PDA

View Full Version : I've had all I can take and I can't take no more.

sanantoniosooner
3/3/2006, 08:39 AM
Is there some way to educate parents on how to properly drop their students off at school without creating armageddon for everyone else?

I'm so sick of stupid people.....I'm going to snap......I just know it......fwaqpo fa;php[ hjfo;a; !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

achiro
3/3/2006, 08:57 AM
Is there some way to educate parents on how to properly drop their students off at school without creating armageddon for everyone else?

I'm so sick of stupid people.....I'm going to snap......I just know it......fwaqpo fa;php[ hjfo;a; !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Picking up kids is the worst here!

OUDoc
3/3/2006, 09:02 AM
See the long line of parents waiting to SAFELY drop their kids off on the right-hand side of the circle? Nah, **** that. I've got to get back in time to watch my soaps. I'll just pull in the left lane, ahead of everyone else who's been waiting, park my car, get out, let my kid out and cross between cars. I may even go inside for a while and block the left lane for quite some time.

THOSE stupid, stupid, stupid ****ing parents?:mad:

Never heard of them. :D

Boomhauer
3/3/2006, 09:03 AM
No simple plan. I know as a sixth grade teacher that if you change the procedures the parents are still going to do what they want and when they want to do it. Forget the safety of the kids!!!!

OUDoc
3/3/2006, 09:17 AM
No simple plan. I know as a sixth grade teacher that if you change the procedures the parents are still going to do what they want and when they want to do it. Forget the safety of the kids!!!!
My wife's called the police on some of them. People working in the school park in the bus loop, in a fire lane, every day, the same cars (one's reportedly the principal's car). Makes it hard to get the buses out, not to mention how the future OUDoc Public Schools would be financially ruined if there's ever a fire and the firetrucks can't get close enough to help my kids. Dumb asses are everywhere.

Czar Soonerov
3/3/2006, 09:30 AM
They have "car pool" at my sons school. You pull up and the teacher is there waiting for your kid and she takes him into the building. When you pick them up, they have radios and you have a sign on your dash board with the kid's name on it and they call ahead so when you get to the front of the line, the kid is waiting for you. It's pretty cool.

Sooner_Bob
3/3/2006, 09:37 AM
They have "car pool" at my sons school. You pull up and the teacher is there waiting for your kid and she takes him into the building. When you pick them up, they have radios and you have a sign on your dash board with the kid's name on it and they call ahead so when you get to the front of the line, the kid is waiting for you. It's pretty cool.

That is a pretty good idea . . .

Thankfully we're close enough that my oldest can walk to school. I can't stand having to stop by and pick her up because of all the crazy parents who think they own the place.

It's gotten noticeably worse since they completed their addition and moved the kindergarten classes to the same campus.

With all of the new housing editions being built on the north side of town it's only going to get worse.

IB4OU2
3/3/2006, 09:46 AM
You people take your kids to school? When I was a kid I used to walk from Willow Lane (South of Timberdell) clear up to McKinley Grade School (North of Lindsey almost to Boyd) in rain, sleet and snow.....

but there was one time when my little friend got hit by a cement truck while we were crossing Lindsey. (true story)

Boomhauer
3/3/2006, 10:25 AM

We kind of do the same thing here. We have two teachers that are outside at all times to prevent mishaps. We try to set up two lanes of traffic outside because sometimes you have the IDIOT who tries to go down the middle of the road to get past everyone. The name in the window is great....now if we can only speed the kids up at their locker, instead of them thinking it is social hour, to get outside to be picked up!!!!!! That is what hacks me!