PDA

View Full Version : For the record, "the rule against perpetuities" is the debbil

Okla-homey
3/2/2006, 02:39 PM
...defeasible estates and future interests in real property in general succs mightily too.

that is all.

TopDaugIn2000
3/2/2006, 02:40 PM
look at you. gettin all smart and stuff.

Fugue
3/2/2006, 02:42 PM
if your prof. is honest about the (rap) he/she will tell you to blow it off and not waste your time with it.

OklahomaTuba
3/2/2006, 02:45 PM
Just write some BS about 21 years or something.

mdklatt
3/2/2006, 02:46 PM
If we didn't have lawyers we wouldn't need lawyers.

frankensooner
3/2/2006, 02:52 PM
You think someone should be allowed to tie up fee forever, huh, do ya man?

Okla-homey
3/2/2006, 02:54 PM
You think someone should be allowed to tie up fee forever, huh, do ya man?

yeah, the rule against perpetuities is just stickin' it to the man so other folks can get land. I wonder if that would work on the exam?

Fugue
3/2/2006, 02:55 PM
yeah, the rule against perpetuities is just stickin' it to the man so other folks can get land. I wonder if that would work on the exam?
as well as anything else will. :P

royalfan5
3/2/2006, 02:56 PM
<Royalfan5 silently thanking God, that he had the good sense to quit law school and go into agriculture>

Hatfield
3/2/2006, 02:58 PM
have you gotten to the case where the guy drives his chevy to the levy but the levy wasn't dry?

Fugue
3/2/2006, 02:58 PM
<Royalfan5 silently thanking God, that he had the good sense to quit law school and go into agriculture>

this is a tough call though cause a few classmates got their jd's with ag certs. and are kickin' a5s out in the sticks.

royalfan5
3/2/2006, 03:08 PM
this is a tough call though cause a few classmates got their jd's with ag certs. and are kickin' a5s out in the sticks.I thought about that, Except for I don't want to live in the sticks and I would much rather spend may day developing business stratgies and building models of commodity markets. Fighting over water rights and dealing with wills and what not isn't my idea of a good time. That and as a general rule, I don't like lawyers, and I really didn't want to be self-loathing.

Fugue
3/2/2006, 03:20 PM
I don't like lawyers, and I really didn't want to be self-loathing.

I loathe myself but for entirely different reasons. :texan:

oh and IBT:hmfic:

SweetheartSooner
3/2/2006, 06:04 PM
...defeasible estates and future interests in real property in general succs mightily too.

that is all.

It's my least favorite class. It makes me want to pull out my hair.

Taxman71
3/2/2006, 06:12 PM
I liked property, it was taught by the hottest professor at the time.

However, I could care less learning about how badly the English screwed over their serfs a thousand years ago.

Fugue
3/2/2006, 06:24 PM
It's my least favorite class. It makes me want to pull out my hair.

Sweetheart inda house, welcome in. You need to post more.

Okla-homey
3/2/2006, 07:16 PM
I liked property, it was taught by the hottest professor at the time.

However, I could care less learning about how badly the English screwed over their serfs a thousand years ago.

Mine is taught be an old crusty former college basketball player (Villanova) who wears bow ties and a hanky in his suit coat breast pocket. Seriously.

Look, I'm all for limiting the power of a "dead hand" from controlling the disposition of land long after its dead and buried, but the damnable thing about RAP is it seems most jurisdictions now take this "wait and see" approach effectively eviscerating it. So why in the name of all that's holy do I have to learn a doctrine which has had its guts cut-out? Oh wait, I know. Tradition!

Sometimes I wonder how we ever got of rid powdered wigs in court.

Fugue
3/2/2006, 07:17 PM
Sometimes I wonder how we ever got of rid powdered wigs in court.

We did! :O

:D

TUSooner
3/2/2006, 07:56 PM
Ain't no such animal in Louisiana. But the civil law has this thing called prohibited substitution which has the same aim. If I recall, it's simpler than RAP, but then again, I don't recall......
I did hear some common law folk say that, on the bar exam, you should skip the RAP questions and move on.

swardboy
3/2/2006, 08:16 PM
However, I am glad to be of an alloidal system which affords fee simple absolute property rights...

Okla-homey
3/2/2006, 09:09 PM
However, I am glad to be of an alloidal system which affords fee simple absolute property rights...

'cept for "imminent" domain, zoning ordinances, pesky real covenants and equitable servitudes.;)

Oldnslo
3/2/2006, 09:24 PM
yes. Property.

I made a C. Didn't understand jack****. Carve up the bologna any damn way you want.

Then, Property 2. I made a C. Didn't understand jack****.

Then, I took DET. I made a C. Didn't understand jack****. The prof did say that I should be in comedy instead of law. I am told that he read my evaluation of him to all of his classes, forever. I'm responsible for the "polyester encased Iowan who goes through material like Hitler through Poland" line.

Then, my last semester in law school, I needed another class. All that was available was an advanced property class. I figure, I'll get a C and coast my way in. Prof suicides himself and we get an adjunct. Short story: I had to work my @ss off...

for a C.

The end.

Mixer!
3/2/2006, 09:25 PM
Did you say..."eminent domain"? :D

http://clerestoryav.com/boonestate/comics/Katrina_copy.jpg

proud gonzo
3/3/2006, 12:04 AM
yeah, the rule against prostitutes is just stickin' it to the man so other folks can get laid. I wonder if that would work on the exam?

:eek: