PDA

View Full Version : People that annoy me for no real reason

mdklatt
3/2/2006, 01:54 PM
People who creep forward at a red light in anticipation of it turning green.

People who eat burgers/sandwiches without unwrapping them completely.

People who eat pizza with a knife and fork (unless it's particularly floppy or sloppy).

I don't have any legitimate reasons why this stuff annoys me, it just does. :O

Jimminy Crimson
3/2/2006, 02:02 PM
(unless it's particularly floppy or sloppy)

So you saw :eddie: takin' a leak? :D

BeetDigger
3/2/2006, 02:03 PM
People who make their MS Office calendar private.

TopDaugIn2000
3/2/2006, 02:04 PM
PEOPLE THAT TALK ON THEIR ****ING CELL PHONES IN THE BATHROOM AT WORK!!!!!!!

this is happening more and more. I really hate it.

Scott D
3/2/2006, 02:05 PM
you might be better able to handle people on the cell phone in the bathroom if you weren't busy using your pda to set up your prostitution schedule for the night ;)

TopDaugIn2000
3/2/2006, 02:07 PM
well...........

mdklatt
3/2/2006, 02:09 PM

You may not have a legitimate reason to be annoyed, but the people they are talking to sure as hell do. :eek:

Tear Down This Wall
3/2/2006, 02:09 PM
This is a juicy topic...

People who take more than 15 items into the 15 items or less line.

People who drive too slow, then speed up when I try to pass them.

People who drive too fast and get on my tail when I'm trying to get out of there way so they can go kill themselves in a fiery crash.

People who talk too loud on their cellphone in public. Yes...we can here you now, but we don't really give a sh*t. Just talk normally into your cellphone.

People who nickel and dime the cashier at the grocery store. For pete's sake, people...is .25 to .50 making so much of a difference in your life that you've got to stop down the whole process?

(This bring me to another point...can grocery stores please open special lanes just for the coupon geeks? I don't use 'em, and I don't mind people who do...except when I'm behind some freak of nature who has one coupon for every items in their completely full shopping cart).

People who come down the row during the football game and say I'm sitting in their seats. No, dumbass. I've been a season ticket holder for many seasons, I know these are my seats. Quit arguing with me about it and go ask the Boy Scout at the top of the stairs where your seats are. Jerk.

People who constantly get and up and down to go get stuff or use the bathroom at the football game. Can you people not look at the schedule, note the game time, and get all of that crap done before the game begins or at halftime?

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/2/2006, 02:10 PM
PEOPLE THAT TALK IN JAPANESE ON THEIR ****ING CELL PHONES IN THE BATHROOM AT WORK!!!!!!!

This can be very disturbing, people...

mdklatt
3/2/2006, 02:12 PM
People who take more than 15 items into the 15 items or less line.

People who drive too slow, then speed up when I try to pass them.

People who drive too fast and get on my tail when I'm trying to get out of there way so they can go kill themselves in a fiery crash.

People who talk too loud on their cellphone in public. Yes...we can here you now, but we don't really give a sh*t. Just talk normally into your cellphone.

There are legitimate reasons to be annoyed by all of this.

TopDaugIn2000
3/2/2006, 02:13 PM
PEOPLE THAT TALK IN JAPANESE ON THEIR ****ING CELL PHONES IN THE BATHROOM AT WORK!!!!!!!

here it's in spanish

Tear Down This Wall
3/2/2006, 02:14 PM
I just thought of another...I swear I could write a book:

People who have nothing prepared when they go to the bank, whether in the lobby or drive-through lanes. How could you be at the bank and not know what you needed? You planned to go to the bank, right? I mean, that's why you're there, right? Why not fill out your deposit slip/withdrawal before getting line? Motherscratchers.

Tear Down This Wall
3/2/2006, 02:16 PM
There are legitimate reasons to be annoyed by all of this.

Well, maybe. If I was patient enough, none of it would bother me. But, dude, I honestly think there on people who have no clue that other people live in their world. Their world.

critical_phil
3/2/2006, 02:17 PM

while this may be a legit gripe, not as bad as: talking on the cell phone during movies....or church....or funerals.

yep, the last funeral i went to had 3 cell phones go off.

Fugue
3/2/2006, 02:18 PM

razy American girl ruse focus easiry

NormanPride
3/2/2006, 02:19 PM
People who eat burgers/sandwiches without unwrapping them completely.

This annoys you? It just seems logical to me...

My cat annoys me when he chews on my toothbrush. :mad:

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/2/2006, 02:20 PM
razy American girl ruse focus easiry

'...once it starts - I can't stop...it stings!!!...'

critical_phil
also, people with cats annoy me............

SoonerInKCMO
People at the grocery store that don't realize their butt is so big that it takes up 2/3 of the aisle width and therefore don't move to the side to let people by. :mad:

handcrafted
PEOPLE THAT TALK IN JAPANESE ...This can be very disturbing, people...

Fixed. :mad:

critical_phil
3/2/2006, 02:25 PM
ice crunchers.

public fingernail clipping.

handcrafted
3/2/2006, 02:25 PM
People who can't be bothered to turn their cellphones off in church/meetings/movies

People who love cats and think I'm weird because I'm allergic to them

People who don't understand people with allergies and think we're faking

People who talk in a foreign language in front of other people who don't speak that language

People who go to the bank and can't remember their account number because they a) didn't bother to memorize it or b) can't find their checkbook for the umpteenth time, and then c) call their husband at work in the middle of a meeting with the pre-agreed emergency code, thereby causing said husband to think that their son is in the hospital....and honey, if you're reading this, I'm not who you think I am...

royalfan5
3/2/2006, 02:27 PM
I would like to nominate:People who plaster bumper and other stickers all over their vehicles.

People who talk on their cell phone while in line for something.

Superuptight people who are afraid of accidentally offending someone at all times, and/or are afraid to go in a Chipotle and numerous other places because it makes them uncomfortable.(my soon to be former roomate is this way)

critical_phil
3/2/2006, 02:28 PM
Superuptight people who are afraid of accidentally offending someone at all times, and/or are afraid to go in a Chipotle and numerous other places because it makes them uncomfortable.(my soon to be former roomate is this way)

states that don't have a Chipotle's make me wanna go nucular....

Tear Down This Wall
3/2/2006, 02:30 PM
I would like to nominate:People who plaster bumper and other stickers all over their vehicles.

People who talk on their cell phone while in line for something.

Chipotle makes your roommate uncomfortable? WTF? You order your food, sit down, and eat. Where's the trouble?

BeetDigger
3/2/2006, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by BlondeSoonerGirl
PEOPLE THAT TALK IN JAPANESE ...This can be very disturbing, people...

Fixed.

Nihonyo desu ka?

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/2/2006, 02:37 PM
NUNDA!

BeetDigger
3/2/2006, 02:49 PM
NUNDA!

Ah so, desu ne.

BeetDigger
3/2/2006, 02:50 PM
People who dredge up old threads, for no reason. Asshats.

mdklatt
3/2/2006, 02:51 PM

It seems logical to eat your cheeseburger out of the wrapper or to be annoyed by people who do?

I didn't say I had a good reason for it to annoy me, just that it does.

royalfan5
3/2/2006, 02:54 PM
Chipotle makes your roommate uncomfortable? WTF? You order your food, sit down, and eat. Where's the trouble?
I am really not sure but I can only assume it has to do with the fact that he is the only anorexic male I have ever met, or perhaps he is bothered by the relative lack of interior decorating in their stores.

Pieces Hit
3/2/2006, 02:57 PM
Feriners who speak ferin talk around me and giggle to one another.

Ike
3/2/2006, 02:58 PM
there isn't enough server space in the known universe to house my list. so I'll pass.

critical_phil
3/2/2006, 03:01 PM
I am really not sure but I can only assume it has to do with the fact that he is the only anorexic male I have ever met, or perhaps he is bothered by the relative lack of interior decorating in their stores.

he doesn't eat sausage, but he likes sausage?

GottaHavePride
3/2/2006, 03:07 PM
People who talk in a foreign language in front of other people who don't speak that language

I get even with them by dropping into deep southeastern oklahoma drawl around people like that.

royalfan5
3/2/2006, 03:14 PM
he doesn't eat sausage, but he likes sausage?
Pretty much, he just hasn't figured out yet or something, everyone else has. At one point were going to throw him a coming out of the closet party and hope he got the hint, it isn't like everyone hasn't caught on to the fact that he doesn't dig chicks.

I would also add closeted gay folks to this list, they are much worse to deal with than openly gay folks.

sooner n houston
3/2/2006, 03:34 PM
At work, the great hallway meeting. Get a room people, don't block the hallway!

Pieces Hit
3/2/2006, 03:37 PM
People that smell like butt.

crawfish
3/2/2006, 03:43 PM
People who talk on cell phones in the car while driving.

No, that's a legitimate reason, because YOU'RE RISKING OUR FREAKING LIVES!!!! :mad:

TopDaugIn2000
3/2/2006, 03:44 PM
women that don't wear a bra to work. BIG WOMEN.

Mjcpr
3/2/2006, 03:47 PM
Daniel Gibson.

GottaHavePride
3/2/2006, 04:00 PM
I'd mention our waitress at The Library last night, but there was a very definite reason she annoyed us.

skycat
3/2/2006, 04:01 PM
People who can't keep their shoes on all day at work. :mad:

Sooner_Bob
3/2/2006, 04:03 PM

did the term "kancho" come up or something?

Sooner_Bob
3/2/2006, 04:07 PM
People who dredge up old threads, for no reason. Asshats.

yeah . . . who would do such a thing?!!!11

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2006, 04:08 PM
At a restaurant; couples on a date who sit on the same side of the booth. I hate that. There's no reason for it to annoy me but it does.

IB4OU2
3/2/2006, 04:11 PM
Employees that walk around the office all day with a coffee cup........

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/2/2006, 04:11 PM

My cat annoys me when he chews on my toothbrush. :mad:Yeah, the burger wrapper helps to prevent messes. How can that possibly bother ANYONE??? Your cat-feed him, or discipline him with that same toothbrush.

Skysooner
3/2/2006, 04:17 PM
I hate it when I'm driving down the road and someone decides to leave a parking lot at high speed, turns in front of me and then goes slow when there is 1/2 mile of open space behind me. Would it kill you to wait 5 seconds so that I don't have to hit my brakes to avoid hitting your dumb ***?

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/2/2006, 04:18 PM
Daniel Gibson.

Oh, I think we all know why he annoys you, PAT.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/2/2006, 04:21 PM
People who don't know how to use the self checkout at Albertson's but use it anyway.

handcrafted
3/2/2006, 04:25 PM
Ah so, desu ne.

:mad: :mad: :mad:.....

NOTAFINGA!!!!!!!!

Coloradosker
3/2/2006, 04:27 PM
-People who have their last name in Old English plastered across the back window of their car.

-People who leave political campaign bumper stickers on long after the election, win or lose.

-People who bring their kids to things (movies, dinner, any event) when they're infants (or too young to be there in any case).

-People who are way too old to be driving and still drive.

-People who overestimate their abilities or intelligence.

-People who waste time complaining about things they can't do anything about.:D

handcrafted
3/2/2006, 04:28 PM
I'd mention our waitress at The Library last night, but there was a very definite reason she annoyed us.

Well I hope you withheld the tip...

OklahomaTrombone
3/2/2006, 04:29 PM

He probably got shot down before he had the chance.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/2/2006, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=Coloradosker-People who overestimate their abilities or intelligence.

D[/QUOTE]:eddie: How do you know when they are doing that overestimation?

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2006, 04:41 PM
-People who leave political campaign bumper stickers on long after the election, win or lose.

You're crazy. I still have my Dole/Kemp '96 bumper sticker which I actually plastered on my backpack in 8th grade. Cause ain't nothin' cooler in 8th grade than the Bobster.

Skysooner
3/2/2006, 04:47 PM
:eddie: How do you know when they are doing that overestimation?
We have one engineer at work who has about 4 years of experience. There are 3 other engineers in our group (one with 25 years, one with 15, and another with about 10, supervisor is also an engineer with about 30 years experience). We were having a meeting in our supervisor's office, and the supervisor was down the hall. He came in and sat down in the supervisor's chair and said, "I'm going to have this chair one of these days". He has a reputation for arrogance and being careless in his work. That is one that I think highly overestimates his intelligence.

BeetDigger
3/2/2006, 04:50 PM
women that don't wear a bra to work. BIG CHESTED WOMEN.

Yeah, that bugs me too. A lot. :texan:

Skysooner
3/2/2006, 04:54 PM
And where do you work Top Daug? I see a bra inspection in my future.

SoonerInKCMO
3/2/2006, 04:55 PM

Well put on a damn bra then. :texan:

skycat
3/2/2006, 04:56 PM
We have one engineer at work who has about 4 years of experience. There are 3 other engineers in our group (one with 25 years, one with 15, and another with about 10, supervisor is also an engineer with about 30 years experience). We were having a meeting in our supervisor's office, and the supervisor was down the hall. He came in and sat down in the supervisor's chair and said, "I'm going to have this chair one of these days". He has a reputation for arrogance and being careless in his work. That is one that I think highly overestimates his intelligence.

Sounds to me like he's figured out that the rest of you old timers are going to die off one day. ;)

Beef
3/2/2006, 05:00 PM
People.

Crimson_Balls
3/2/2006, 05:00 PM
I hate it when people get in my way. Get the fuk out of my way everybody. i'm in a fukin hurry.

OUthunder
3/2/2006, 05:02 PM
Dell CS via India or Pakistan.

TopDaugIn2000
3/2/2006, 05:03 PM
And where do you work Top Daug? I see a bra inspection in my future.

ew no man. I'm tellin ya, it's N-A-S-T-Y

OklahomaTrombone
3/2/2006, 05:04 PM
What do teh pentecostalslslslslaj(sp?) think of the no-bra?

Crimson_Balls
3/2/2006, 05:04 PM
Its annoying when fat people breathe loudly when they eat.

TopDaugIn2000
3/2/2006, 05:05 PM
What do teh pentecostalslslslslaj(sp?) think of the no-bra?

this one in particular that I'm referring to is one of their "cast outs"

and they are complaining. they want it put in the handbook that females must wear a bra to work.

OklahomaTrombone
3/2/2006, 05:06 PM
maybe they should just wear blinders.

TUSooner
3/2/2006, 05:08 PM

Justs makes lots of "appropriate" noises including frequent toilet flushings.

silverwheels
3/2/2006, 05:11 PM
Dudes that have feminine haircuts and wear girl jeans annoy me.

Skysooner
3/2/2006, 05:13 PM
Sounds to me like he's figured out that the rest of you old timers are going to die off one day. ;)

Just let me sell my stock before he takes over because that is the day the stock tanks.

Seriously, it is one thing to be high and mighty when you actually do a good job. To be arrogant while doing a mediocre job is just an invitation for people to make fun of you (and everybody does).

proud gonzo
3/2/2006, 05:17 PM
He probably got shot down before he had the chance.

ZANG!

SweetheartSooner
3/2/2006, 05:47 PM
People with "Kerry '04" bumperstickers.
HE LOST! Get over it, already!

People with Jesus something or another bumperstickers who cut you off on the highway. Grrrr!

People who are way-oversympathizing with Eddie Sutton.

People who are OSU fans in general because they are sheep humpers.

GottaHavePride
3/2/2006, 05:56 PM

Yes, in fact all 8 people at the table who would have liked another round (but gave up and started looking to tab out after the waitress disappeared for half an hour) stiffed her on the tip.

OT should have a field day with that one.

Melo
3/2/2006, 05:57 PM
Dell CS via India or Pakistan.

Funny you should mention that... (http://www.friendsoffoamy.com/index.php?id=144)

proud gonzo
3/2/2006, 05:58 PM
Yes, in fact all 8 people at the table who would have liked another round (but gave up and started looking to tab out after the waitress disappeared for half an hour) stiffed her on the tip.

OT should have a field day with that one.

BWAHAHAHA!!!! you said "but"!

handcrafted
3/2/2006, 06:24 PM
Its annoying when fat people breathe loudly when they ****.

Fixed. :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/2/2006, 06:44 PM
I thought this thread would be about Stanley1

Penguin
3/2/2006, 07:00 PM
People that blow their nose in public. :mad:

Why in the hell has it become socially acceptable to hear some other person blowing wet, slimy chunks of mucus thru their nose?

Please be courteous enough to go to the restroom before you clean out your pipes.

proud gonzo
3/2/2006, 07:15 PM
I talked to a couple of Germans once who think that's weird... they said they'd much rather somebody just blew their nose and got it over with than sit there and sniff for hours. icky

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2006, 07:17 PM
I talked to a couple of Germans once who think that's weird... they said they'd much rather somebody just blew their nose and got it over with than sit there and sniff for hours. icky

I wouldn't look to the Europeans for personal hygeine tips.

GottaHavePride
3/2/2006, 07:19 PM
You're thinking French people. ;)

mdklatt
3/2/2006, 07:20 PM
You're thinking French people. ;)

Or Italian.

sanantoniosooner
3/2/2006, 07:30 PM
People that blow their nose in public. :mad:

Why in the hell has it become socially acceptable to hear some other person blowing wet, slimy chunks of mucus thru their nose?

Please be courteous enough to go to the restroom before you clean out your pipes.
One finger applied to the opposing nostril coupled with air expelled at velocity can rocket undesired mucus in front yards or parking lots across this great nation.

leftfield
3/2/2006, 09:16 PM
the great thing about my job is that snot rockets are a very common thing.

SnappyDaze
3/2/2006, 10:53 PM
People that annoy me are people in big ole trucks with those grill thingyies on the front that tailgate me. I'm also annoyed by people who use shopping carts to block isles so they can chit chat at the grocery store.

sanantoniosooner
3/2/2006, 10:56 PM
People that annoy me are people in big ole trucks with those grill thingyies on the front that tailgate me. I'm also annoyed by people who use shopping carts to block isles so they can chit chat at the grocery store.
Those are legit reasons for being annoyed at someone.

The thread is SUPPOSED to be about harmless things that annoy for no good reason.

People who respond in threads improperly is mine.:D

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2006, 10:57 PM
Those are legit reasons for being annoyed at someone.

The thread is SUPPOSED to be about harmless things that annoy for no good reason.

People who respond in threads improperly is mine.:D

And yet there is a very good reason for being annoyed by that thus becoming the object of your own annoyance.

sanantoniosooner
3/2/2006, 11:00 PM
And yet there is a very good reason for being annoyed by that thus becoming the object of your own annoyance.
nah......can't compare public discourtesy and tailgating with bbs protocol.

But people that incorrectly correct me is another one.........:D :D

handcrafted
3/3/2006, 09:38 AM

PG = right on

Penguin = has just made the list

My own personal sense of hygiene says to blow my nose as needed rather than sniff/drip in front of people. Maybe it's just me. This goes along with the "people who have no sympathy for allergy sufferers" idea.

:mad:

GDC
3/3/2006, 10:56 AM
People who worry and gripe about other people instead of just ignoring them, unless they're whorns.