PDA

View Full Version : Baylor Sunshine Pumping

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2006, 10:27 PM
Okay, I'm just ecstatic over our victory against Bobby Knight's Texas Tech.
Great win for our program; even if it has little significance outside of Waco.

The media didn't give us any chance to win even one conference game this season after having our non-conference schedule stripped by sanctions. Coach Drew has delivered us 4 exciting wins while recuriting like a badass MoFo.

Big XII Basketball; here comes Baylor!

Ruuuuuufus
3/1/2006, 10:29 PM
I thought something was up when I saw the line was even.

OUstud
3/1/2006, 11:04 PM
Congrats BU.

3/1/2006, 11:15 PM
Glad there isn't a BCS "quality wins" formula for hoops.

jccouger
3/1/2006, 11:48 PM
Congrats. Good win.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/2/2006, 10:34 AM

The media didn't give us any chance to win even one conference game this season after having our non-conference schedule stripped by sanctions. Coach Drew has delivered us 4 exciting wins while recuriting like a badass MoFo.

With a couple of the players you have and the recruits you have coming you might be an NCAA tourney team in a year or two, seriously. Future looks respectable at worst.

Just don't take it too personally if I call Missouri the "New Baylor".:D

crawfish
3/2/2006, 10:39 AM
Baylor would've been a very good team this year without the sanctions (and the players they lost). A four- or five-seed wouldn't have been out of the question.

SoonerShark
3/2/2006, 10:43 AM
Baylor scored 51 in the second half, didn't they? That is a lot of points in the Big XII, nowadays. Good job Bears!

IronSooner
3/2/2006, 12:00 PM
Pretty impressive...good jorb. Will be interesting to see how the league shapes up next season.

AustinTXHorn
3/2/2006, 12:24 PM
I've been saying that if Baylor had gotten to play an OOC schedule, they might be on the bubble right now. They aren't behind any of the middle of the pack teams (A&M, Tech, Nebraska, etc.) by much at all.

Jay C. Upchurch
3/2/2006, 12:34 PM
Not sure Texas A&M deserves to be described as a "middle-of-the-pack" team with a 19-7 record and a 9-6 conference mark that has them locked onto a first-round by in Dallas.

AustinTXHorn
3/2/2006, 12:38 PM
Not sure Texas A&M deserves to be described as a "middle-of-the-pack" team with a 19-7 record and a 9-6 conference mark that has them locked onto a first-round by in Dallas.
Good point...I guess you could just say I'm calling middle of the pack anywhere between 4 and 9.

They will be dangerous next year.

LSUdeek
3/2/2006, 01:22 PM

Stay out of Louisiana and stay away from our kids!!!!!

There's no way that Tweety ought to be going to Baylor. DJ ought not to be going to Texas either.

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2006, 02:05 PM
Even better,
Knight had to be restrained after the game by Baylor Police when he took after a student in the Bear Pit (student section) for chanting "Bobby you lost it."

No kidding.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
3/3/2006, 10:12 AM
Even better,
Knight had to be restrained after the game by Baylor Police when he took after a student in the Bear Pit (student section) for chanting "Bobby you lost it."

No kidding.

That is because Booby Night is a class act!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
3/3/2006, 10:14 AM

OK, so my mind is moving faster than my fingers today, but I actually like this typo!

BarryBnds
3/3/2006, 01:25 PM

With 3 rings and more wins than any other coach in America when he's done.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
3/3/2006, 03:09 PM
I am not debating his coaching abilities. He has proven that, although, he hasn't much luck lately and it is hard to recruit to Lubbock in basketball because of the other schools in the conference. However, the guys is classless. Unfortunately with him being in Lubbock, where there is nothing else, he is the only thing. They think he is God and he can't do anything worng. Even with the salad incident, they wanted to fire the chancelor, not Knight. He has no respect for authority or anybody not loyal to him and I still hate him for calling Sampson and OU classless.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/3/2006, 03:18 PM
Baylor will be like Valpo with better players in a few years ;)

3/3/2006, 03:20 PM
I like to see Baylor rising above their recent troubles.

Well, at least the Christian side of me does.

Flagstaffsooner
3/3/2006, 03:56 PM
Even better,

No kidding.[Connie Chung voice]Bobby, just lay down and enjoy it.[/Connie Chung voice]