PDA

View Full Version : When will Arkansas get with the program.....

AllAboutThe'O'
3/1/2006, 08:37 PM
and raise its speed limit to 65? Got caught for speeding around Waldron today (driving 66 down the U.S. 71 straightaway in a 55-mph zone) and needless to say, I'm still perturbed about it. I mean, Oklahoma's 65, Louisiana's 65, Texas is 65. Why not Arkansas? Will the honorable governor stop worrying about trying to lose weight and start raising the speed limit? I swear, some of the things they say about the state of Arkansas can be disgustingly true sometimes.

IronSooner
3/1/2006, 08:41 PM
I dunno, but a cop pulled me over on I-40 in Arkansas a few years ago as I was still speeding at the beginning of the construction zone. 70-ish in a 55 or 60. He said he couldn't give me a ticket (?), explained why the highway was so bumpy, and let me go. No complaints here yet.

BoogercountySooner
3/1/2006, 08:48 PM
You know sometimes what people say about people and stuff from every state is true.:rolleyes:

oumartin
3/1/2006, 09:06 PM
now wait a sec. they had a higher speed limit a few years back did they not?
when I was around hoxie and walnut ridge I could swear it was 65. course i could be wrong

AllAboutThe'O'
3/1/2006, 09:09 PM
now wait a sec. they had a higher speed limit a few years back did they not?
when I was around hoxie and walnut ridge I could swear it was 65. course i could be wrong
I'm guessing for the non-interstate main U.S. highways that go four-lane, they raise it to 65. That's the case for U.S. 71 between Ashdown and Texarkana, it's 65 for most of the way. Also for the new bypass from Texarkana close to the Louisiana line, it's 65. But you would think that at least they could go up to 65 for all the U.S. highways in the state, two lanes or four.

Okla-homey
3/1/2006, 09:13 PM
I'm just glad the Supremes said this week Arkansas had to deal with us over all that chicken poop* they're letting drain into OUr state.:D

(Arkie bastages contended in Federal court that we didn't have a say about it and they got slapped down.)

* the PC term is "poultry litter."

SoonerProphet
3/1/2006, 09:13 PM
my momma was born in waldron. great grandparents used to live there, small town.

oumartin
3/1/2006, 09:14 PM
great grandparents used to live their

how do you know they were so great?

AllAboutThe'O'
3/1/2006, 09:21 PM
my momma was born in waldron. great grandparents used to live there, small town.
Well, just so you know, whenever you drive through Waldron on U.S. 71 (not exactly through Waldron, it's more a bypass than anything else), slow down on that speedway from the Ark. 80 intersection to the 71B intersection south of town.
Otherwise, you're right, it's probably not a bad place to live.