PDA

View Full Version : In case you missed it yesterday Tom Delay is up poop creek without a paddle.

Hatfield
3/3/2006, 10:54 AM
apparently abramoff's credit card bill shows where he paid 14K to send delay and his wife to scotland for golf.

when doing shady stuff why pay for it with something that leaves such an easy record?

n8v_ndn
3/3/2006, 11:03 AM
Abramoff's money wad is kept under his black fedora...which was left in a barely legal prostitute's crashpad at the time.

Oldnslo
3/3/2006, 11:32 AM
apparently abramoff's credit card bill shows where he paid 14K to send delay and his wife to scotland for golf.

when doing shady stuff why pay for it with something that leaves such an easy record?
What I've discovered is this:

When you think you're smarter than everyone else, you also come to think that everyone else is stupid.

So, either he thought he was just too supafly to get caught, or he was doing so many crooked things that this wasn't on the radar screen. Either that, or he was really busy and got caught short when it came time to pay.

BeetDigger
3/3/2006, 11:44 AM

Could you please tell the republican's this. They don't seem to be nearly as good at covering their tracks as the democrats. Hell, everybody who knew anything about the Clinton's personal dealings ended up dead. The Dems can kill people and not leave tracks and yet the Republicans can't even take slush money and keep it a secret. Idiots.

Ike
3/3/2006, 11:55 AM
Could you please tell the republican's this. They don't seem to be nearly as good at covering their tracks as the democrats. Hell, everybody who knew anything about the Clinton's personal dealings ended up dead. The Dems can kill people and not leave tracks and yet the Republicans can't even take slush money and keep it a secret. Idiots.

well, first you make sure that everybody that knows about your personal dealings are elderly...like 80+....

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/3/2006, 12:00 PM
Could you please tell the republican's this. They don't seem to be nearly as good at covering their tracks as the democrats. Hell, everybody who knew anything about the Clinton's personal dealings ended up dead. The Dems can kill people and not leave tracks and yet the Republicans can't even take slush money and keep it a secret. Idiots.One of my personal favorites is the James McDougal "heart attack" in jail.;)

slickdawg
3/3/2006, 12:04 PM
What I've discovered is this:

When you think you're smarter than everyone else, you also come to think that everyone else is stupid.

So, either he thought he was just too supafly to get caught, or he was doing so many crooked things that this wasn't on the radar screen. Either that, or he was really busy and got caught short when it came time to pay.

My take is that people in his position have gotten away with little things
over the years, and they keep pushing and keep pushing, assuming that
they won't be caught, because they haven't been for so many years.

Herr Scholz
3/3/2006, 12:17 PM
Tax deduction on his business?

3/3/2006, 12:31 PM
Could you please tell the republican's this. They don't seem to be nearly as good at covering their tracks as the democrats. Hell, everybody who knew anything about the Clinton's personal dealings ended up dead. The Dems can kill people and not leave tracks and yet the Republicans can't even take slush money and keep it a secret. Idiots. The Repubs also don't have the media on their team. If the media went after the donkeys like they do the elephants, well, you can visualize it.:)

BeetDigger
3/3/2006, 12:33 PM
well, first you make sure that everybody that knows about your personal dealings are elderly...like 80+....

Like the dude who committed suicide in the park?

Palermo10
3/8/2006, 05:43 AM
Yeh and now he wins a primary in Texas... stupendous

Herr Scholz
3/8/2006, 10:28 AM
This is Houston we're talking about, home of Enron. They cater to crooks down there.

3/8/2006, 10:36 AM
This is Houston we're talking about, home of Enron. They cater to crooks down there.It's going to be very interesting to see how this DeLay thing turns out in the end. They apparently love him in his district. It would be hilarious if he is exonerated, and gets re-elected as majority leader! Ronnie Earl, look out!:texan:

jeremy885
3/8/2006, 10:49 AM
This is Houston we're talking about, home of Enron. They cater to crooks down there.

I guess that explains the generosity to Katrina "evacuees".

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 11:33 AM

I used to live in that district. This makes me glad I don't anymore. Maybe the Democrats should get Marion Barry to run against DeLay. :rolleyes:

picasso
3/8/2006, 12:01 PM
both sides suck IMO. one side just happens to also swallow.

jeremy885
3/8/2006, 12:02 PM

So does that make them better :confused:

slickdawg
3/8/2006, 12:09 PM

Then what are the New Orleans evacuees complaining about, it's home away from home!

soonerscuba
3/8/2006, 12:10 PM

Hey now, one side tries to make it illegal, the other side gets it in the Oval Office, just sayin'.

C&CDean
3/8/2006, 12:14 PM
Hatfield/Tuba. Tuba/Hatfield. Meh.

Herr Scholz
3/8/2006, 12:21 PM
Then what are the New Orleans evacuees complaining about, it's home away from home!
No jazz music or poboys.

slickdawg
3/8/2006, 12:26 PM
No jazz music or poboys.

True, but corruption is their second nature.

picasso
3/8/2006, 12:35 PM
Hey now, one side tries to make it illegal, the other side gets it in the Oval Office, just sayin'.
haha.

one side gets it in the office, the other gets it in the alley behind the office.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 12:37 PM
the other gets it in the alley behind the office.

Or at the Habana Inn while they're "witnessing".

picasso
3/8/2006, 12:39 PM
Or at the Habana Inn while they're "witnessing".
hey now, no proof that dude was a Republican.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 12:40 PM
hey now, no proof that dude was a Republican.

Two words: Southern Baptist. :D

picasso
3/8/2006, 12:44 PM
Two words: Southern Baptist. :D
you'd be surprised at the number of old school Demos from that group.

plus, apparently the fella liked sausage so...

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 01:36 PM
plus, apparently the fella liked sausage so...

http://online.logcabin.org/

Rhino
3/8/2006, 02:58 PM
You guyz are such stupid libz.

He was just giving money to his friend in a time of Scottish need.