PDA

View Full Version : AQ Chicken House - Springdale AR

Okla-homey
3/5/2006, 08:18 AM
Pretty good yardbird if I do say so myself. Had the "sampler" which included both a BBQ and "classic AQ pan fried" piece. Excellent service.

I recommend the place. Kinda historic too since its been in bidness since 1947 -- although I think that pertains to the original location in Fayetteville.

As an aside, waaaay too many photos of Bill Clinton hanging on the walls -- Hillary must not like chicken because there were'nt any pictures of her chowing down.

www.aqchicken.com

OU-HSV
3/5/2006, 08:20 AM
Yep...AQ chicken is awesome. I haven't had it in a couple years, I'll have to swing through Springdale or Fayetville on my next trip to Oklahoma.

Flagstaffsooner
3/5/2006, 08:24 AM
They let damn yankees in there?;)

BoogercountySooner
3/5/2006, 08:25 AM
Usually the worse service in Springdale. I live 2 miles from there and wouldn't eat there ever if not for my folks from out of town!

Just sayin

Okla-homey
3/5/2006, 08:29 AM
Usually the worse service in Springdale. I live 2 miles from there and wouldn't eat there ever if not for my folks from out of town!

Just sayin

I brought take-out home to the Mrs. She liked it too -- 'cept for the "batter-dipped french fries." I expect those babies need to be eaten hot from the grease in order to release their heart-attack inducing goodness.

OU-HSV
3/5/2006, 08:34 AM

Just sayin
Hey Booger...how far from Hwy 540 is the AQ in Fayetville? It's been so long I can't remember.

BoogercountySooner
3/5/2006, 08:37 AM
If you come from the south probably 5 miles down 71 Bus. from the North 3 miles! Just a guess!

OU-HSV
3/5/2006, 08:46 AM
Cool, thanks....we stopped off there and ate at a newer BBQ joint a few months ago (it was a couple blocks west of 540). It was pretty good, I can't remember the name of it, something with the word Hog in it I think (go figure).

Jimminy Crimson
3/5/2006, 01:51 PM
Mmm, Krista Sanchez! :D

yermom
3/5/2006, 01:54 PM
i read this as Al Qaeda Chicken House

i was thinking like Chicken Ranch :eek:

Okla-homey
3/5/2006, 02:56 PM
i read this as Al Qaeda Chicken House

i was thinking like Chicken Ranch :eek:

I asked and they said it stood for "Arkansas Quality." Seems like a contradiction in terms to me.;)

Jerk
3/5/2006, 03:58 PM
Truckers don't call that place chickendale for no reason.

The Fayetville/Chickendale/Bentonville area will have more people than Tulsa in a few years.

swardboy
3/5/2006, 11:05 PM
Cool, thanks....we stopped off there and ate at a newer BBQ joint a few months ago (it was a couple blocks west of 540). It was pretty good, I can't remember the name of it, something with the word Hog in it I think (go figure).

Hog Haus?

AllAboutThe'O'
3/5/2006, 11:48 PM
I recommend the place. Kinda historic too since its been in bidness since 1947 -- although I think that pertains to the original location in Fayetteville.

No, the original AQ is in Springdale. They built the one in Fayetteville a decade ago. They also have another restaurant in Bentonville.

I've ate at all three places, and I kind of favor the one in Fayetteville. Springdale's good for the tradition and all, but I just like the Fayetteville place better.

Oh yeah, and there's nothing like the pan-fried chicken. The chicken parmesian (sp?) isn't bad either.

OU-HSV
3/6/2006, 12:01 AM
Hog Haus?
Actually, I remembered earlier tonight, I think it was called Boars Nest or Boars Den...it was down from the McDonalds/gas station that's right off of 540.