PDA

View Full Version : 6,665 mg of Sodium

Howzit
3/4/2006, 12:25 PM
is how much I ingested this morning before my run. And 1,667 mg of Potassium. By mistake.

Saturdays are long run days, and on longer runs I take amino acid supplements (5 before the run and 4 or 5 during) and one electrolyte supplement. Problem is, the bottles are generic white plastic containers that look identical. And the capsules themselves look almost identical, unless compared side by side.

So this morning, as I am heading out the door at 0700, I grab the bottle of aminos and swallow 5 capsules (you can prolly see where this is heading). Then I grab the electrolyte container, only it ain't the electrolyte container, it's the amino acid container, and I realize I just swallowed 5 of the wrong capsules.

So I go downstairs and do the finger down the throat deal (how the hell to people with eating disorders make a habit of this?) and try to hurl those bad boyz up, but they aren't going anywhere. So I figure "oh well, maybe they'll come up during the run." But instead of coming back up I perspired mega salt granules. I am not kidding, my eyelashes were even caked with salt.

So, is there something dietary that can help process all this sodium more quickly?

ChickSoonerFan
3/4/2006, 12:32 PM
Limes. Lots and lots of limes. They make everything better. ;)

fadada1
3/4/2006, 12:32 PM
can you hyperhydrate? maybe dilute the salt a touch. you're kidneys may be working overtime for a few hours.

yermom
3/4/2006, 12:33 PM
ugh

i'd drink a lot of water

aren't you like hella thirsty?

i'd think that the caked salt is a good sign though, at least it's coming out

Howzit
3/4/2006, 12:34 PM
I drank almost 40 oz of water during the run. Normally I would have drank Gatorade, but I didn't think I need anymore sodium...:D

Probably should keep drinking straight water throughout the day.

yermom
3/4/2006, 12:35 PM

add some Tequila and we are talking :D

fadada1
what color is yer poop?? ifn she's white, ya had to much of that thar seasonin'.

Howzit
I'm thinking I shouldn't even look at my blood pressure for a few days...:D

ChickSoonerFan
3/4/2006, 12:36 PM
Water sounds like the best option...well....second best.

OK..I am done.

Howzit
3/4/2006, 12:36 PM
what color is yer poop?? ifn she's white, ya had to much of that thar seasonin'.
I'll post a pic.

PrideTrombone
3/4/2006, 12:53 PM
Thats not a big deal. It's basically like you ate a plate of Hamburger Helper. :)

dolemitesooner
3/4/2006, 12:54 PM
1.I think you should drink enough tequila to vomit

2. My grandfather used to make me take salt tablets when we bailed hail and then drink lots of water .....Why I have no ****ing idea ...But keep running forest and drink the **** out of the high quality h2O.

RacerX
3/4/2006, 01:11 PM
is how much I ingested this morning before my run. And 1,667 mg of Potassium. By mistake.

Saturdays are long run days, and on longer runs I take amino acid supplements (5 before the run and 4 or 5 during) and one electrolyte supplement. Problem is, the bottles are generic white plastic containers that look identical. And the capsules themselves look almost identical, unless compared side by side.

So this morning, as I am heading out the door at 0700, I grab the bottle of aminos and swallow 5 capsules (you can prolly see where this is heading). Then I grab the electrolyte container, only it ain't the electrolyte container, it's the amino acid container, and I realize I just swallowed 5 of the wrong capsules.

So I go downstairs and do the finger down the throat deal (how the hell to people with eating disorders make a habit of this?) and try to hurl those bad boyz up, but they aren't going anywhere. So I figure "oh well, maybe they'll come up during the run." But instead of coming back up I perspired mega salt granules. I am not kidding, my eyelashes were even caked with salt.

So, is there something dietary that can help process all this sodium more quickly?

Bill Nye the science jogger.

TopDaugIn2000
3/4/2006, 01:14 PM
I agree. lots and lots of water.

sooner_born_1960
3/4/2006, 01:30 PM
I don't think extreme measures are called for. Just go about your normal day. You'll get rid of the extra salt.

TopDaugIn2000
3/4/2006, 01:31 PM
yeah, probably not much different than if you had eaten chinese food.

yermom
3/4/2006, 01:51 PM
it's like 3/4 of this bag of pretzels in front of me :eek:

about 10 servings

Mjcpr
3/4/2006, 08:21 PM
Are you dead yet?

bigdsooner
3/4/2006, 08:56 PM
where the hell is the pic you said you'd post :mad: ;)

Howzit
3/4/2006, 11:11 PM
Nothing out of the ordinary.

http://cs.georgefox.edu/%7Enbodenst/roadtrip/gallery/allpics/poop.jpg

49r
3/5/2006, 12:32 AM
You might try floggin' the dolphin a few times, that should help get some of that excess salt out...

bigdsooner
3/5/2006, 12:34 AM
Nothing out of the ordinary.

http://cs.georgefox.edu/%7Enbodenst/roadtrip/gallery/allpics/poop.jpg

that looks like $h!t

RacerX
3/5/2006, 12:38 AM
I want to know how many pics of piles Howzit looked at to find that one.

No I don't.

Flagstaffsooner
3/5/2006, 12:43 AM
Everyone has missed the obvious. A 30 pack of Bud Light will take care of that.

1stTimeCaller
3/5/2006, 05:18 AM
Has anyone told you to quit being a fag?

If not, quit being a fag.

That's all.

Howzit
3/5/2006, 08:32 AM
Did you find your baseball?

BeetDigger
3/5/2006, 07:23 PM

I always heard it was strawberrys.