PDA

View Full Version : If'n any y'all Arkie bruthas are gonna over by Pea Ridge

Okla-homey
3/3/2006, 06:26 PM
About 30 miles north of Fayetteville, I will be there tomorrow putting on a living history demonstration at the NMP with my oSwho history prof bud.

y'all come out and see us. We'll be the d00ds in blue.;)

SicEmBaylor
3/3/2006, 06:35 PM
We'll be the d00ds in blue.;)

Oh how you disappoint me so....

Is this strictly a Union living history event or will this be a Pea Ridge re-enactment? If the latter, do you know if the TMR and Pelican Rifles are showing up on the Good guys err Southern side?

Okla-homey
3/3/2006, 06:43 PM
Oh how you disappoint me so....

Is this strictly a Union living history event or will this be a Pea Ridge re-enactment? If the latter, do you know if the TMR and Pelican Rifles are showing up on the Good guys err Southern side?

no "reenactments" allowed on national park land by NPS regulation -- thankfully. IMHO, sham "battles" shouldn't occur on hallowed ground.

But to answer your question, no traitorous reb scum will be present, just loyal sons of Father Abraham and our glorious republic .;)

BeetDigger
3/3/2006, 06:59 PM
Eddie Sutton thinks that Pea Ridge is located on the wall of the middle school.

Flagstaffsooner
3/3/2006, 07:02 PM
We'll be the d00ds in blue.;)Gawd-damned yankee!;)

Jeff Davis is our President
abe lincoln is a fool
Jeff Davis rides a Noble Steed
abe linclon rides a mule

SicEmBaylor
3/3/2006, 07:04 PM
no "reenactments" allowed on national park land by NPS regulation -- thankfully. IMHO, sham "battles" shouldn't occur on hallowed ground.

I know but you said "by Pea Ridge" not "at Pea Ridge" so I had to wonder. :-)

And it will be one cold *** day in hell before I accept Lincoln.

BoydOU1
3/3/2006, 07:19 PM
oSwho history prof

We'll be the d00ds in blue and orange.;)
Yankees and aggies. Good mix.:rolleyes:

CONFEDERATE SOONERS OF AMERICA

Okla-homey
3/3/2006, 07:21 PM
I know but you said "by Pea Ridge" not "at Pea Ridge" so I had to wonder. :-)

And it will be one cold *** day in hell before I accept Lincoln.

If he'd lived, I believe "Reconstruction" would have gone lot easier on the South. They impeached Johnson because he, like Lincoln, believed in letting the South up easy, but Johnson didn't have the sand Lincoln had and Johnson, being from Tennessee and all, didn't have Abe's cred.

After Lincoln died and the national mourning period ended, the radical Republicans and Carpetbaggers rejoiced because with Lincoln gone, they knew they could squeeze the South over the next twenty years for every dime they could shake out of her.

Look, I'm a Son of the South (after all Ardmore was the site of the Oklahoma Confederate Veterans Home) with a long Confederate pedigree on mama's side, but on pop's side, I've got fellers who wore blue.

I believe the "woah" turned out for the best for the whole wide world. Would the US have been such aforce for good in WWI and WWII and the Cold War (1950-1995) if she were spilt in half? I think not.

Just saying.

Pea Ridge NMP linky:
http://www.nps.gov/peri/

Flagstaffsooner
3/3/2006, 07:27 PM
Would the US have been such aforce for good in WWI and WWII and the Cold War (1950-1995) if she were spilt in half? I think not.
We would not have meddled into the European (WWI) war and WWII and the Cold War would have never happened. Thank you yankee wilson (He kept us out of war.).

Okla-homey
3/3/2006, 07:36 PM
Gawd-damned yankee!;)

Jeff Davis is our President
abe lincoln is a fool
Jeff Davis rides a Noble Steed
abe linclon rides a mule

Yes we'll rally 'round the flag boys,
Rally once again,
Shouting the Battle Cry of Freedom!

Okla-homey
3/3/2006, 07:37 PM
We would not have meddled into the European (WWI) war and WWII and the Cold War would have never happened. Thank you yankee wilson (He kept us out of war.).

Wilson grew up in Columbia SC and is considered a Southerner.
Just saying.

BoogercountySooner
3/3/2006, 07:40 PM
Come over by Huntsville when you get done Homey and see us!

Flagstaffsooner
3/3/2006, 07:46 PM
Wilson grew up in Columbia SC and is considered a Southerner.
Just saying.President of Princeton+Governor of New Jersey=damn yankee;)

Okla-homey
3/3/2006, 07:56 PM
President of Princeton+Governor of New Jersey=damn yankee;)

Well here's something that will do your little reb heart proud.

College of Charleston Tri-Delts shot by camera phone in Charleston SC last summer at one of them hee-storic photo turista-trap places. Who says cameras in phones don't come in handy.:eek:
The girl at right is telling my 14 y/o nephew to move along.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4029/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz3648.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Flagstaffsooner
3/3/2006, 08:01 PM
Well here's something that will do your little reb heart proud.

College of Charleston Tri-Delts shot by camera phone in Charleston SC last summer at one of them hee-storic photo turista-trap places. Who says cameras in phones don't come in handy.:eek:
The girl at right is telling my 14 y/o nephew to move along.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4029/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz3648.jpg (http://imageshack.us)I'll Rally around that flag boy!

SicEmBaylor
3/3/2006, 08:03 PM
I'll Rally around that flag boy!

I know my flag pole is ready.

Okla-homey
3/3/2006, 08:07 PM
Come over by Huntsville when you get done Homey and see us!

I would but you might put me to work on your casa.;)

Come on over and see us, we'll be there most of the day after 10am at Elkhorn Tavern.

BoogercountySooner
3/3/2006, 08:15 PM
I would but you might put me to work on your casa.;)

Come on over and see us, we'll be there most of the day after 10am at Elkhorn Tavern.
Nah I wouldn't work ya any!:)

OU-HSV
3/3/2006, 08:22 PM
Geeze..wish I could Homey..but that's a long drive for me. I'll just stay here at my home in Garland County.

SoonerBorn68
3/3/2006, 09:39 PM
we'll be there most of the day after 10am at Elkhorn Tavern.

That's more like it...since that what you Yankah scum call it. ;)

SoonerBorn68
3/3/2006, 09:39 PM
I'd go in a beatbeat if I wasn't planted firmly in Hell at the moment.

Fish
3/3/2006, 10:03 PM
homey -So I guess you didn't need those tickets?

Okla-homey
3/4/2006, 06:09 AM
homey -So I guess you didn't need those tickets?

wuh?

swardboy
3/4/2006, 08:42 AM
Ah, if Lincoln hadn't been assassinated...he had incredible political capital to spend after the war victory. I do think reconstruction would have gone better for the south. I never will cease to be amazed by the man. His capacity for forgiveness, mixed with his willingness to share the credit (his cabinet was people by political adversaries HE APPOINTED) make me sad when contemplating the current political landscape...

SoonerProphet
3/4/2006, 09:27 AM
Say a few kind words to honor Stand Watie and the Cherokee Mounted Rifles.

SicEmBaylor
3/4/2006, 02:58 PM
Say a few kind words to honor Stand Watie and the Cherokee Mounted Rifles.

'Spek. The last to surrender!