PDA

View Full Version : Burning American Flag

SoonerObsession
3/3/2006, 03:10 PM
It seems that at least once a week you see someone on tv burning the American flag. It's sickening! Do these people go out and buy the flag to burn it? Some of these guys look like they should be buying food for their families, not flags to burn. I think every radical Muslim must have a "Hate Kit". The kit includes a bomb, straps, American flag to burn. Evidently it sells on every corner in the Middle East.

picasso
3/3/2006, 03:12 PM
it's all they can do really. you ever see one of ours burning the flag of Boombazza?

SoonerProphet
3/3/2006, 03:14 PM
I've often wondered where they get flags too. Especially the case with the Danes, who has a Danish flag in the closet.

Gandalf_The_Grey
Has anyone ever seen that video where they are dousing the flag with gas and the gets gas on himself and buddies just throw the match and boom, Allah gets another noble one in the sky!

OUstudent4life
where the (Danish, at least) flags come from (http://www.slate.com/id/2135827/)

this was a topic on Slate a while back.

Pieces Hit
3/3/2006, 03:15 PM
If only they would make turbans out of our flag we could all be happy.
They could burn our flag and their heads would be on fire.
Sounds like a fair trade.
:)

OUstudent4life
3/3/2006, 03:23 PM
It seems that at least once a week you see someone driving with an upside down horn on their car. It's sickening! Do these people go out and buy right side up sticker to put on their car? Some of these guys look like they should be buying food for their families, not horn stickers. I think every OU fan must have a "Hate Kit". The kit includes a horn sticker, a guide on how to "horns down", but no OU stickers. Evidently it sells on every corner in Norman.

Sorry :D. In incredibly poor taste, and you can't really compare the two, but I couldn't help myself :O.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/3/2006, 04:06 PM
What amazes me is that theyfind American flags in these countries to burn. I'm excluding the obvious home made jobs. CNN had a photo of a huge American flag being burned in Pakistan. I mean, could you find a Pakistan flag here in the U.S. on short notice to burn if you wanted?

TUSooner
3/3/2006, 04:13 PM
One problem: Americans (like me :O ) don't even know or care what the flags of those 2-bit countries look like.

We just slam those countries on innerweb message boards; that really shows 'em!

KABOOKIE
3/3/2006, 04:42 PM
I always thought genuine American flags should be made of the most combustible materials known to man.

Jimminy Crimson
3/3/2006, 04:54 PM
Its just like Sooners putting a whorn sticker on their cars or whatever.

The USA gets royalties when Osama's boys buy our flags to burn! :texan:

Not really, but that'd be cool

OUstudent4life
3/3/2006, 04:57 PM
Its just like Sooners putting a whorn sticker on their cars or whatever.

The USA gets royalties when Osama's boys buy our flags to burn! :texan:

Not really, but that'd be cool

That's what I'm SAYIN!

proud gonzo
3/3/2006, 05:03 PM
"The American President" is a really good movie.

America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You've got to want it bad, because it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say, "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil who is standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the 'land of the free'? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then you can stand up and sing about the 'land of the free.'

SoonerObsession
3/3/2006, 06:39 PM
First off, I've never bought a horn sticker to turn upside down. Second off, the person that neg speked me said I was "religious stereotyping" them. I said "radical Muslims". I did not say all Muslims.

By the way, all people that neg spek and don't leave sigs are sissys. Now that is stereotyping!

soonerscuba
3/3/2006, 07:29 PM
Did anybody see Bill Maher's intro last week featuring him as the owner of the International House of Flags? He had an "infidel flag" which was the American flag on one side and the Israeli on the other, hilarious.

Okla-homey
3/3/2006, 08:09 PM
First off, I've never bought a horn sticker to turn upside down. Second off, the person that neg speked me said I was "religious stereotyping" them. I said "radical Muslims". I did not say all Muslims.

By the way, all people that neg spek and don't leave sigs are sissys. Now that is stereotyping!

I quite agree, guys who neg w/o signing prolly sit on the toilet to pee too.

Palermo10
3/4/2006, 07:35 AM
Last flag burning I saw was the Danish flag - and it was so obvious somebody had painted some red on a roll of paper just so they could burn it.

You know, if you wanted to set up shop in some of these countries selling flags you could make a killing.

That said, on a serious note, my brother sells US flags if anybody needs some super poly 3'x5's... most useful for hanging at this summer's World Cup but I take it nobody here is going..

Okla-homey
3/4/2006, 07:52 AM
Last flag burning I saw was the Danish flag - and it was so obvious somebody had painted some red on a roll of paper just so they could burn it.

You know, if you wanted to set up shop in some of these countries selling flags you could make a killing.

That said, on a serious note, my brother sells US flags if anybody needs some super poly 3'x5's... most useful for hanging at this summer's World Cup but I take it nobody here is going..

Soccer is reserved for lesser countries which don't have football.;)

BoomerJack
3/4/2006, 09:02 AM
I've often wondered where they get flags too. Especially the case with the Danes, who has a Danish flag in the closet.

They probably get them from the same places Americans get theirs. From cheap manufacturers in southeast asia.

Palermo10
3/6/2006, 06:08 AM
Soccer is reserved for lesser countries which don't have football.;)

NFL Europe, duh.

No but really... most soccer fans I know appreciate other sports (especially football). I don't get the same impression from football-first fans.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/6/2006, 10:44 AM
That said, on a serious note, my brother sells US flags if anybody needs some super poly 3'x5's... most useful for hanging at this summer's World Cup but I take it nobody here is going..World Cup sounds like some sort of (ugh) soccer match.WTF!

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/6/2006, 11:30 AM
I just hope Viktor Krum catches the snitch, although they will have a tough time with Ireland's incredible chasers.