PDA

View Full Version : United States to share Nuke info with India

royalfan5
3/2/2006, 01:22 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186560,00.html

It will be interesting to see how much reaction there is to this deal.

Okla-homey
3/2/2006, 01:26 PM
I think this would be just thooper, especially if they agree to accept our spent fuel waste. They got a lot of wasted space up there in the Himilayas.

Scott D
3/2/2006, 01:29 PM
I do agree with the part of the article that suggests this is a move to hedge bets against China. The real question is how long until the information makes it's way through back channels to Pakistan whom is also a nuclear capable nation.

Hatfield
3/2/2006, 01:32 PM
prime example of why banging the fear gong so loudly for the last few years might not have been a good idea, because now kneejerk reaction will be WHAT!!!! instead of actually looking at what is going on...see port fiasco.

Scott D
3/2/2006, 01:35 PM
'Banging the Fear Gong' as you put it is run of the mill 'internal' American politics. Our government has the blueprint on proving how necessary they are to your ability to get through your day to day life that you're willing to give up certain liberties here and there in the name of being secure. It's happened under Democrat Administrations as well. Our external international politics are far more interesting than the usual crap we get spoonfed on the news.

Widescreen
3/2/2006, 01:43 PM
I'm stoked.

Okla-homey
3/2/2006, 02:35 PM
I do agree with the part of the article that suggests this is a move to hedge bets against China. The real question is how long until the information makes it's way through back channels to Pakistan whom is also a nuclear capable nation.

Not likely. India hates Pakistan like gdc hates the wHorns. Maybe worse if that's possible. I'm talking "with the last breath left in your body and only time to tell your kids you love them or tuck fexas and you go with tuck fexas!" kinda hatred.

Harry Beanbag
3/2/2006, 03:39 PM
Not likely. India hates Pakistan like gdc hates the wHorns. Maybe worse if that's possible. I'm talking "with the last breath left in your body and only time to tell your kids you love them or tuck fexas and you go with tuck fexas!" kinda hatred.

The only way nuclear information is getting from India to Pakistan is in the form of a 50 megaton mushroom cloud.

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2006, 03:49 PM
The only way nuclear information is getting from India to Pakistan is in the form of a 50 megaton mushroom cloud.

Yes, that is precisely right.

India makes a much better strategic partner in the region than Pakistan does. However, India can be rather difficult to deal with at times. But India's nuclear record is near perfect from what I understand they have never released their nuclear information to other sources.

The same can most definitely not be said of Pakistan. The trouble is of course we still need Pakistani cooperation in the region in regards to Afghanistan and Al-Quada. How big a help they've been is questionable, but losing all formal cooperation would be very problematic. I'm interested to see how the India deal will play out with Pakistani anti-terror cooperation.

Widescreen
3/2/2006, 05:04 PM
We've been having some interesting dealings with India and Pakistan in recent months. Last summer we gave Pakistan a deal for F-16's and India a deal for 7-11's.

Vaevictis
3/2/2006, 05:07 PM
Not to mention that India is an actual democracy, with a people that truly prefers peace... unlike some nations we have a history of propping up.

OklahomaTuba
3/2/2006, 05:36 PM
I think Pakistan already has nukes, thanks to that kahn dude.

And this is a hedge against China, Iran & Russia.

Okla-homey
3/2/2006, 07:25 PM
I think Pakistan already has nukes, thanks to that kahn dude.

And this is a hedge against China, Iran & Russia.

The Paki's have demonstrated nuclear capability, but I have no idea if they have successfully weaponized it. Its one thing to blow one under ground under controlled conditions, and quite another to stick one on a jet or atop a missile and still have it go bang when it hits the target. Trust me.

Okla-homey
3/2/2006, 07:40 PM
Economic warfare is much more dangerous than the terrorist thing. This move is great, I think. It is designed to open them up to our services industries. Like the port sale and other outreach programs, we must think partnership, not coexistence, with the rest of the world.

Abso-flippin'-lootely

I agree 100%. India is a vast market we need to tap and in so doing, we'll improve relations with a historic ally on the Asian sub-continent.

Afterall, borders over which trade passes very rarely become borders over which bullets pass.

Oldnslo
3/2/2006, 09:12 PM
Afterall, borders over which trade passes very rarely become borders over which bullets pass.
Prior to WWII, France was Germany's largest trade partner.

royalfan5
3/2/2006, 09:24 PM
One could make the argument in that case that the trade crossed the Germany/France border, but the bullets mostly passed through Holland/Belgium/Luxemborg borders, although they eventually passed back through Germany/France border on the return route. Just saying.

leftfield
3/2/2006, 09:35 PM
http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/allposters/mg/198590_rt.jpg

SoonerProphet
3/2/2006, 10:06 PM
One could make the argument in that case that the trade crossed the Germany/France border, but the bullets mostly passed through Holland/Belgium/Luxemborg borders, although they eventually passed back through Germany/France border on the return route. Just saying.

Didn't the Prussians crush Napolean III by cruising through Sedan and Metz?

Okla-homey
3/3/2006, 06:16 AM

every rule has exceptions...but I stand by my contention. Besides, Germany prolly wouldn't have attacked France in 1940 if Germany had not previously elected an Austrian, one-balled, wannabe painter, criminal psychopath as chancellor and granted him absolute power.

3/3/2006, 08:08 AM
...a one-balled, wannabe painter, criminal psychopath...

Picasso?

royalfan5
3/3/2006, 09:29 AM
Didn't the Prussians crush Napolean III by cruising through Sedan and Metz?
Yes, but that was the Franco-Prussian War, and the orginal question was about WWII. I also would like point our that my Great-Great Grandfather was a Prussian Solider in that war, and afterwords he immigrated to America, and Germany hasn't won any wars since. I don't think it is coincidence.

Scott D
3/3/2006, 05:54 PM

No argument on the dislike Homey, Bangladesh feels pretty much the same way about both of them. However, that doesn't mean that there isn't any sort of espionage going on there. That'd be like saying that we never got any Soviet secrets and the Soviets never got any of ours. There's a reason that both countries are nuclear capable already, and it doesn't have anything to do with willingly sharing things.