PDA

View Full Version : OU Hockey - Sooners Slapshot 3/2/06

Chris Perry
3/2/2006, 12:47 AM
*** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ***

SOONERS SLAPSHOT

WHAT: Oklahoma Sooners® (12) vs. Iowa State Cyclones (5)
WHEN: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 11:00 A.M. EST (10:00 A.M. CST)
WHERE: ACHA Division 1 National Championship Tournament, Ice Line Quad Rinks, West Chester, PA

2005-06 RECORDS:
Oklahoma: 19-11-2 ACHA Division I
Iowa State: 31-5-7 ACHA Division I

COACHES: Oklahoma – Larry Donovan; Iowa State – Alan Murdoch

SETTING THE STAGE: In a match of Big XII rivals, Oklahoma and Iowa State meet for the third time this year in the first round of the ACHA D1 National Championship Tournament…The Sooners and Cyclones played earlier this season when ISU visited Oklahoma in November…In those games, OU tied ISU 2-2 and lost to ISU 3-2…Oklahoma has faced Iowa State six times over three years, carrying an all-time record of 0-4-2 against the Cyclones.

OKLAHOMA NOTES: This is the Sooners’ first trip to the ACHA Nationals in the three year existence of the OU Hockey club program…Oklahoma is ranked 14th in the ACHA D1 coaches poll but is seeded 12th in the national tournament…Sooners Hockey fans can listen to the OU vs. ISU game via internet broadcast by going to http://wire.ou.edu and clicking the appropriate LISTEN NOW link prior to game time.

IOWA STATE NOTES: Iowa State is ranked 5th I the nation in the ACHA D1 coaches poll…The Cyclones play in the ACHA’s tough Central States Collegiate Hockey League…Iowa State won the ACHA D1 National Championship in 1991-1992.

NEXT UP FOR THE SOONERS: The Sooners will play tomorrow at the ACHA D1 National Championship Tournament, no matter if they win or lose today; the game time and opponent will be dependent on the outcome of today’s tournament games…For more information, please call the OU Hockey Office at (405) 631-2709.

### BOOMER SOONER! ###

MEDIA CONTACT:
Chris Perry, General Manager
University of Oklahoma® Hockey
Phone: (405) 631-2709 / Cell: (405) 488-4048
Email: [email protected] / Fax: (405) 631-2102
www.icehockey.ou.edu / www.ouhockey.com

Ardmore_Sooner
3/2/2006, 01:11 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated!