PDA

View Full Version : I am suddenly allergic to EVERYTHING

proud gonzo
3/4/2006, 01:10 AM
So i've been telling you all about my ongoing allergy saga... well, i'm doing slightly better, though i've missed almost all of my classes since wednesday.

I'm taking the steroids they prescribed, and they're helping somewhat. But since my allergies are already going crazy, pretty much everything sets them off.

I usually have very few major allergies. dogs, cats, white tailed deer. and strawberries (in the order of weakest to strongest, i think) all make me break out in hives all over. strawberries are pretty much my only food allergy.

But in the past day or two it's way worse.

drank hot chocolate: throat and mouth started to itch.
ate pumpkin pie: throat and mouth started to itch.
ate bagel with creamcheese: throat and mouth started to itch.
ate raspberries: throat and mouth started to itch.
ate a lemon drop: throat and mouth started to itch.
drank a cherry limeade: throat and mouth started to itch.

OklahomaTrombone
3/4/2006, 01:12 AM
What about everclear?

have you tried it yet?

SoonerBorn68
3/4/2006, 01:13 AM
Go get some honey from Wal-Mart...The one on the west side has honey that's from Norman. I didn't believe it, but it really helped me.

Mjcpr
3/4/2006, 01:14 AM
How on earth did you ever figure out you were highly allergic to white-tailed deer?

Jimminy Crimson
3/4/2006, 01:24 AM
b/c you have a hatchet wound? ;)

proud gonzo
3/4/2006, 01:26 AM
What about everclear?

have you tried it yet?
no, I haven't. but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't mix alcohol with all the medication i'm taking right now :eek:

Go get some honey from Wal-Mart...The one on the west side has honey that's from Norman. I didn't believe it, but it really helped me.
hmm.... I have been putting honey in my tea. helps my throat a lot. thanks for the tip

How on earth did you ever figure out you were highly allergic to white-tailed deer?

my grandpa lived on a farm in southern oklahoma and some f*cktard had been out poaching deer :mad: and my cousin found an half-starved, orphaned, baby deer (maybe only a few days old) along the road to my grandpa's house.

long story short, Grandpa built a pen for the deer (Rudy) and raised him until he was too big to keep. I'd end up all itchy after feeding him, though, and when he licked my hand I broke out in hives.

SoonerBorn68
3/4/2006, 01:32 AM
hmm.... I have been putting honey in my tea. helps my throat a lot. thanks for the tip.

Yeah, but it is local honey? Local bees help with the local allergies.

proud gonzo
3/4/2006, 01:33 AM
Yeah, but it is local honey? Local bees help with the local allergies.
hmm, i hadn't thought of that... I might try it. (of course if it doesn't help, it might just make it worse :D )

Scott D
3/4/2006, 01:39 AM
This is why Baldric was never very helpful ;)

SoonerBorn68
3/4/2006, 01:39 AM
No, really. It will. My wife's kinda one of those natural cure folks & she swore by it...Of course I swore at her, but I tried it & now I have about 4 tablespoons of honey per week & I haven't had any allergies in about 2 years.

olevetonahill
3/4/2006, 01:46 AM
So i've been telling you all about my ongoing allergy saga... well, i'm doing slightly better, though i've missed almost all of my classes since wednesday.

I'm taking the steroids they prescribed, and they're helping somewhat. But since my allergies are already going crazy, pretty much everything sets them off.

I usually have very few major allergies. dogs, cats, white tailed deer. and strawberries (in the order of weakest to strongest, i think) all make me break out in hives all over. strawberries are pretty much my only food allergy.

But in the past day or two it's way worse.

drank hot chocolate: throat and mouth started to itch.
ate pumpkin pie: throat and mouth started to itch.
ate bagel with creamcheese: throat and mouth started to itch.
ate raspberries: throat and mouth started to itch.
ate a lemon drop: throat and mouth started to itch.
drank a cherry limeade: throat and mouth started to itch.

I have no words of wisdom
How bout I just pray for ya ?;)

Penguin
3/4/2006, 02:08 AM
Have you been under a lot of stress lately?

BajaOklahoma
3/4/2006, 09:23 AM
Welcome to my world! It is not a good place.
Try the nose rinse - I've done it with some Ocean and it will help.

slickdawg
3/4/2006, 09:35 AM
If you are still suffering Monday, go back to the doc and tell him you want
a celestone shot. That usually gets the allergies back under control for me.

Mjcpr
3/4/2006, 10:27 AM

No, she's a student.

;)

fadada1
3/4/2006, 10:34 AM
i recently had a reaction to "dayquil" - it was suggested that i might be allergic to the dye in it. that might be a possibility or some of the things you've experienced. my lips and gums got numb and itchy. might be something to consider.

Penguin
3/4/2006, 11:18 AM
When my wife gets stressed out, she becomes hyper-allergic to everything.

Just don't take a long, hot bath to wash all your troubles away. Hives + hot bath water = 24 hours of misery

dolemitesooner
3/4/2006, 01:00 PM
AAGGHHHH ARMS AROUND ME
yOUR DINNER LADY ARMS
ARRGGHH PUT YOUR ARMS AROUND ME
yOURDINNER LADY ARMS

bigdsooner
3/4/2006, 01:08 PM
ive already went thru a 1/2 roll of tp blowin my nose so far today. i gotta git a steroid shot or im gonna die soon

TopDaugIn2000
3/4/2006, 01:09 PM
my allergies seem fine, but the smoker's cough has only gotten worse. sounds almost asthmatic now. :eek:

sooner_born_1960
3/4/2006, 01:25 PM
This thread ain't about you, pro. ;)

TopDaugIn2000
3/4/2006, 01:27 PM
This thread ain't about you, pro. ;)

FINE! :mad: :D :mad:

Oldnslo
3/4/2006, 04:03 PM
thanks for the tip

Hey, baby, if you need help scratching your throat, you can thank me for the tip, too!

<crickets chirping>

proud gonzo
3/4/2006, 04:24 PM
No, really. It will. My wife's kinda one of those natural cure folks & she swore by it...Of course I swore at her, but I tried it & now I have about 4 tablespoons of honey per week & I haven't had any allergies in about 2 years.
I'll have GHP get some when he runs to Walmart later

always.

;)
It's sudden hypochondria god gave ya for posting those anti-god cartoons

Sorry, I offer no help but wiseass comment. I hope it gets better.
yeah, but hypochondria is when there ISN'T anything wrong with you. And I've never been accused of being okay. :D

Welcome to my world! It is not a good place.
Try the nose rinse - I've done it with some Ocean and it will help.
yeah, but the problem really isn't in my nose anymore. if the sinuses were the only problem i'd be fine.

If you are still suffering Monday, go back to the doc and tell him you want
a celestone shot. That usually gets the allergies back under control for me.yeah. they said to go back if it wasn't better in 3-4 days... I'm going to see if my parents can get a hold of our doctor in Wichita and see what he thinks, though.

i recently had a reaction to "dayquil" - it was suggested that i might be allergic to the dye in it. that might be a possibility or some of the things you've experienced. my lips and gums got numb and itchy. might be something to consider. I can't think of anything i've had recently with dye in it though...
When my wife gets stressed out, she becomes hyper-allergic to everything.

Just don't take a long, hot bath to wash all your troubles away. Hives + hot bath water = 24 hours of misery
yep, i know how that works. i've been taking hot showers to help with congestion, but thanksfully the itching isn't too bad anymore. mostly it's the tickly throat/ears/eyes and not hives.
my allergies seem fine, but the smoker's cough has only gotten worse. sounds almost asthmatic now. :eek:
wanna have a coughing contest? It'll be awesome! I feel like I'm coughing up a lung.

TopDaugIn2000
3/4/2006, 04:41 PM
wanna have a coughing contest? It'll be awesome! I feel like I'm coughing up a lung.

cool!!

my chest is all crackly when I exhale deeply. :(

afs
3/4/2006, 04:42 PM
maybe it's anthrax or bird flu.

ChickSoonerFan
3/4/2006, 04:42 PM
Maybe it's the sugar in everything you mentioned.

Which means the honey could be dangerous! :eek:

afs
3/4/2006, 04:52 PM
Maybe it's the fact that we had a mild winter and everything is blooming early this year and it's pure luck that when the pollen effects you just happends to be when you open your mouth to consume beverages.

try holding your breath and see if that helps.

afs
3/4/2006, 04:53 PM
maybe it's the sewage treatment / compost facility you live next to.

proud gonzo
3/4/2006, 05:29 PM
Maybe it's the sugar in everything you mentioned.

Which means the honey could be dangerous! :eek:
I don't think so--I had honey this morning and it didn't bother me. tea didn't bother me either this morning. I'm gonna test it though---lemme go eat a big spoonful of sugar. I'll be back and let you know how it goes.

dolemitesooner
3/4/2006, 05:35 PM
SOmegirl has a cough

proud gonzo
3/4/2006, 05:35 PM
hmm... interesting. the sugar might have increased the itching slightly. But since those other things that bothered me had considerably less sugar content than eating a couple sugar cubes (which is what I just did) I don't know that it explains the rest.

also, lip balm now makes my lips itch. any kind of lip balm. I've tried all I have.

dolemitesooner
3/4/2006, 05:36 PM
lemon+green tea = Healing

proud gonzo
3/4/2006, 05:38 PM
lemon+green tea = Healing
ok. I'll give it a try. I'll return to report on it in a while...

dolemitesooner
3/4/2006, 05:39 PM
ok. I'll give it a try. I'll return to report on it in a while...
You will marry me when you get back ....ohh and make it hot

proud gonzo
3/4/2006, 05:59 PM
You will marry me when you get back ....ohh and make it hot
the tea is good. and no, I will NOT marry you, beyonce.

dolemitesooner
3/4/2006, 06:01 PM
the tea is good. and no, I will NOT marry you, beyonce.oHH WHAT WILL i DO:(

yermom
3/4/2006, 06:13 PM
hmm, i hadn't thought of that... I might try it. (of course if it doesn't help, it might just make it worse :D )

*ahem*

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1225534&postcount=9

;)

proud gonzo
3/4/2006, 07:02 PM
maybe you thought of it, but I hadn't. :D (didn't notice your post, SORRY :O )

yermom
3/4/2006, 08:07 PM
yeah, well now i won't marry you either, beyonce

proud gonzo
3/4/2006, 10:31 PM
Good. I'm not gonna stand on an altar next to somebody with longer hair than me anyway.