PDA

View Full Version : Finishing out the season

JohnnyMack
3/5/2006, 07:14 PM
We're 20 - 7.

Our next game will most likely be against the Bugeaters in a game we should win.

Then KU in a game that can best be called a coin flip.

Then it would be Saxet in the finals.

Best case scenario I see us going 2 - 1, finishing 22 - 8 and entering the tourney with a 5 or 6 seed.

Next case we go 1 - 1 finish at 21 - 8 and end up with a 6 or 7 seed.

Worst case we go 0 - 1 in the tourney and get a 7 seed with a 20 - 8 record.

Our first round matchup will be against a small school that will zone us to death on defense and jack up three after three on us by using good ball movement on the perimeter to avoid our interior D while they're on offense. We'll be lucky to win.

This team isn't good enough or smart enough to get to the Sweet 16.

Twenty win seasons are nothing new. Sadly neither is the way this season is going to play out.

oumartin
3/5/2006, 07:17 PM
at least we're not OSU.

Newbomb Turk
3/5/2006, 07:18 PM
at least we're not OSU this year.

:eddie:

OUstud
3/5/2006, 07:22 PM
Same damn story every non-Hollis-in-his-prime year.

crawfish
3/5/2006, 08:14 PM
This actually sets us up pretty well. We can beat KU in Dallas, and UT's short depth will work against them in a three-day tourney. I also assume they won't shoot nearly so well outside of the comfortable confines of their home court.

3-0 is a definite possibility; however, history has shown that winning the conference tournament means DIDDLY SQUAT.

I say a 5 seed if we make it to the finals, 6 otherwise.

OKC-SLC
3/5/2006, 08:20 PM
our seeding in the ncaa tournament does not matter.

we'll struggle but win by 8 in the first game.

we'll struggle and lose by 8 in the second.

if we fail to lose the second game, we will struggle and lose in the sweet 16.

crawfish
3/5/2006, 08:39 PM
our seeding in the ncaa tournament does not matter.

we'll struggle but win by 8 in the first game.

we'll struggle and lose by 8 in the second.

if we fail to lose the second game, we will struggle and lose in the sweet 16.

If by some miracle we win the sweet 16 game, we'll get drilled in the round of eight.

And of course, if hell freezes over and we manage to luck by that game, we're toast in the final four.

sooner518
3/5/2006, 08:48 PM
If by some miracle we win the sweet 16 game, we'll get drilled in the round of eight.

And of course, if hell freezes over and we manage to luck by that game, we're toast in the final four.
and if we get lucky as hell and win the final 4 game, we'll get murdered in the championship game.

and if we somehow sell our souls to the devil and win it all, we'll lose our first game next year to Coppin State.

picasso
3/5/2006, 11:10 PM
what kind of offense do we run? seriously Kelvin could just let the boys play pickup ball and do better.:confused:

royalfan5
3/6/2006, 08:59 AM
I would just like to point out that NU is 0-5 in the Big XII tourney under the soon to be gone Barry Collier, so y'all will probably play Mizzou.

JohnnyMack
3/6/2006, 10:06 AM
what kind of offense do we run?

http://www.ffbooks.co.uk/images/n12/n61824.jpg

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/6/2006, 11:19 AM
Right now, my most passionate basketball wish is that someone spanks the whorns early in the NCAA tourney.