PDA

View Full Version : We saved "Mollie" from shelter "death row"

Okla-homey
3/5/2006, 07:40 PM
My mom had to put down her 13y/o miniature schnauzer recently and wanted another. We found "Mollie" a 3 y/o through a breed rescue organization. She is a sweet dog who I'm sure Mom will love.

"Mollie" had been in a shelter in OKC and was brought to Tulsa where we found her thru a neat lady who scours Oklahoma shelters and pounds for miniature schnauzers who need homes to avoid...well, you know. Her coat is kinda raggedy because some a-hole had put her out and she ran wild for a while and got all filfthy and burr-tangled. It will grow back and she'll be beautiful

If you want a doggy, shelters and/or breed rescue organizations are a great and responsible option. They also beat the heck out of buying from a "puppy mill" or pet store. BTW, she's already house-trained, doesn't chew-up stuff and minds.

That is all,

JohnnyMack
3/5/2006, 07:44 PM
chew-up minds like a zombie or chew-up stuff and minds, like she behaves?

Okla-homey
3/5/2006, 09:07 PM
chew-up minds like a zombie or chew-up stuff and minds, like she behaves?

doesn't chew-up stuff and behaves.:D

BoogercountySooner
3/5/2006, 09:20 PM
You could get one like I did, Let your Mom and her dog move in with you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/arkiejeff/IMG_1571.jpg

Twister and Granny!

Okla-homey
3/5/2006, 09:30 PM
I love Okie and Arkie grannies. They rock, especially when they tell stories of how all they had to eat during the "hard times" was bacon grease and corn bread made from sawdust and floor sweepings and stuff. Also, getting an orange in their stocking at Christmas from Santy.

Later, they hated the Japs but prayed on their knees for their salvation.

They also pretty universally thought FDR was a minor saint and would vote for Satan hisself if he ran on the Democrat ticket. At least mine did, may God bless her.

I still can't go into the church in Ardmore where I went since nine months before I was born and look over at that pew she used to share with my grandpaw for 50 years and not tear-up a bit.

I say God Bless, good health and long life to Granny and Twister!

JohnnyMack
3/5/2006, 10:21 PM
doesn't chew-up stuff and behaves.:D

Good. Zombie dogs, boy I've made that mistake a time or two. Not fun. Brains do not come out of the carpet as easily as you'd think. Stupid shop-vacs.