required under the circumstances.

When I was in, it didn't matter if a guy did the job because he was scared of the repercussions for not doing it, or did it because he wanted to do it. I preferred the latter and felt I had failed if he only did it because of the former. Maybe because I always believed leadership is really little more than making people do things you want them to do by making them believe they want to do it. Therefore, if they didn't want to do the job, that was mostly my fault as the leader, not theirs.

usmc-sooner
3/8/2006, 01:07 PM
Wasn't you calling me a chicken **** earlier... :mack:

You're a troll

you're posting made up phoney crap to get a rise out of people, which is chicken****.

BTW has anyone noticed that other than Scuba, and Vaevictus none of the so called posters from the left have called this troll on this crap.

Tells me a lot.

imjebus
3/8/2006, 01:32 PM
You're a troll

you're posting made up phoney crap to get a rise out of people, which is chicken****.

BTW has anyone noticed that other than Scuba, and Vaevictus none of the so called posters from the left have called this troll on this crap.

Tells me a lot.

I'm not posting any phoney made up crap it's all real and it's really my opinion. I responded to the people calling me a troll and a liar but of course they just come back and call me chicken ****.

Please STFU and go do some more push ups....:D

Hatfield
3/8/2006, 01:38 PM
You're a troll

Tells me a lot.

oh...i don't agree with him, but since i don't call him out on it...you apparently gleam some nugget of info??

you probably failed logic growing up.

go back and see if any one of the so called posters from the left have supported what he is saying...that should be what tells you a lot.

soonerscuba
3/8/2006, 01:53 PM
jebus is doing one of two things. He is a troll flame baiting, or he isn't quite putting what he feels into proper context. For example, I think going to school for 7 years, getting that JD, going to work 80 hours a week, becoming a researcher for a system that has evolved into an exclusive puzzle designed and changed to be as complex as possible to further the interests of those already in the system, working with unseemly elements of criminal society, and at the end everybody thinks you are a dick is stupid. However, I don't think lawyers are stupid.

More likely is the flame baiting, though.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 02:04 PM
oh...i don't agree with him, but since i don't call him out on it...you apparently gleam some nugget of info??

go back and see if any one of the so called posters from the left have supported what he is saying...that should be what tells you a lot.

The silence is deafening though.

imjebus
3/8/2006, 02:12 PM

Hey tuba It's my opinion, not all the lefties.... :rolleyes:

If it makes you guys sleep better at night to think that I am just Flame baiting or trolling then be my guest. But it is my real opinion and thats what it was stated as. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make me a troll.

imjebus
3/8/2006, 02:19 PM

You guys from the left have not supported what I have said, and I don't want you too because I don't care if you agree. I'm not saying what I said to troll or to gain acceptance.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 02:28 PM
What a nice spek comment!

Looks like the libz can'... 3/8/2006 11:55 AM sitzpinkler **** you - sitz

Sitzpinkler. I wonder if he knows what it means, cause it fits him to a tee!

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 02:30 PM
Hey tuba It's my opinion, not all the lefties.... :rolleyes:

If it makes you guys sleep better at night to think that I am just Flame baiting or trolling then be my guest. But it is my real opinion and thats what it was stated as. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make me a troll.

Didn't say it was, just noticing how some have been.

Kind of like all the outrage and protest in the middle east after 9/11.

3/8/2006, 02:40 PM
Didn't say it was, just noticing how some have been.

Kind of like all the outrage and protest in the middle east after 9/11.Kind of like all Moslems, worldwide. Not protesting any of the terrorism anywhere, anytime.The silence is deafening...and revealing.:eddie:

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 02:41 PM

Maybe this thread has turned into such a steaming pile of worthlessness and name-calling that most people aren't even bothering to read it.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 02:46 PM
Maybe this thread has turned into such a steaming pile of worthlessness and name-calling that most people aren't even bothering to read it.
Well, I was surprised that none of the libz on this board spoke up in the beginning to say that they support our military's ability to recruit, and that suing to keep them out of the school (while happily accepting taliban members) is BS.

If they did, i missed it.

Or perhaps, maybe there is a reason they didn't say anything...

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 02:48 PM
Well, I was surprised that none of the libz on this board spoke up in the beginning to say that they support our military's ability to recruit, and that suing to keep them out of the school (while happily accepting taliban members) is BS.

If they did, i missed it.

Most of the people you call "libz" probably don't respond to that name.

Hatfield
3/8/2006, 02:51 PM
funny that the people on the "right" are accusing the people on the "left" of not standing up and telling someone their opinion is wrong.

very revealing.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 02:56 PM
funny that the people on the "right" are accusing the people on the "left" of not standing up and telling someone their opinion is wrong.

very revealing.

Yes it is revealing.

I think it shows the lefties, like you, agree with neutering our nations military ability to recruit.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 02:58 PM
Most of the people you call "libz" probably don't respond to that name.

Or there aren't a lot of people that like to admit they are liberal in public.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 02:58 PM
I think it shows the lefties, like you, agree with neutering our nations military ability to recruit.

I haven't seen you denounce slavery on the SO once this week. Racist.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 02:59 PM

Yeah, everybody keeps their political views close to the vest around here. :rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 03:00 PM
I haven't seen you denounce slavery on the SO once this week. Racist.

Have you started a thread on it? Did the SCOTUS just rule on slavery or something?

Of course not.

If so, you would have seen my opinion. :D

Hatfield
3/8/2006, 03:00 PM
Yes it is revealing.

sometimes you make as much sense as eddie sutton after the second fifth of whiskey.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 03:01 PM
Yeah, everybody keeps their political views close to the vest around here. :rolleyes:Well, since they don't, glad to see all the fine libz and leftists supporting our troops and military ability to recruit at schools.

Oh wait...

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 03:03 PM
sometimes you make as much sense as eddie sutton after the second fifth of whiskey.

And sometimes your reading comprehension holds you back.

soonerscuba
3/8/2006, 03:03 PM
As for the original topic, I see both sides of the argument.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 03:04 PM
As for the original topic, I see both sides of the argument.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Hoser Sooner spek in 5...4...3....

Hatfield
3/8/2006, 03:06 PM
why don't you explain that to me tuba?

how does my not belittling someone's opinion equate to me supporting campuses not allowing military recruiting.....when the person's opinion stated nothing regarding that issue.

Octavian
3/8/2006, 03:08 PM
them lernin scools is fer pussies

we shood hand ovur all the teechin to the churches and rownd up them commy free theenkers, if u dont agree with me then your a commy ***** and trator to this grate nashun to

i cood tok abowt this all day but i'm bizzy, NASCARs on

Hatfield
3/8/2006, 03:09 PM
i personally have less of a problem with recruiters on the campuses of colleges than I do with them in high schools.

I also believe that if you rely on the govt for money you are going to have to put up with certain strings which are attached to that money....i.e. allowing recruiters.

If they (a campus) were to remove the govt teet from its mouth and say no recruiting for you on this campus I would also be fine with that.

they aren't saying you can't recruit...just that you can't recruit here. And if they are willing to live with the consequences of that decision then who are we to judge when it doesn't effect us?

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 03:09 PM
why don't you explain that to me tuba?

how does my not belittling someone's opinion equate to me supporting campuses not allowing military recruiting.....when the person's opinion stated nothing regarding that issue.

You didn't belittle someone's opinion? Heh, thats rich considering all the nice comments by you towards me on this thread.

I think we know your opinion on this matter, since you jumped in on page 1 to start attacking me.

But here is your chance. Please tell us how you feel about this topic.

soonerscuba
3/8/2006, 03:11 PM
Well since I am not super familiar with the argument I will defer to a unanimous supreme court. But I did understand that by allowing recruiters on campus could be seen as an endorsement of a job that violates the equal protection that most universities demand from potential employers. Add to this the federal money, and the hell if I know.

Hatfield
see above.

OklahomaTuba
them lernin scools is fer pussies

we shood hand ovur all the teechin to the churches and rownd up them commy free theenkers, if u dont agree with me then your a commy ***** and trator to this grate nashun to

i cood tok abowt this all day but i'm bizzy, NASCARs on

Damn, Barbara Streisand is posting now.

Liberalism will surely now prevail!

1stTimeCaller
3/8/2006, 03:12 PM
being as his brother is currently in the Army or Marine Corps I'd guess that Hatfield supports the troops

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 03:14 PM
they aren't saying you can't recruit...just that you can't recruit here. And if they are willing to live with the consequences of that decision then who are we to judge when it doesn't effect us?

So hindering the military's ability to recruit doesn't effect us?

Delusional, but ok, at least we got something out of your besides an attack or stupid question.

Hatfield
3/8/2006, 03:17 PM
do you think that is an appreciable hinderance? The inability to recruit on a campus? Set up shop around the campus...advertise in the campus paper and local paper.

soonerscuba
3/8/2006, 03:19 PM
Uh, I think the war in Iraq is hindering our ability to recruit more than uppity law professors.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 03:22 PM
do you think that is an appreciable hinderance? The inability to recruit on a campus? Set up shop around the campus...advertise in the campus paper and local paper.
Sure, why wouldn't it be??

Octavian
3/8/2006, 03:24 PM
Uh, I think the war in Iraq is hindering our ability to recruit more than uppity law professors.

you're just not getting it...it HAS to be the fault of the liberals. In an absolutist world where everything is black and white, your enemy must always to be blamev for everything. Ask Iran.

Hatfield
3/8/2006, 03:25 PM
Sure, why wouldn't it be??

why wouldn't it be? probably because you still have access to the students through other means such as setting up around the schools, and you require schools to give you the students addresses anyway....

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 03:26 PM

True, although most of the branches seem to exceed levels more often than not despite Iraq and the GWOT.

Nevertheless, I have no doubt that if this ruling had gone the other way, tons of schools would be discriminating against the military at job fairs and such.

See San Francisco as a great example of liberal tolerance and support when it comes to our military.

Or those types at UW that don't think they should be "turning out those sorts of people".

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 03:27 PM
you're just not getting it...it HAS to be the fault of the liberals. In an absolutist world where everything is black and white, your enemy must always to be blamev for everything. Ask Iran.

Heh, its funny when a lib talks about absolutes and black and white and such. The irony and hypocrisy of it is great.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 03:28 PM
why wouldn't it be? probably because you still have access to the students through other means such as setting up around the schools, and you require schools to give you the students addresses anyway....

Everyone outside of Liberal Fantasyland knows the only way to get the attention of college students is to hand out free T-shirts in the Union.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 03:30 PM

So then, what's the point of kicking our military out of the school then???

And if I am correct, hasn't the ACLU already tried to get the military to stop calling people for recruiting?

Another great leftist organization. Amazing how this whole jihad against the military comes from the same ideology.

Hatfield
3/8/2006, 03:31 PM
Everyone outside of Liberal Fantasyland knows the only way to get the attention of college students is to hand out free T-shirts in the Union.

stapled to a credit card application

Hatfield
3/8/2006, 03:32 PM
So then, whats the point of kicking our military out of the school then??

probably because they have other access to the students.

Octavian
3/8/2006, 03:33 PM
Heh, its funny when a lib talks about absolutes and black and white and such. The irony and hypocrisy of it is great.

there is NOT ONE single problem you wouldnt trace back to liberals in America.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 03:35 PM
there is NOT ONE single problem you wouldnt trace back to liberals in America.
Huh?

Not sure where you got that, but ok. :confused:

Octavian
3/8/2006, 03:36 PM
is there a different OklahomaTuba that always posts on SF? :confused:

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 03:37 PM
probably because they have other access to the students.

Ok, so they let universities and companies recruit at schools as well. Should they be banned as well, or should we just discriminate against the armed forces?

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 03:38 PM
is there a different OklahomaTuba that always posts on SF? :confused:
No, same one.

Oh wait, I get it, you were trying to be funny.

gotcha.

imjebus
3/8/2006, 03:39 PM

I don't have a problem with admitting I lean towards liberal....:P

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 03:41 PM
I don't have a problem with admitting I lean towards liberal....:P

Shocked. :eek:

jdsooner
3/8/2006, 03:42 PM
If not supporting the big mistake Bush made of invading Iraq makes me a liberal, then I am a liberal. After three long years of fighting, Iraq is still a mess. How many billions will we waste that could have been spent on homeland security?

Octavian
3/8/2006, 03:43 PM
you communist bastard.

Hatfield
3/8/2006, 03:47 PM
Ok, so they let universities and companies recruit at schools as well. Should they be banned as well, or should we just discriminate against the armed forces?

from the article:

The military's policy had put college leaders in a thorny situation because of campus rules that forbid participation of recruiters representing agencies or private companies that have discriminatory policies.

seems to me tuba that they are just trying to be consistent with their policies. Not some scheme to strangle america.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 03:51 PM
How many billions will we waste that could have been spent on homeland security?

How dare you question you the government. The government can do no wrong. The government knows what's best for us, so we should blindly accept everything it says. What are you, some kind of conservative?

Wait...what? I'm so confused.

Harry Beanbag
3/8/2006, 03:53 PM
from the article:

seems to me tuba that they are just trying to be consistent with their policies. Not some scheme to strangle america.

What is it about military recruiters that makes them discriminatory?

soonerscuba
3/8/2006, 03:54 PM

The military's position on gay soldiers, sailors, and Marines.

3/8/2006, 03:55 PM
So hindering the military's ability to recruit doesn't effect us?

Delusional, but ok, at least we got something out of your besides an attack or stupid question.Right on!

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 03:55 PM

They represent an employer that has discriminatory policies (Don't Ask, Don't Tell).

Harry Beanbag
3/8/2006, 03:57 PM
They represent an employer that has discriminatory policies (Don't Ask, Don't Tell).

How is that discriminatory? I've never been asked in an interview for any other job whether I was gay or not, and I've never told them either. ;)

Octavian
3/8/2006, 04:00 PM
Right on!

you do realize that he started this thread as an attack...

OklahomaTuba

So they don't let gays in the military in then huh?

mdklatt
How is that discriminatory?

If the military finds out you're gay, you're fired. That's blatently illegal in the business world. Whether or not you agree with that policy (and I do) it's discriminatory by definition.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 04:01 PM
you do realize that he started this thread as an attack...

So calling someone liberal is an attack?

When did liberal become such a bad word?

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 04:01 PM
So they don't let gays in the military in then huh?

Not knowingly.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 04:02 PM
Not knowingly.
But gays can't be in the military, right?

I mean, we ban them, right???

Octavian
Whether or not you agree with that policy (and I do)...

why? just curious...

Octavian
So calling someone liberal is an attack?

When did liberal become such a bad word?

careful, Tuba, your head will explode

Harry Beanbag
3/8/2006, 04:03 PM
If the military finds out you're gay, you're fired. That's blatently illegal in the business world. Whether or not you agree with that policy (and I do) it's discriminatory by definition.

That's a pretty weak excuse they've chosen to try to ban recruiters then, IMO. I think anyone with a brain knows that isn't the real reason they don't like recruiters.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 04:04 PM
careful, Tuba, your head will explode
Yeah, it probably will, the day you actually try to have an intelligent discussion and/or answer a question.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 04:06 PM
I think we should ban all employeers who have policies I disagree with.

Openmindedness is grand, isn't it?

Octavian
3/8/2006, 04:07 PM
its like talking to Nick...

Harry Beanbag
3/8/2006, 04:07 PM
its like talking to Nick...

or Herr...

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 04:08 PM
why? just curious...

Forcing gays into a life or death situation where they are not welcome is bad for all involved. Maybe gays should be allowed to be open as long as they are barred from combat units, like women used to be.

Octavian
3/8/2006, 04:09 PM
or Herr...

:D

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 04:10 PM
But gays can't be in the military, right?

I mean, we ban them, right???

I'm not going to define "discriminatory" for you. There are plenty of online dictionaries. Go ahead and bookmark one.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 04:11 PM
Forcing gays into a life or death situation where they are not welcome is bad for all involved. Maybe gays should be allowed to be open as long as they are barred from combat units, like women used to be.
Maybe we should just ban the military, that way we don't hurt anyones feelings anymore.

Then we could have peace and love, and flowers everywhere.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 04:11 PM
I think we should ban all employeers who have policies I disagree with.

You run a college?

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 04:12 PM
I'm not going to define "discriminatory" for you. There are plenty of online dictionaries. Go ahead and bookmark one.

OK, well I just wanted to make sure that our bigoted military is infact baning gays from serving.

1stTimeCaller
3/8/2006, 04:13 PM
Tuba, when you were in the military did you have a problem with gays in your platoon or did any other guys in the platoon have a problem with gays?

Harry Beanbag

There was an rather openly gay dude in my division in the Navy. Not saying he or his actions caused us to be any less effective a unit, but he did cause quite a bit of hate and disconcent, mainly because he was work center supervisor for a time. I know for a fact that he played favorites based on who "dabbled" with him. As for why nobody turned him in, I guess it was mainly because enlisted guys don't rat each other out for anything (within reason). You're all in the same ****ty boat.

That's the kind of thing the military is trying to avoid. You don't need gay love triangles in foxholes on the frontlines, it'll get people killed.

OklahomaTuba
You run a college?
I should, than I could ban those "dumb" evil bastards who protect our rights to boing other dudes n such.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 04:15 PM
Tuba, when you were in the military did you have a problem with gays in your platoon or did any other guys in the platoon have a problem with gays?
Wouldn't that be a better question for the guy that came up with don't ask don't tell......President Clinton?

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 04:16 PM
I know for a fact that he played favorites based on who "dabbled" with him.

This is sexual harassment, and shouldn't be tolerated regardless of sexual preference.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 04:17 PM
OK, well I just wanted to make sure that our bigoted military is infact baning gays from serving.

You still don't know what that word means, do you?

OklahomaTuba
Pink Camo would be so fabulous darling.

Harry Beanbag
This is sexual harassment, and shouldn't be tolerated regardless of sexual preference.

It sure is. Also something that couldn't be proved very easily. In the meantime our division, and the ship would have been torn apart.

NormanPride
3/8/2006, 04:18 PM
Wouldn't that be a better question for the guy that came up with don't ask don't tell......President Clinton?

I'm interested to hear a real, answer, actually.

Hatfield
3/8/2006, 04:18 PM
That's a pretty weak excuse they've chosen to try to ban recruiters then, IMO. I think anyone with a brain knows that isn't the real reason they don't like recruiters.

if they apply the policy evenly that if you are a company that has a discriminatory policy you can't recruit on campus then what is the problem?

the discriminatory policy is well documented and as such outside the allowable guidelines set by the campus and they sought to enforce their policy.

It went to the court and they were told that the military was allowed an exception due to the funding they received.

they aren't attacking the military they were just attempting to hold them to the same standard as everyone else that comes on the campus.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 04:19 PM
It sure is. Also something that couldn't be proved very easily. In the meantime our division, and the ship would have been torn apart.

How would it have been different if it was a male/female thing?

soonerscuba
Gay men, in the Navy? Shocking.

;)

OklahomaTuba
You still don't know what that word means, do you?
Well, you never answered my question. If you are gay, can you serve?

Its either yes, or no.

Pretty damn easy question IMO.

1stTimeCaller
3/8/2006, 04:20 PM

Was that a yes or a no?

OklahomaTuba
I'm interested to hear a real, answer, actually.
Whys that?

Octavian
Pink Camo would be so fabulous darling.

...paging Mr. Phelps

Hatfield
Yes tuba you can serve.

However if you acknowledge your sexuality then you can be terminated. That is the discrim. part.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 04:21 PM
Was that a yes or a no?
Oh, your being serious.

Ok, well since I wasn't in the military, it would be a negative.

1stTimeCaller

Its either yes, or no.

You can serve if you are gay but you can't let anyone know that you are gay. If you let them know that you are gay they will fire you. But you already knew that didn't you?

OklahomaTuba
...paging Mr. Phelps
He's standing next to Al Gore somewhere. Lemme go find him.

NormanPride
Whys that?

What? Because I'm interested. I think 1TC wants one as well. Is there a reason you're dodging the question?

EDIT: I see you answered it. Thank you.

Harry Beanbag
3/8/2006, 04:22 PM
How would it have been different if it was a male/female thing?

We didn't have females on our ship.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 04:22 PM

Its either yes, or no.

What the ****, exactly, is your position? That colleges should allow military recruiters on campus because we're at war for the children? Or that the military doesn't discriminate against homos by firing them for being gay?

Harry Beanbag
3/8/2006, 04:23 PM
if they apply the policy evenly that if you are a company that has a discriminatory policy you can't recruit on campus then what is the problem?

the discriminatory policy is well documented and as such outside the allowable guidelines set by the campus and they sought to enforce their policy.

It went to the court and they were told that the military was allowed an exception due to the funding they received.

they aren't attacking the military they were just attempting to hold them to the same standard as everyone else that comes on the campus.

I don't believe that's their motivation. Kind of like the dems going ape**** over this port deal based on security concerns, it's just not believable.

OklahomaTuba
You can serve if you are gay but you can't let anyone know that you are gay. If you let them know that you are gay they will fire you. But you already knew that didn't you?
Sure I did, and I have no problem with it.

Seems to me like a very good solution to this problem. If you don't tell, how do you get punished for it?

mdklatt
We didn't have females on our ship.

But there are now, correct? Sexual harassment is not homo/hetero issue.

imjebus
3/8/2006, 04:24 PM

Good question, tuba were you in the military?

So why wasn't you in the military?

Harry Beanbag
3/8/2006, 04:25 PM
But there are now, correct? Sexual harassment is not homo/hetero issue.

No there aren't.

The particular scenario I gave you was a homo issue since there were only men onboard.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 04:25 PM
What the ****, exactly, is your position? That colleges should allow military recruiters on campus because we're at war for the children?
I am generally in support of our armed forces being able to recruit in order to protect us.

I am guessing you are not, correct?

Hatfield
3/8/2006, 04:26 PM
I don't believe that's their motivation. Kind of like the dems going ape**** over this port deal based on security concerns, it's just not believable.

you aren't engaging in honest debate if you say only the dems are going ape***. Repubs are just as vocal.

and both sides are just doing it to garner support from their base.

imjebus
3/8/2006, 04:26 PM
Sure I did, and I have no problem with it.

Seems to me like a very good solution to this problem. If you don't tell, how do you get punished for it?

So you have to keep quiet so you don't get punished for being gay... thats a good solution... :rolleyes:

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 04:27 PM
I am generally in support of our armed forces being able to recruit in order to protect us.

I am guessing you are not, correct?

Do you need to take your ritalin? You can't seem to focus.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 04:28 PM
The particular scenario I gave you was a homo issue since there were only men onboard.

Then maybe men should be banned from the military.

Harry Beanbag
you aren't engaging in honest debate if you say only the dems are going ape***. Repubs are just as vocal.

and both sides are just doing it to garner support from their base.

Oh I know the elephants are ****ed as well, but for different reasons.

1stTimeCaller
So you have to keep quiet so you don't get punished for being gay... thats a good solution... :rolleyes:

If you think that soultion sucks why don't you tell us your solution?

Harry Beanbag
3/8/2006, 04:29 PM
Then maybe men should be banned from the military.

:confused: This is a retarded statement, I expect better from you. :(

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2006, 04:29 PM
Good question, tuba were you in the military?

So why wasn't you in the military?

I've said I wasn't. Of course there wasn't a war or threat of one at the time that I would have been of any help to the armed forces, but if there is a draft, I would happily go if they needed me.

See, I believe that it would be an honor to serve my country, unlike you who think military people are dumbasses.

Harry Beanbag
3/8/2006, 04:30 PM
If you think that soultion sucks why don't you tell us your solution?

Kill everybody dumber than me; therefore, we don't have to have a military.

Harry Beanbag
3/8/2006, 04:30 PM
I've said I wasn't. Of course there wasn't a war or threat of one at the time that I would have been of any help to the armed forces, but if there is a draft, I would happily go.

See, I believe that it would be an honor to serve my country, unlike you who think military people are dumbasses.

You think the military only needs people during wartime?