PDA

View Full Version : 25 to Life - a boycott

jk the sooner fan
3/5/2006, 06:11 PM
I got this thru my LE association website and wanted to pass it on here:

This was passed on to me by my long-time friend and associate Buck Revell, former Exective Assistant Director of the FBI. Buck's comments: "I totally agree with Charlie, former Chief NYPD. Please consider adding your name to this petition and forwarding it to your friends and associates. If even one young person decides to play this game in real life then at least two lives will have been destroyed. Free speech should not, in my opinion, be used to incite or encourage homicide." I pass this along to my brothers and sisters in CID. The video game "25 To Life" is due out in stores this month. The object of this game is to kill LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS.

The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund is putting together an online petition to boycott this game.
I am asking each of you to go to their website and please sign the petition and pass along this info to your family and friends.

NATIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS MEMORIAL FUND PROTESTS 25 TO LIFE© VIDEO GAME
Parents, Caregivers Urged to Boycott Violent Game. The Public has spoken! In just over two weeks, more than 35,000 of you have joined our boycott petition of the violent video game, "25 to Life©". we've surpassed 200,000 signatures... and will keep going! Add your voice TODAY to our vigorous campaign discouraging parents and caregivers from purchasing or allowing children access to the 25-to-Life video game.

Go to http://nleomf.com/ to sign the online petition to protest "25 to Life"©.

JohnnyMack
3/5/2006, 06:38 PM
What's the difference between this and a WWII shooter where you can play the role of Nazis shooting American Soldiers? Or Battlefield 2, where you can play the role of terrorists shooting American Soldiers?

Czar Soonerov
3/5/2006, 06:59 PM
I think they should make a video game where you can shoot the SF.com mods.

...wait, I'm kind of a mod. Nevermind.

JohnnyMack
3/5/2006, 07:02 PM
I think they should make a video game where you can shoot the SF.com mods.

...wait, I'm kind of a God. Nevermind.

Egotist. :rolleyes:

:D

sooner_born_1960
3/5/2006, 07:17 PM
When I was a a kid, we played cops and robbers. Sometimes the cop got shot, sometimes the robber. It was just a game then. It's just a game now.
We also played cowboys and Indians. I think the Indians always got shot in that one.