PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns loose 2 in Vegas on blown leads

sportsproducer
3/5/2006, 10:43 AM
The Longhorns are having a tough year on the diamond so far this year. You may recall they where swept at San Diego the first weekend of the season. This weekend they are in Vegas play the Rebs of UNLV. On Friday night the Horns where up 10-0 eventually losing 13-12. Last night at one point when I checked they where up 8-6, eventually losing 9-8.
The Horns are 9-8 so far on the season.

Looking at the rest of the Big 12 Texas A&M and Kansas are both playing some good ball. The Sooners play both of those series on the road.

AustinTXHorn
3/5/2006, 08:39 PM
Yep...awful awful defense. Texas allowed 15 unearned runs this weekend. They gave up 16 in conference play last year.

Hopefully they can turn it around.

SeattleOUstudent
3/5/2006, 08:42 PM
got my fingers crossed!

sportsproducer
3/5/2006, 08:59 PM
AustinTX, Will you be in Norman for the OU/Texas series?
I plan to take that entire weekend off send my wife out of town and be seated front row for every game. That should be a dandy.

AustinTXHorn
3/5/2006, 09:05 PM
I was planning on going, but I lucked into some Final Four tickets, so I'll be there instead.

I've never been able to make it to Norman for a Texas/OU series. Last time Texas was there, they held it during the NCAA Tourney again. Wish they'd push it back some.

I plan on being at the Big 12 baseball tourney in OKC though.

sportsproducer
3/5/2006, 11:12 PM
Cool, Enjoy the Final Four. Even if the Horns don't make it you will have tons of fun.