PDA

View Full Version : Classy Sooner Women Honor Retiring Tech Coach

SoonerShark
3/2/2006, 09:23 AM
The Sooners honored retiring Texas Tech coach Marsha Sharp during pregame warm-ups.

They wore T-shirts with the message, “Thanks Marsha,” during warm-ups, then tossed them into the crowd. Each player also shook the Tech coach’s hand.

“Our players have immense respect for Marsha,” OU coach Sherri Coale said.

“I wanted them to get to be a part of treating her the way she’s always treated us.”

Sharp appreciated the gesture.

“How classy is it when you come out and they’ve got that T-shirt on?” she said.

fwsooner22
3/2/2006, 09:38 AM
We Are OU...............

SoonerShark
3/2/2006, 10:32 AM
Remember when our basketball men went out in OSU colors following the plane crash in 2001 when we played in Stillwater? The OU sport's website had a yellow ribbon in honor of the deceased during the rest of the year.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
3/2/2006, 11:38 AM
Makes me glad to be a Sooner!

BoomerJack
3/2/2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah, that was nice to honor Coach Sharp that way. But I also read that the team sprinted off the court immediately after the win to celebrate their undefeated conference record. I hope that someone from the team, coaching staff or athletic dept. stayed around after the game when Sharp was saying her public goodbyes. To me, to not do so smacks of the UT baseball team not having a representative accepting the NCAA runner-up trophy a couple of years ago.

SoonerDood
3/2/2006, 04:41 PM
I tend to disagree. While it would be a nice gesture to hang around, what place does OU have at Marsha Sharp's farewell speech and Tech's Senior Day? none whatsoever. Did you want UT hanging around after Hollis' Senior Day? Also it's a totally different situation than accepting a runner-up trophy.

TopDaugIn2000
3/2/2006, 04:43 PM
When the radio tried to interview sherri she asked cut it short "to let tech enjoy thier sr. day". I thought that was good.

NormanPride
3/2/2006, 04:44 PM
Sherri is amazing. I'll fight hard to keep her here!

BoomerJack
3/2/2006, 06:01 PM
SoonerDood: You're right. I stand corrected. It was better that the OU contingent didn't hang around. I'm sure that Sherri Coale and/or the OU Ath. Dept. have expressed appropriate sentiments to Ms. Sharp via other means.

NormanPride
3/4/2006, 12:04 PM
this sounds kind of like my sign at the OU-Nebraska game:

"Welcome, Huskers! Thank you for another Sooner win!"

:D Thanks, Marsha. Thanks for another Sooner win! Hehehehe