PDA

View Full Version : Ramonce Taylor Off Team!!!!!!!!!

jackal42601
3/4/2006, 07:54 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=519802

I live here in temple,tx next to belton,tx and my brother inlaw is a big horn fan and he said he heard from a reliable source in belton that he needs alot of credits for this semester and even summer, and boy was he ****ed.

oumartin
3/4/2006, 08:05 PM
Just more proof that Mack sold his soul for that NC.

Desert Sapper
3/4/2006, 09:20 PM
So how bad are they going to beat us at RRS this year? That big Whorn parachute is quickly collapsing and they are still a long way up.

Cam
3/4/2006, 09:26 PM
He'll take about 20 classes at Austin Community College between now and than and be at training camp.

Same stuff, different year for them.

JohnnyMack
3/4/2006, 09:27 PM
Just another single digit wonderlic waiting to happen.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/4/2006, 09:58 PM
He'll take about 20 classes at Austin Community College between now and than and be at training camp.

Same stuff, different year for them.

werd[/taylor]

sportsproducer
3/4/2006, 10:21 PM
It does not sounbd like he is off the team but simply working on Academics. Obvioulsy he is in poor shape so Mack figures he better get his butt in gear becasue they will definately need him next season.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/4/2006, 11:26 PM
It does not sounbd like he is off the team but simply working on Academics. Obvioulsy he is in poor shape so Mack figures he better get his butt in gear becasue they will definately need him next season.

dude, this crap happens EVERY year. 2-3 players, sometimes stars sometimes not, end up at ACC needing 20+ hours to continue in football. they spend the spring and summer there and then miraculously end up eligible for fall. about the only guy who hasn't made it back was mike williams.

Flagstaffsooner
3/5/2006, 01:21 AM
dude, this crap happens EVERY year. 2-3 players, sometimes stars sometimes not, end up at ACC needing 20+ hours to continue in football. they spend the spring and summer there and then miraculously end up eligible for fall. about the only guy who hasn't made it back was mike williams.Is that where VY got all of his knowledge?

buckeyefromscum
3/5/2006, 01:38 AM
who else besides taylor went this route? Selvin Young, any others?

BASSooner
3/5/2006, 01:42 AM
the whole team:D

TheGodfather889
3/5/2006, 02:15 AM
Ohhh this is great now OU only needs to worry about Jamal Charles when it comes time for the 2nd Saturday of October.

Bevo-Stevo
3/5/2006, 08:52 AM
So how bad are they going to beat us at RRS this year

Pretty freaking bad....but hey, you asked. Texas 24-ou 10. Hook 'Em!!

DeadSolidPerfect
3/5/2006, 09:06 AM
Pretty freaking bad....but hey, you asked. Texas 24-ou 10. Hook 'Em!!
Dhuuuuuuuuu...pretty freaking bad...dhoooooo..uuuuummmmm..deeeerrrrrr..Hook'em :texan:

MojoRisen
3/5/2006, 11:27 AM
Texas will not score again- sorry boys but Colt butt boy Mccoy is going to get killed and Jevan- will take inches like levon... Saxet will not score in the RRS 2006

OU 17- UT 0

Bevo-Stevo
3/5/2006, 11:51 AM
Texas will not score in the RRS 2006

OU 17- UT 0

You must have drank a whole keg of that near-beer this morning. Too far until football starts to post anything this delusional.

MojoRisen
3/5/2006, 12:02 PM
I have been to the last 6 RRS- I know enough to make the statement!

What are they going to do run on OU?

Bevo-Stevo
3/5/2006, 12:09 PM
What are they going to do run on OU?

Yeah.....you're right. I mean, what was I thinking? It's not like J. Charles could run off an 80-yard touchdo......oh wait, nevermind.

fadada1
3/5/2006, 12:21 PM
Yeah.....you're right. I mean, what was I thinking? It's not like J. Charles could run off an 80-yard touchdo......oh wait, nevermind.
and Q could get 6 touchdowns... HEY, that's the same score as vince got on his wonderlik!!!! co-inkidink??? i think not!!!!

;)

MojoRisen
3/5/2006, 12:27 PM
You have 9 more months before the gang rape.... 17 zip- J Charles is going to get smack down. Butt boy Mccoy is going to call in sick, Jevoun is going to find out real quick what it is like to be head hunted....

TheGodfather889
3/5/2006, 02:06 PM
Bob Stoops and Brent Venables know how to scheme for Texas really well.They find a way to take away Texas' best weapon (except last year but no one could stop Vince Young last year).Jamal Charles will not run on OU.

BASSooner
3/5/2006, 03:25 PM
Yeah we have too much talent on the DL and additional linebackers to assist on blitzes and covering the gaps..no chance for jamal

Soonerman08
3/5/2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah we have too much talent on the DL and additional linebackers to assist on blitzes and covering the gaps..no chance for jamal

Yeah the only way Texas stands much of a chance is through the air and I think that Bobby Jack Wright will have our secondary better than it was last year. He made great progress with the freshmen on hand, and I believe it will be better now. With Granger, McCoy, Birdine, Ah You, Pendleton, Williams, and Thibodeaux on Defensive Line, Rufus, Latimer, and possibly Baker or Reynolds at Linebacker our run defense should be much better than last year.

WestAustinSooner
3/5/2006, 05:42 PM
Gee, I believe we shut the 'horns out with VY at the helm a few years ago 12-0. We would have had 19 points, if Bob Stoops had not the class to take a knee in the last minute. We're going to have a mighty good defense this year, facing a freshman QB. Holding Texas to a shutout is not delusional at all. Improbable, yes. Delusional, no. Delusional is the 'horns prediction of a repeat MNC with QB's who have never taken a snap during a game.

With Bomar having a good game and AD firing on all cylinders, no way Texas beats OU. No way. OU 27, Texas 10.

Bevo-Stevo
3/5/2006, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=With Bomar having a good game and AD firing on all cylinders, no way Texas beats OU. No way. OU 27, Texas 10.[/QUOTE]

Uh....that is extremely delusional, thank you. There's no way in hell ou beats Texas this October.

Octavian
3/5/2006, 06:26 PM
There's no way in hell ou beats Texas this October.

Why? Where's the huge UT advantage?

Octavian
3/5/2006, 06:35 PM
thats what I thought...way to sign off, Stevo

bluedogok
3/5/2006, 06:52 PM
Don't get your hopes up, he will be eligible by football season. They will make sure of that.

BASSooner
3/5/2006, 07:08 PM
UT has to deal with a better run defense and a dynamic running back. Good luck with that.

MiccoMacey
3/5/2006, 08:58 PM
who else besides taylor went this route? Selvin Young, any others?

Didn't Edorian McCullough get bounced for grades...not sure if he went to ACC or not.

Man, that dude was faaaaaaast. He ran down Savage from behind like he was standing still on the kickoff near the end of the half in the 2002 RRS.

Savage would have gone all the way if it weren't for EM.

CtheB
3/5/2006, 09:57 PM
Uh....that is extremely delusional, thank you. There's no way in hell ou beats Texas this October.

Before you get too over-confident with your dominating 1 year of scoreboard, I think you need to see how the academics pans out at the end of the semester. Appears there is quite a problem balancing books and athletics in Austin.

AustinTXHorn
3/5/2006, 10:02 PM
Offseason rules.

BASSooner
3/5/2006, 10:03 PM
Before you get too over-confident with your dominating 1 year of scoreboard, I think you need to see how the academics pans out at the end of the semester. Appears there is quite a problem balancing books and athletics in Austin.
Exactly. A football team needs 2 things. An offense ands a defense. A defense they have. Their offense just left for early to fail a wonderlic test.

Norhtwah
3/6/2006, 08:44 AM

Talk about delusional. Do you want to explain the logic behind your reasoning since your one year in a row streak you all have going?

Idiot!!!

Desert Sapper
3/6/2006, 08:54 AM

Maybe not in hell, but in Dallas, OU stands a better than average chance of spanking saxet this October. Consider that in the last six years we have twice hung more than 60 points on your vaunted whorn d. Two years ago we shut out your all-world superstar QB. Before this past year, it looked like the whorns would never beat OU again. Better start preparing yourself for the whipping we are going to lay on Bevo, cause it'll be all-u-can eat steak night in Dallas on October 7. Moo.

Bevo-Stevo
3/6/2006, 09:18 AM
Do you want to explain the logic behind your reasoning

Sure:
1) ou's o-line(horrible....and that's an understatement)
2) UT's o-line(very good)
3) Bomar.....quit trying to convince yourselves he's the next great ou QB....he's really not. True, he has a year of experience over UT's, but if either Texas QB can simply manage the game and not try to emulate Vince, Texas' stable of skill position players are incredible and will take the pressure off
4) UT's defense will be better than the one ou played last year....I don't think ou will score more than 10 points against Texas
5) Team speed favors Texas....not even close
6) ou's secondary is still your weakest link....it will show

There you go. Now, I'm sure you'll try to refute these points.....sooners are always objective!!!

MojoRisen
3/6/2006, 09:33 AM
17-0

OU

RedStripe
3/6/2006, 09:47 AM
Offseason rules.

O'Doyle Rules!

Desert Sapper
3/6/2006, 10:03 AM
Sure:

We'll see how horrible they are after another spring and summer. That youth we played last year should be much better this year. If they can learn to pass block (the biggest mental hurdle for young players), they will dominate.

And you guys didn't lose anybody did you? Like maybe Will Allen and Jonathan Scott? Your O-Line will be good, and it may be the most interesting matchup of the game (your O-Line v. our D-Line), but I'm not seeing your significant advantage in this area (remember that your O-Line is not going against our O-Line, it is going against our D-Line).

3) Bomar.....quit trying to convince yourselves he's the next great ou QB....he's really not. True, he has a year of experience over UT's, but if either Texas QB can simply manage the game and not try to emulate Vince, Texas' stable of skill position players are incredible and will take the pressure off

Hmmmm...yeah, we don't have any skill position players do we? The Heisman front runner for next year, and the best WRs in the Big XII. But you're right, this is a huge cause for concern.

4) UT's defense will be better than the one ou played last year....I don't think ou will score more than 10 points against Texas

You guys didn't lose anybody from your defense either? Gee...Rod Wright, Aaron Harris, Ced Griffin, Michael Huff? Those losses won't hurt, though, because you have all that talent waiting to step in and be...better than those guys. Right. You will be good on defense, but not better.

This is laughable. Not even close, eh?

This may be true, but when you consider what our front seven will look like, it would be hard for the secondary to be the strength. I'm sure those QBs with no collegiate experience will shred our secondary. You are so right.

Keep sipping the orange koolaid, buddy.

MojoRisen
3/6/2006, 10:46 AM
Bevo- it is going to be a gang rape- don't even think you are not going to feel the fury of Oklahoma.....

Colt Butt Boy McCoy Jevon I take it like Elton John, are going to get absolutely crushed.... niether of them are better than Sims or Major especially as Frosh/soph with no experience.

You guys will not be able to move the ball effectively, there will be lot's of turnovers, we will hold petal to the medal- We almost felt sorry for you guys last year- now that feeling is gone and it is back to *** whoopin time!

SoonerBBall
3/6/2006, 10:46 AM
Oh snaps. Bevo-steve got brokebacked.

BASSooner
3/6/2006, 10:47 AM
Sure:
3) Bomar.....quit trying to convince yourselves he's the next great ou QB....he's really not. True, he has a year of experience over UT's, but if either Texas QB can simply manage the game and not try to emulate Vince, Texas' stable of skill position players are incredible and will take the pressure off4) UT's defense will be better than the one ou played last year....I don't think ou will score more than 10 points against Texas

There you go. Now, I'm sure you'll try to refute these points.....sooners are always objective!!!
The text that is in bold is biased information coming from an average biased longhorn.
You're very delusional kiddo.

Bevo-Stevo
3/6/2006, 11:24 AM
Fine....we'll see October 7th who's delusional. Talk to you after that. Hook 'Em!!

RooseveltRoughRider
3/6/2006, 01:08 PM
Texas will not score again- sorry boys but Colt butt boy Mccoy is going to get killed and Jevan- will take inches like levon... Saxet will not score in the RRS 2006

OU 17- UT 0

OU has not scored 14 on them since 2003...
just stating facts.

RooseveltRoughRider
3/6/2006, 01:12 PM
No Offense, but if anyone can look at UT's 2 deep roster and look at OU;s 2 deep roster and honestly think the teams are equal...your living in a fantasy world. Despite UT's graduates and draftees, the gap has NOT been miraculously closed in a few months. OU will compete, but lets be honest withou AD, OU does not score this year in the RRS.

IronSooner
3/6/2006, 01:22 PM
I'll admit it, I clicked on this thread of my own free will. But I still want my money back.

MojoRisen
3/6/2006, 01:35 PM
OU has not scored 14 on them since 2003...
just stating facts.

That was only two games ago- hell one of them Texas didn't score at all! I saw grown men and women crying at that game... it was pitiful.

Bring it on WHORNS, this is an entirely diferent year- and Butt boy and Jevon are not going to be the answer :)

Stick a fork in ya- your done!

CU Sooner
3/6/2006, 02:44 PM
No Offense, but if anyone can look at UT's 2 deep roster and look at OU;s 2 deep roster and honestly think the teams are equal...your living in a fantasy world. Despite UT's graduates and draftees, the gap has NOT been miraculously closed in a few months. OU will compete, but lets be honest withou AD, OU does not score this year in the RRS.

Let's be honest AD is playing, BYE-BYE
Let's be honest without Wonderlic Boy last year saxet does not score.

You honestly think that your 2 deep passed us in one year after 5 years of domination, pull your whorn out and get ready for another pasting.

RooseveltRoughRider
3/6/2006, 04:27 PM
Let's be honest AD is playing, BYE-BYE
Let's be honest without Wonderlic Boy last year saxet does not score.

You honestly think that your 2 deep passed us in one year after 5 years of domination, pull your whorn out and get ready for another pasting.

Unless you guys keep players for 6 or 7 years, moron

BASSooner
3/6/2006, 04:37 PM
We have Bob Stoops and you guys have Mack Brown. End of discussion.

caphorns
3/6/2006, 04:44 PM
I'll admit it, I clicked on this thread of my own free will. But I still want my money back.

If this thread had a cash back rebate, I still might not click back.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/6/2006, 04:55 PM
To end all discussion,

OUr weight Training Guru is Schmitty

Their's is Mad Dog...

'Nuf said...

Spanish Thunder
3/6/2006, 06:14 PM
Hmm who would I rather have has a strenght and conditioning coach, someone who could kill me in one swing(Schmitty) or someone who is probably 400lbs and is definetly over weight....hmmmm

I am definetly definetly glad we got Schmitty up here in norman

SoonerBorn68
3/6/2006, 07:56 PM
Fine....we'll see October 7th who's delusional. Talk to you after that. Hook 'Em!!

So does this means we won't be seeing you 'til then? :texan:

<crosses fingers>

Norhtwah
3/6/2006, 10:22 PM
Sure:

And you call this objective? WTF??? This analysis is so full of holes and delusion, it is laughable. I should expect no less from a dumb a$$ delusional Whorn..

This analysis is a joke!!!

Norhtwah
3/6/2006, 10:26 PM

Another dumb f**k Whorn has joined the discussion...

Talk about living in a fantasy world...

Retard....

Salt City Sooner
3/7/2006, 01:40 AM
Forget it guys, we're doomed, just like the last time UT won a title. Oh, wait.....

Bevo-Stevo
3/7/2006, 12:26 PM
Another dumb f**k Whorn has joined the discussion...

Talk about living in a fantasy world...

Retard....

This analysis is a joke!!!

Uh.....and your analysis is er, uh.....hmmmm. Looks like your analysis consists of trailer-park trash slinging insults and the inabilty to have any semblance of objectivty. As far as what I posted earlier, I will also give you this:

1) Peterson is the best RB in NCAA
2) Your defensive front 7 will be very good.
3) Your coaching is always solid.

All that said, UT is still going to whip the sooners by a pretty healthly margin this year. Have a good one. Hook 'Em!!

Desert Sapper
3/7/2006, 12:58 PM
Hook 'Em!!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Bevo-Stevo
3/7/2006, 01:08 PM
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Well....so much for "No Longhorn Tuesday." All too easy.

Desert Sapper
3/7/2006, 01:20 PM

It's not 'No Princess Bride Tuesday'. Genius.

C&CDean
3/7/2006, 03:43 PM

And so much for Bevo-Stevo Tuesday too. Hook this.

Norhtwah
3/7/2006, 11:04 PM
And so much for Bevo-Stevo Tuesday too. Hook this.

Rack that!!!

TJKDone
3/8/2006, 04:39 PM
Just more proof that Mack sold his soul for that NC.

A bit of an ironic statement given OU's probationary history don't you think:D

Hook'em

C&CDean
3/8/2006, 04:50 PM
A bit of an ironic statement given OU's probationary history don't you think:D

Hook'em

Selling your soul to satan is a lot different than buying a player a coat or a plane ticket so he could go bury his dead grandma, don't you think.

shavedmarmoset
3/8/2006, 04:53 PM
Texas loses their two best DBs, their best LB, their TE who was underrated last year, their best DT, and Wonderlic boy, who was a one-man team. And you say we have no chance to win?

Horse manure. Our highest graded O lineman comes back along with Jon Cooper at Center who was very impressive when he was forced to come in because of injury. We also have a QB who is a dual-threat and has bendy bones. Malcolm Kelly is a man among boys at WR. Rufus Alexander has All-America potential. And oh yeah, we have the best RB in the country.

MiccoMacey
3/8/2006, 04:58 PM
Texas loses their two best DBs, their best LB, their TE who was underrated last year, their best DT, and Wonderlic boy, who was a one-man team. And you say we have no chance to win?

And their top two OL, I believe.

BASSooner
3/8/2006, 05:38 PM
they do lose 2 linemen just not the BEST two :/ blalock is back and considered better by some.

Herr Scholz
3/8/2006, 06:13 PM
Both teams have some holes to fill. Should be a pretty evenly matched game if you ask me.

PDXsooner
3/8/2006, 06:42 PM
Both teams have some holes to fill. Should be a pretty evenly matched game if you ask me.

quit straddling the fence and grow some balls, herr. stop hedging your bet, too. you know the smackdown's coming and it'll be 6 out of 7.

The VIIIth
3/8/2006, 11:55 PM
Face it, it's a foregone conclusion that Mac "I'm Doomed to repeat" Brown will unmercifully release two true freshmen on a seasoned team and proceed to play both of them throughout the season.

Mac is also quoted as saying they are of similar styles, run first pass second...all that immediately comes to mind is you guys are burned toast.

Moreover, the fact that mac and his illustrious staph have neglected, to the point of being criminally liable, the quarterback position and the subsequent waste of an entire season that will ensue from their ineptitude...at least from y'alls point of view, I personally can't wait to see the Oklahoma texas game this year.

BASSooner
3/9/2006, 12:12 AM
I say the only problem we have against texas is NOT mack brown, nor the offense, but chizik and his defense.

shavedmarmoset
3/9/2006, 02:55 AM
I say the only problem we have against texas is NOT mack brown, nor the offense, but chizik and his defense.

Good point. He hasnt lost a game in two years.

MojoRisen
3/9/2006, 09:14 AM
AD takes that stuff personal, we will man up.. It will not be a boring game but I would not be surprised if it were 17-7 OU or 10 zip.

They will not be able to just move the ball on us- no way. As long as we are not throwing interceptions for touchdowns we will be fine- and ussually Texas fumbles the game away- not OU...

Mccoy and Jevon are going to get absolutely pasted.

planosooner
3/9/2006, 09:49 AM
AD takes that stuff personal, we will man up.. It will not be a boring game but I would not be surprised if it were 17-7 OU or 10 zip.

They will not be able to just move the ball on us- no way. As long as we are not throwing interceptions for touchdowns we will be fine- and ussually Texas fumbles the game away- not OU...

Mccoy and Jevon are going to get absolutely pasted.

I'm still not sold on our QB play against their D. Chizik will load up on the run and try to make Bomar beat us I'm thinking. "No way they move the ball on us???" They still have Charles....a very good back in my opinion when healthy, especially coming out of the backfield to catch passes on third downs. I don't think we are just going to shut them down totally like most on here. They still have some good weapons at WR and tailback. I just wonder how good their O-line will be as far as buying time for the young QBs to throw. Wish it was here already....this is the crappiest time of the year (except for the fishing)

MojoRisen
3/9/2006, 09:56 AM
We will also incorporate the short passing game - we have big recievers and quick ones as well- They won't just be able to key on AD... I promise you that- Texas on the other hand- will likely turn the ball over - so as long as we take advantage and jump on them- we could smoke em- other than that it is a toss up on who makes the big play... in a low scoring game.

Freshman quarterback against OU- spells doom.. They just don't know it yet.

planosooner
3/9/2006, 10:14 AM
We will also incorporate the short passing game - we have big recievers and quick ones as well- They won't just be able to key on AD... I promise you that- Texas on the other hand- will likely turn the ball over - so as long as we take advantage and jump on them- we could smoke em- other than that it is a toss up on who makes the big play... in a low scoring game.

Freshman quarterback against OU- spells doom.. They just don't know it yet.

So you don't think there is anything to worry about with Bomar against their defense? He isn't exactly a fifth year senior himself. I just hope he settles down and doesn't get too jacked up and turn the ball over early.

Herr Scholz
3/9/2006, 10:58 AM
Our green QBs vs. an always stout OU defense is definitely a major concern. However, I would submit that we have most of our skill guys back (a lot of offensive talent) and a still very talented and deep OL. I think we'll be able to move the ball at least some of the time simply by spreading it around (Charles, Taylor, Selvin Young, Pittman, Sweed, etc.).

I think OU's OL has a lot to prove with all the naysayers. Still, our D will still be very strong and fast, and we were able to get effective pressure on Bomar last time. I'm sure he'll be more confident and accurate this time around though. A healthy AD will make a huge difference in OU moving the ball as well (obviously). One thing that could really hamstring OU is if any of the OL gets injured due to lack of depth.

Like I said, both teams have holes to fill and I don't think it will be a pasting either way. You guys still have a long time to wait for this one. Let me tell you from experience, this offseason will stretch out like a blade. ;)

MojoRisen
3/9/2006, 12:18 PM
So you don't think there is anything to worry about with Bomar against their defense? He isn't exactly a fifth year senior himself. I just hope he settles down and doesn't get too jacked up and turn the ball over early.

I hope UT can get by tOSu before the RRS- that will make it a top 5 ball game again....

I don't see that in UT's cards though. tOSU 31 texas 10

Sorry WHORNS .....

See you in October- and no crying this year..

Octavian
3/9/2006, 01:07 PM
ehh...I'd rather have a solid OLine and an inexperienced QB than a sketchy OLine and a talented QB.

If we lose, it'll be because Chizik's schemes/DLine talent outmatched OU's poor OLine play and Bomar turned the ball over a couple times. If we can just come out even in the UT-DL vs. OU-OL matchup we should win.

Mentally, we'll know a lot about post-VY Texas when they meet up w/ tOSU. If they lose before the RRS (ala Stanford, Arkansas) will the team retreat into a pre-Vince, overly cautious, hope-we-win, state of mind? W/ no Vince, Mack and GD are back in charge....we'll see...

Herr Scholz
3/9/2006, 01:48 PM
Mentally, we'll know a lot about post-VY Texas when they meet up w/ tOSU. If they lose before the RRS (ala Stanford, Arkansas) will the team retreat into a pre-Vince, overly cautious, hope-we-win, state of mind? W/ no Vince, Mack and GD are back in charge....we'll see...
Valid question.

Herr Scholz
3/9/2006, 01:54 PM
I hope UT can get by tOSu before the RRS- that will make it a top 5 ball game again....

I don't see that in UT's cards though. tOSU 31 texas 10
They scored 22 at their place. I don't see them scoring 31 against us in Austin in Texas September heat. Keep in mind they lost their best WR, best 2 OL and TE AND all world kicker. Will they move the ball with Troy Smith? Sure but I don't see them topping their total from Columbus last year against a still very strong UT D. Also, even before these losses, don't let their performance vs. Notre Dame fool you. ND's D was bad.

How we move the ball agains them remains to be seen. They lost 9 starters off their D but we lost Superman.

I see this game as more of a defensive struggle. Maybe 20-17 either way.

CU Sooner
3/9/2006, 02:54 PM
They scored 22 at their place. I don't see them scoring 31 against us in Austin in Texas September heat. Keep in mind they lost their best WR, best 2 OL and TE AND all world kicker. Will they move the ball with Troy Smith? Sure but I don't see them topping their total from Columbus last year against a still very strong UT D. Also, even before these losses, don't let their performance vs. Notre Dame fool you. ND's D was bad.

How we move the ball agains them remains to be seen. They lost 9 starters off their D but we lost Superman.

He's not lost, he wears 31 on Sundays in Dallas.

shavedmarmoset
3/9/2006, 03:16 PM
They scored 22 at their place. I don't see them scoring 31 against us in Austin in Texas September heat. Keep in mind they lost their best WR, best 2 OL and TE AND all world kicker. Will they move the ball with Troy Smith? Sure but I don't see them topping their total from Columbus last year against a still very strong UT D.

Remember that Troy Smith did not play against you guys last year. Also remember that if it weren't for a dropped pass in the endzone that you guys would have most likely lost.

Herr Scholz
3/9/2006, 03:56 PM
Remember that Troy Smith did not play against you guys last year. Also remember that if it weren't for a dropped pass in the endzone that you guys would have most likely lost.
A) I was at that game and Troy Smith definitely played. He split time with Zwick. You might remember Smith getting sacked for a safety on the last play of the game. He rushed 13 times and threw 11 times (threw their only TD - that long one to Santonio Holmes). Zwick ran 5 times and threw 15.

B) Longhorn detractors always bring up their TE dropping that pass (one that Cedric Griffin separated from him BTW). How about our LB Drew Kelson dropping an INT that hit him right in the chest that would have been a sure TD for us in the 1st half? How about Henry Melton's TD that they called badly and failed to review at the end?

Breaks go both ways - same as in the Rose Bowl. The better team won in Columbus that day.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/9/2006, 04:29 PM
B)How about our LB Drew Kelson dropping an INT that hit him right in the chest that would have been a sure TD for us in the 1st half?

last year, i about fell on the floor when our DBs actually caught the pass that hit them in the chest.

OUthunder
3/9/2006, 05:17 PM
I wonder if he knows the difference between a kilo and a gram?

Herr Scholz
3/9/2006, 05:23 PM
I wonder if he knows the difference between a kilo and a gram?
Sure he does. And he knows how to jack people on 6th street. GIVE ME YO' MONEY!!

shavedmarmoset
3/9/2006, 06:24 PM
A) I was at that game and Troy Smith definitely played. He split time with Zwick. You might remember Smith getting sacked for a safety on the last play of the game. He rushed 13 times and threw 11 times (threw their only TD - that long one to Santonio Holmes). Zwick ran 5 times and threw 15.

B) Longhorn detractors always bring up their TE dropping that pass (one that Cedric Griffin separated from him BTW). How about our LB Drew Kelson dropping an INT that hit him right in the chest that would have been a sure TD for us in the 1st half? How about Henry Melton's TD that they called badly and failed to review at the end?

Breaks go both ways - same as in the Rose Bowl. The better team won in Columbus that day.

My point is that Smith did not have ful control of the offense, as he only played about half the time. And no, the TE was wide open in the endzone. Just a dropped pass which a DB had nothing to do with. Im not sure what drop you're thinking of. Maybe there were two in which case my point is still valid.

shavedmarmoset
3/9/2006, 06:26 PM
Either way, we still have tradition over you guys
see below...

Herr Scholz
3/9/2006, 06:37 PM
My point is that Smith did not have ful control of the offense, as he only played about half the time.
True. I think our D is fast enough to give them plenty of problems though. Ginn didn't score on us last time.

And no, the TE was wide open in the endzone. Just a dropped pass which a DB had nothing to do with. Im not sure what drop you're thinking of.
I'm thinking of the drop you're thinking of. He should have caught it at first, bobbled it and then got put on his back hard by Cedric Griffin.

My point was that they gave up 7 there, but we should have had 14 more. The dropped pass by their TE did not win us the game.

Maybe there were two in which case my point is still valid.
There weren't two. You focus only on the single bad break that went against them as if that was the only crucial play in the game and ignore the bad breaks we had.

Herr Scholz
3/9/2006, 06:39 PM
Either way, we still have tradition over you guys
see below...
You have more hardware for sure. I'm still proud of our program and tradition.

MojoRisen
3/9/2006, 06:39 PM

Your afully nice for as much smack as I have talked- Keep in mind they only scored 22- but droped a pass in the end zone- and as well 22 when Texas is moving the ball- 3 and outs man- is a totally diferent story.

I hope UT wins that one- so we can take you out!

Herr Scholz
3/9/2006, 06:43 PM
Your afully nice for as much smack as I have talked- Keep in mind they only scored 22- but droped a pass in the end zone- and as well 22 when Texas is moving the ball- 3 and outs man- is a totally diferent story.

I hope UT wins that one- so we can take you out!
I like Sooners. I would rather the rivalry be one of respect than hate. That's because I respect your program (unlike a&m).

I hope we win and I hope you guys beat Washington and Oregon. Nothing's better than Texas/OU with two undefeated teams in the top 5 (except for when we lose by 50 or something unspeakable like that.

TJKDone
3/9/2006, 06:48 PM
Selling your soul to satan is a lot different than buying a player a coat or a plane ticket so he could go bury his dead grandma, don't you think.

I am sure that such actions were the only cause of one of the most investigated & penalized programs in college football history;)

Hook'em

Octavian
3/9/2006, 11:34 PM
I am sure that such actions were the only cause of one of the most publicized because he pwned the most succesful resume in college football history since Knute Rockne :(

Too bad he won 3 while we had to watch and murmur Hook'em

fixed beyonce.

C&CDean
3/10/2006, 10:15 AM
I am sure that such actions were the only cause of one of the most investigated & penalized programs in college football history;)

Hook'em

Well that, and the fact that Barry broke several Texas laws every October when he bent DKR over at the 50, and sodomized him until DKR could taste it. And of course the beastiality thing when he ugga buggad Bevo to within an inch of his/it's pathetic existence. The NCAA doesn't take these actions lightly you know.

Herr Scholz
3/10/2006, 11:40 AM
So much for the respect thing. ;)

MojoRisen
3/10/2006, 02:29 PM
So much for the respect thing. ;)

Plenty of respect- further more- ATTICA ATTICA ALL OR NOTHING_ HOT SOUP MoFo

See you in October!

Herr Scholz
3/10/2006, 03:04 PM
See you in October!
Yes you will. Only two more times to ever see this game in the Cotton Bowl. I wouldn't miss it.

CincySooner
3/10/2006, 03:18 PM
I like Sooners. I would rather the rivalry be one of respect than hate. That's because I respect your program (unlike a&m).

I hope we win and I hope you guys beat Washington and Oregon. Nothing's better than Texas/OU with two undefeated teams in the top 5 (except for when we lose by 50 or something unspeakable like that.

closet sooner???

CincySooner
3/10/2006, 03:23 PM
Yes you will. Only two more times to ever see this game in the Cotton Bowl. I wouldn't miss it.

btw does anyone else think it would be a fun idea to make the final RRS in the Cotton Bowl a night game? You have all day at the fair to let the hate come to a boil, and you dont get fried at the game.

Herr Scholz
3/10/2006, 04:54 PM
btw does anyone else think it would be a fun idea to make the final RRS in the Cotton Bowl a night game? You have all day at the fair to let the hate come to a boil, and you dont get fried at the game.
And you get jacked walking back to your car (if it's still there).

Herr Scholz
3/10/2006, 04:56 PM
closet sooner???
I've been accused of that but no. I like how OU and Nebraska used to have a rivalry based on respect. Then you guys turned into f***ing hillbillies and it ended. ;)

MojoRisen
3/10/2006, 05:21 PM
I banged a Texas Broad at the Fair two years ago- Does that make me a closet WHORN?? Absolutely not....

Hillbilly- your woman sure like us!

Herr Scholz
3/10/2006, 05:33 PM
Congrats.

MojoRisen
3/10/2006, 05:36 PM
She was heard saying:

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAINS..."

Herr Scholz
3/10/2006, 05:42 PM
She was heard saying:

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAINS..."
Heh. So you showed her your "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKLAHOMA" face?

By the by, just where at the fair did this event occur out of curiosity?

MojoRisen
3/10/2006, 05:57 PM
Well- here is the Skinny- she was down from some st school or something and had run out of money- So I bought her a bunch of coupons and we drank quite a bit of beer- and proceeded back to the back of the big museum area- there was a big dumpster- next to the wall- and was a pretty good hide out- she proceeded with Pholasio- I then almost was late for the game she was begging me to skip it and I said NO F'n way- I ended up at the gate with about 3 K Texas fans- they were all stairin at me ready to throw down and I siad "Hey how about those Texas woman" with a smile and everyone laughed and allowed me access to the Cotton bowl just in time for Kick off.

The end.

Harry Beanbag
3/10/2006, 06:47 PM
...Pholasio...

WTF is that? :confused:

MojoRisen
3/10/2006, 07:34 PM
SO I can't spell- I am a Math guy with a spell check- that would be a BJ- w/o the reach around- that go with normal Texas behavior.

Scott D
3/10/2006, 07:36 PM
WTF is that? :confused:

the new hip young version of fellatio I guess. :confused:

Octavian
3/11/2006, 02:59 AM

anyone looking forward to the last RRS in Dallas is a fool