PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Don Knotts

Soonerbabeinbama
3/5/2006, 11:53 AM
I think there has already been a Don Knotts thread - but TV Land is doing a Don Knotts marathon. For hours I've been watching Andy Griffith reruns. One of the best shows ever imo. Does it get funnier than Barney Fife? And what a wonderful place Mayberry was. Don Knotts was one absolutely fantastic commedian. It makes me so sad when the good guys go. He was a classic. You will be missed Don Knotts.

Tailwind
3/5/2006, 12:00 PM
Barney was pretty funny......but I constantly want to smack "Aint Bee".

SoonerProphet
3/5/2006, 12:13 PM
Watched the Case of the Punch in Nose yesterday on TV land. Barney is trying to close the case about Floyd and Mr. Foley. Classic Andy Griffith.

Goober: You know, Andy... Barney's a wonderful feller, but sometimes I just don't understand him, do you?
Andy: Yeah. He's a nut

Soonerbabeinbama
3/5/2006, 12:24 PM
Barney: "What's the matter? Haven't you ever seen a guy take off a dress before?"

Andy: "Barn - how would you like to take a week off? Go to Mount Pilot, get a room at the Y - really live it up."

Soonerbabeinbama
3/5/2006, 02:51 PM
"nip it in the bud...nip it, nip it"

"J u a n i t a..."

"Here in our high security lock down ..."
high security lock down = key is in the top drawer:D

damn Jaux - maybe we should go outside and get some fresh air or something!!:eek:

Tailwind
3/5/2006, 03:00 PM
I kinda felt sorry for Barney when Gomer was "discovered".

OKC Sooner
3/5/2006, 08:28 PM
Barney: Well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's teenagers. I say this calls for action and now! Nip it in the bud! First sign of youngsters going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud.
Andy: I'm going to have a talk with them. What else do you want me to do?
Barney: Well, don't just mollycoddle them.
Andy: I won't.
Barney: Nip it! You go read any book you ant on the subject of child discipline and you'll find every one of them is in favor of bud-nipping.
===================
Barney: Now here at the Rock we have two rules. Memorize them until you can say them in your sleep. Rule number one: obey all rules. Rule number two: no writing on the walls.
===================
Barney: I'm a man of the world, Andy. Why, I've even been to Raleigh!