PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Guy may be 200 years old but he still shreds your face.

Hatfield
3/6/2006, 12:40 AM
just saying.

what a great show by a great performer. You can tell he has been doing this for a long time and still loves every minute of it.

King Crimson
3/6/2006, 05:22 AM
that was kind of my feeling seeing him about 2 years ago.

ya know, he was driving a tow truck until the early 80's. a guy is being acknowledged as the greatest living bluesman by such as Eric Clapton and driving a ****ing tow truck.

AlbqSooner
3/6/2006, 07:58 AM
In Greenville, Mississippi I had the pleasure of watching a man who had just turned 90 be helped to the stage. He had that old man shuffle and could not quite negotiate the two steps up. BUT, when he sat down at the keyboard and let his fingers play, it was an effortless rendition of some of the finest blues you will ever hear.

He had been a waiter at a steakhouse for several years before he retired at 85.

I was told that he had played for a time with Muddy Waters, Lightning Hopkins, and others.Sorry, but I do not recall his name.

Pieces Hit
3/6/2006, 09:15 AM
He was known to most people as "waiter!".

King Crimson
3/6/2006, 01:49 PM
In Greenville, Mississippi I had the pleasure of watching a man who had just turned 90 be helped to the stage. He had that old man shuffle and could not quite negotiate the two steps up. BUT, when he sat down at the keyboard and let his fingers play, it was an effortless rendition of some of the finest blues you will ever hear.

He had been a waiter at a steakhouse for several years before he retired at 85.

I was told that he had played for a time with Muddy Waters, Lightning Hopkins, and others.Sorry, but I do not recall his name.

i'm going to guess that was Pinetop Perkins.

Howzit
3/6/2006, 01:53 PM

Reminds me of the Johnny Winter show I saw in Dallas a few months back. I know he had undergone hip surgery, but he moved like he was 90.

AlbqSooner
3/6/2006, 08:29 PM
i'm going to guess that was Pinetop Perkins.
BINGO! I could not recall the name, but I am fairly sure that was indeed the man.

yermom
3/7/2006, 01:31 AM
yeah, great show

that is pretty cool venue