PDA

View Full Version : My neighbor shot a raccoon in the front yard this morning...

ousoonerfan
3/3/2006, 11:21 AM
...then he just left it there and he went to work!!

We live inside city limits. Isn't there some sort of law against that?

picasso
3/3/2006, 11:25 AM
not Spike!

SoonerBK
3/3/2006, 11:25 AM
I shot a raccoon in my pajamas once. How he got in my pajamas I'll never know.

Don't look at me like that.

Harry Beanbag
3/3/2006, 11:26 AM
****ing hillbillies.

3/3/2006, 11:30 AM
Sounds like you've got a new hat and dinner for tonight.

ousoonerfan
3/3/2006, 11:32 AM
****ing hillbillies.

You got that right. This guy has a travel trailer, a hot tub and a giant dog pen for one dog in the back yard. In the space between his house and his other neighbor is his boat, smoker in a trailer, trash cans and other miscellaneous stuff. The front yard is cluttered with various toys, bikes and basketballs. It drives me bananas!

Pieces Hit
3/3/2006, 11:33 AM
You know, there's gotta be a SUC fan reading this thinking we're all real and true hillbillies...

BeetDigger
3/3/2006, 11:35 AM
What part of the raccoon is the front yard? I've heard of shooting them in the head or in the body before, but this is a first for the front yard.

JohnnyMack
3/3/2006, 11:35 AM
You know, there's gotta be a SUC fan reading this thinking we're all real and true hillbillies...

We're not?

Pieces Hit
3/3/2006, 11:37 AM
I mean if yer gonna shoot it - at least put it in the trash.

Oldnslo
I took it to Alabama, where the tuskaloosa.

You can't fool me, there is no sanity clause.

ousoonerfan
What part of the raccoon is the front yard? I've heard of shooting them in the head or in the body before, but this is a first for the front yard.

Comedians! :rolleyes:

BeetDigger
3/3/2006, 11:50 AM
Comedians! :rolleyes:

Careful, you're new around here. One quick neg can take you down to splendid aura status. :D

ousoonerfan
3/3/2006, 11:55 AM
Not trying to offend, just having fun.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/3/2006, 11:57 AM
...then he just left it there and he went to work!!

We live inside city limits. Isn't there some sort of law against that?It's likely your city doesn't prohibit people living within their boundaries to go to work, even if done shortly after shooting a maverick racoon.:eddie:

NormanPride
3/3/2006, 12:00 PM
I mean if yer gonna shoot it - at least put it in the ice box.

Fixed, f'in hillbilly.

ousoonerfan
3/3/2006, 12:01 PM
It's likely your city doesn't prohibit people living within their boundaries to go to work, even if done shortly after shooting a maverick racoon.:eddie:

The shooting doesn't bother me, I'd have prolly done it myself had I found the varmit first. but to leave it (not too far from my driveway) for my kids to see as we're leaving for school/work was somewhat insensitive.

soonerbrat
3/3/2006, 12:02 PM
that's sad :(

TheHumanAlphabet
3/3/2006, 12:05 PM
Gee, I dunno, in most cities, discharging a fire arm within city limits is usually illegal. Shooting lunch, however, may not be...Guess that guy wanted it to get good and "aged" prior to skinning and field dressing it...:rolleyes:

soonerbrat
3/3/2006, 12:08 PM
that's disgusting.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/3/2006, 12:10 PM
well, we're f'ing hillbillies and we eat all things from the woods...;)

3/3/2006, 12:11 PM
The shooting doesn't bother me, I'd have prolly done it myself had I found the varmit first. but to leave it (not too far from my driveway) for my kids to see as we're leaving for school/work was somewhat insensitive.In this modern era of sensitivity awareness, you might be fortunate enough to live in a city where the offender has to attend some legally mandated classes, or be forced to join the NOW, or PETA, or some such horse *hit.

Beef
3/3/2006, 12:11 PM
Is his hillbilly dog too incompetent to kill the raccoon?? My avatar has taken out 7 squirrells. I'm sure he could handle a raccoon if one came across my yard.

ousoonerfan
3/3/2006, 12:14 PM
Is his hillbilly dog too incompetent to kill the raccoon?? My avatar has taken out 7 squirrells. I'm sure he could handle a raccoon if one came across my yard.

Actually, his hillbilly dog is pretty old. (and slow)!

NormanPride
3/3/2006, 12:14 PM

That thing looks like it could give Chuck Norris a run for his money.

Beef
3/3/2006, 12:19 PM
That thing looks like it could give Chuck Norris a run for his money.
All 15 pounds of him could take Chuck with 3 legs tied behind his back.

JohnnyMack
3/3/2006, 12:21 PM
ww:dean:d?

3/3/2006, 01:08 PM
The shooting doesn't bother me, I'd have prolly done it myself had I found the varmit first. but to leave it (not too far from my driveway) for my kids to see as we're leaving for school/work was somewhat insensitive.So, what did you tell your kids about the experience?:confused:

yermom
3/3/2006, 01:10 PM

dude, raccoons are mean

Jimminy Crimson
3/3/2006, 01:11 PM
armadillos make funny noises when you off them :texan:

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/3/2006, 01:14 PM
Catfish make funny noises when you catch them.

gh55
3/3/2006, 01:17 PM
Do him a favor and put it on his smoker for him.

ousoonerfan
3/3/2006, 01:38 PM
So, what did you tell your kids about the experience?:confused:

My son is five and I told him that raccoons cause lots of trouble and it's okay to kill them, but to get rid of it after you kill it. Then he starts his 100 questions about anything he can think of to ask about raccoons and so on....

My daughter is 19 months old. She just looked at it and said this weeks new word: "Puppy".

proud gonzo
3/3/2006, 01:38 PM
:mad: I'd shoot the neighbor. and leave him in the front yard. :mad:

NormanPride
3/3/2006, 01:40 PM

That's a horrible waste of a neighbor. Good eatin' on them thangs.

RacerX
3/3/2006, 01:52 PM
racoon = rabies city

Plus, it was wearing a mask. The neighbor probably thought he was going to get mugged.

In other racoon related news, I can't wait for the Over the Hedge movie.

Beef
3/3/2006, 02:25 PM
Catfish make funny noises when you **** them.
That's not something you read every day.

C&CDean
3/3/2006, 02:35 PM

Timeout girly girl.

We're talking coons here. Just so you know, I immediately attack - with malice aforethought - any coon who crosses my path.

They are destructive, pestilent, disease-bearing animals who ruin everything they get near. Corn? Forget it if you've got coons around. Dog food? Same thing. Hell, them little bastards have opened the fridge in my garage and taken out bacon and cabbage rolls before.

Coons, coyotes, skunks, possums, and armadillos are fair game - 365/24/7. Last weekend, my oldest son took my youngest son and his buddy who were spending the night coon hunting in the creeks that cross the back of the property. Left home at 9 pm, came in at midnight with 4 coons. I was ****ed. I said "you only killed 4" to which Drew replied "well dad, I had to let Blake and Jered have a couple shots."

Coons are not cute. They are filthy vermin. The only good coon is a dead coon. Period. End of story.

Hamhock
3/3/2006, 02:37 PM

Dude, a raccoon would own most any dog. I've had coon trapped in a snare trap. I'd rather tangle with a tiger.

C&CDean
3/3/2006, 02:41 PM
What Hamhock said.

A full grown coon will pretty much wipe the floor with any domestic animal. I have seen dogs like Norwegian Elkhounds and a Rottweiller kill a coon, but they're all tore to **** after they do. The coon definitely gets his licks in.

slickdawg
3/3/2006, 02:42 PM
A raccoon could not scratch Chuck Norris.

Beef
3/3/2006, 02:44 PM
What Hamhock said.

A full grown coon will pretty much wipe the floor with any domestic animal. I have seen dogs like Norwegian Elkhounds and a Rottweiller kill a coon, but they're all tore to **** after they do. The coon definitely gets his licks in.
I don't think you understand the pure evil that lies within my dog. He would win. Without a scratch.

C&CDean
3/3/2006, 02:46 PM
I don't think you understand the pure evil that lies within my dog. He would win. Without a scratch.

Nuh Uh. Cause he would get shot. I call it collateral damage. Anything within 5 feet of the coon is meat.

ousoonerfan
3/3/2006, 02:46 PM
You all have helped me put into perspective. Thanks. I was really ****ed off this morning about this. Now, not so much.

Crimson_Balls
3/3/2006, 02:48 PM
Mama used to sweep them coons off the front porch all the time.

http://www.cinema.com/image_lib/2886_003_thumb.jpg

soonerbrat
3/3/2006, 02:48 PM
I used to have a pet raccoon. she was sweet til she was about a year old.then she almost bit my uncle's finger off.

they are definitely mean as hell.

BeetDigger
3/3/2006, 03:07 PM
If'n raccoons are bad, then porcupines are really, really, really bad. Porkies do nothing but damage. And dogs are too stupid to know to stay away from them. The first time that is. After that, they know (usually). Nothing like seeing a dog with quills in his nose. Porkies will kill trees, eat pheasant eggs, wipe out gardens, .... Bad mojo them porcupines.

C&CDean
3/3/2006, 03:09 PM
If'n raccoons are bad, then porcupines are really, really, really bad. Porkies do nothing but damage. And dogs are too stupid to know to stay away from them. The first time that is. After that, they know (usually). Nothing like seeing a dog with quills in his nose. Porkies will kill trees, eat pheasant eggs, wipe out gardens, .... Bad mojo them porcupines.

Very true. Except that there are like 100,000 coons to every 1 porcupine. I haven't seen a porky since I was elk hunting. I never see them on my place. Could be cause I've made them extinct though......

3/3/2006, 03:10 PM
Woof.

http://www.thewvsr.com/dogporcupine.jpg

ousoonerfan
3/3/2006, 03:10 PM

Speaking of pheasants, I went pheasant hunting in South Dakota last year for the first time. Officially hooked. Already got the plans in the works for November of this year. Death to porkies!

C&CDean
3/3/2006, 03:11 PM
Woof.

http://www.thewvsr.com/dogporcupine.jpg

I remember seeing that pic a few years ago. My thoughts? What a stupid ****ing dog.

Mjcpr
3/3/2006, 03:12 PM
I remember seeing that pic a few years ago. My thoughts? What a stupid ****ing dog.

It looks like a Pit Bull.....they don't give up easily.

GDC
3/3/2006, 03:13 PM
If the coon's not spoken for, can I have it?

My ex who was black used to get a kick out of my father talking about trapping and shooting the coons that kept getting in his trash barrels at night.

C&CDean
3/3/2006, 03:14 PM
It looks like a Pit Bull.....they don't give up easily.

Nah, it's one of those Spuds McKenzie dogs or something like it.

C&CDean

My ex who was black used to get a kick out of my father talking about trapping and shooting the coons that kept getting in his trash barrels at night.

Dude, is there anything you haven't been to bed with?

ousoonerfan

If it's still there when I get home, I'll mail it to you.

GDC
3/3/2006, 03:17 PM
Dude, is there anything you haven't been to bed with?

If I can think of anything besides Lid, I'll post it.:texan:

3/3/2006, 03:17 PM
This is my favorite thread today.

The content is ok, but the title makes me grin every time.

soonerbrat
3/3/2006, 03:21 PM
Nah, it's one of those Spuds McKenzie dogs or something like it.

bull terrier

Crimson_Balls
3/3/2006, 03:25 PM
Very true. Except that there are like 100,000 coons to every 1 porcupine. I haven't seen a porky since I was elk hunting. I never see them on my place. Could be cause I've made them extinct though......

There have been a lot of porcupine spottings up in the North Central part of the state. I've heard Ponca City is begining to have a problem. Maybe you could take your .22 caliber pistol up North for a weekend and exterminate the hell out of 'em. :texan:

GDC
3/3/2006, 03:26 PM
Ther's no varmint like a coatimundi or a badger.

Crimson_Balls
3/3/2006, 03:29 PM
there's no varmit like the North American Beaver. They can chew your arm off if you aint careful.

Howzit
3/3/2006, 03:32 PM
A vulture boards an airplane, carrying two dead raccoons. The Stewardess looks at him and says, "I'm sorry, sir, only one carrion allowed per passenger."

3/3/2006, 03:32 PM
Crimson Balls, from a man with your handle, I'll take that as gospel.

Harry Beanbag
3/3/2006, 03:33 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

Crimson_Balls
3/3/2006, 03:35 PM
Crimson Balls, from a man with your handle, I'll take that as gospel.

I definately have a handle if you know what I'm sayin :D

3/3/2006, 03:36 PM
Dude, back off.

Crimson_Balls
3/3/2006, 03:42 PM
Back to the coons!

GDC
3/3/2006, 03:57 PM
there's no varmit like the North American Beaver. They can chew your arm off if you aint careful.

I got cornered in a flooded tinhorn once by a particularly viscous beaver, had to plug it with a .22 to get out.

Mjcpr
3/3/2006, 03:57 PM
I got cornered in a flooded tinhorn once by a particularly viscous beaver, had to plug it with a .22 to get out.

Sorry to hear about your back.

Shamrock
3/4/2006, 05:50 AM
Varmint killin' is legal in my city, but my town is still under 1000 people. We also have one of those Puma/Mtn Lion/Panthers running around eating cats and dogs. The Police Chief said just kill the damn thing, then call.

So far I've shot two possums, one coon and one armadillo that ****ed me off. The neighbor shot up his carport trying to kill a snake. He missed, but now his carport is more airy... oops ...

I've got a lab/shepherd mix that trashed a raccoon. There was blood everywhere, and none of it from my dog. She bit the crap out of the coon, then grabbed it by its tail and spun it like a helicopter (honest.) She let it go and it splattered up against a tree. Then did it again, and it hit the hog wire fence. The coon got under and left a blood trail in the grass. I'd put that dog up against any raccoon.

SoonerBorn68
3/4/2006, 06:14 AM
I shot a raccoon in my pajamas once. How he got in my pajamas I'll never know.

I thought I'd heard that before. :D

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25125&highlight=racoon

People 2
Racoons 0

Okla-homey
3/4/2006, 06:20 AM

naw, in so. Cal, they shoot their neighbors and leave them in the front yard.

3/4/2006, 11:48 AM
there's no varmit like the North American Beaver. They can chew your arm off if you aint careful.A fella once told me his buddy went noodlin' on the Wa****a River, and stuck his hand into a beaver's den. The beaver opened his arm up from the wrist past the elbow. Needless, the guy popped up screaming, and they took him to the hospital. I suppose he lived, but I'm not sure...OUCH!:eddie: