PDA

View Full Version : SHUT UP MACK BROWN!

Vegas Sooner
3/1/2006, 04:04 PM
Mack Brown needs to shut up about Vince and the wonderlic test. He also said that he has been criticized more than any other QB he has ever been around................................. Did he forget he coached Simms.. What an idiot!

Ardmore_Sooner
3/1/2006, 04:06 PM
I'm confused on why the picture of Stoops is next to the title of this thread.....

BASSooner
3/1/2006, 04:07 PM
all he does is suck up to the media and show off. That's ALL he ever does.

caphorns
3/1/2006, 04:26 PM
He also said that he has been [read:WRONGLY] criticized more than any other QB he has ever been around

There. That should fix that one for Mack.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/1/2006, 04:36 PM
There. That should fix that one for Mack.Da*n, where is tuesday when you need it?

NormanPride
3/1/2006, 04:45 PM

You know, before this year, I'd say all the criticisms were pretty dead-on.

caphorns
3/1/2006, 04:52 PM
You know, before this year, I'd say ALL the criticisms were pretty dead-on.

Not even remotely close. Many pundits had him never making it as a passer and convinced he could never succeed even at the college level with his throwing motion. Others questioned his ability to win the big game. Some criticism was fair, but most of it was prospective crap flung at him like he had no chance of improvement. Also I'd say 90% of the criticism I heard never recognized the problems he was dealing with - namely a very inexperienced receiving corps. It's funny that so many people now have no problem excusing Jay Cutler's stats based on his lack of support.

slickdawg
3/1/2006, 04:58 PM
Vanderbilt has NEVER had a top 10 recruiting class, much less several in succession.

NormanPride
3/1/2006, 04:59 PM
Cappy, come on. I know you read my post. I said until this year. You whorns seriously need to calm down about Vince. He's gone.

And as for inexperienced receivers, Bomar seemed to do okay, and he doesn't have Vince's legs or OLine. And comparing your WRs to Vandy's is asinine.

Octavian
3/1/2006, 05:25 PM
Not even remotely close. Many pundits had him never making it as a passer and convinced he could never succeed even at the college level with his throwing motion. Others questioned his ability to win the big game. Some criticism was fair, but most of it was prospective crap flung at him like he had no chance of improvement. Also I'd say 90% of the criticism I heard never recognized the problems he was dealing with - namely a very inexperienced receiving corps. It's funny that so many people now have no problem excusing Jay Cutler's stats based on his lack of support.

Well, when you're a QB w/ an awkward throwing motion....a God-given WRs body....an 0-2 record against Oklahoma....w/ teamates like one of the leading rushers in college football history, a Butkus winner, and TFRW.....what were fans and pundits supposed to say?

He hadn't won in Dallas (and hence, had never been in the NC race), hadn't played in a BigXII title game, still had GD above him....the questions were more than valid.

caphorns
3/1/2006, 05:42 PM
My point is that the things said about Vince were disproven by his play this year - not because they were valid criticism. These were statements essentially flung at him like poo. That's pretty much what 95% of the sports writers in this country do. Fling poo.

I agree with you that he disproved the doubters this year - with the exception of the two weeks leading into the Heisman vote and the week before the combine. Let the poo flinging continue.

Vegas Sooner
3/1/2006, 06:26 PM

Thanks for catching that

Soonerus
3/1/2006, 06:28 PM
Vince - who ????

BASSooner
3/1/2006, 06:52 PM
Lombardi

MiccoMacey
3/1/2006, 07:18 PM
That's pretty much what 95% of the sports writers in this country do. Fling poo.

Except that they were 100% dead on until this year. He did nothing on the field to say he was anything more than a decent QB until the Rose Bowl 2005.

I'm the first to say I was wrong about him with my predictions about his future play at the beginning of this year. But I was right in everything I said about his past. And so were all the reporters.

(Did I just stick up for reporters? I must go shower now).

SouthFortySooner
3/1/2006, 11:13 PM
The only time I ever heard a reporter speak on Vinces' throwing motion was during the TEX<OU game when they were trying to find something to talk about other than the shellacking they were receiving.

Was there ever a real problem other than NATIONAL TELEVISION boredom?

opksooner
3/1/2006, 11:32 PM
Just got here. Did someone say.......................?

http://www.up-ship.com/Stuff/Humor/hum091.gif

Vegas Sooner
3/3/2006, 11:45 AM
nice

Desert Sapper
3/3/2006, 12:13 PM
That's pretty much what 95% of the sports writers in this country do. Fling poo.

Hmmmm....I actually find myself agreeing with this statement. Not the context, but the statement on its own. Were it coming from anyone but a Whorn in defense of Vinny, I would agree with it. As it is, VY sucked a$$ before this year. You can make all the excuses you like. He sucked. He put up some big passing numbers this year, and he was a one-man show against suc. Now he doesn't suck as much. But he still sucks.

Herr Scholz
3/3/2006, 12:13 PM
nice
Vegas, Mack Brown's an idiot for defending one of his players (a player who has been oft criticized in his career, usually unfairly)? Many would say that's a commendable trait.

Desert Sapper
3/3/2006, 12:24 PM
Mack Brown's an idiot

Wow, I am agreeing out of context with too many whorns today.

Vegas Sooner
3/3/2006, 01:28 PM
Vegas, Mack Brown's an idiot for defending one of his players (a player who has been oft criticized in his career, usually unfairly)? Many would say that's a commendable trait.

.........."I'll answer that for Chris."

Mack is such a vag. Simms was criticized more than VY. Mack was a "genious" for making Major ride the pine for Chrissy. Mack is just trying to get TV time.

Herr Scholz
3/3/2006, 01:41 PM
Mack cares about his players. That's it. He was more happy for everyone else after the Rose Bowl than he was for himself. He's a good guy.

NormanPride
3/3/2006, 01:49 PM
I don't criticize Mack that much for defending his players, but the way he did it is pretty stupid. Instead of just touting all the great things that Vince has done he chooses to whine about not getting respect. Maybe he doesn't get respect because he whines all the time?

RacerX
3/3/2006, 01:56 PM
I'm sure the score was the result of "I'll take that test for Vince", Mack "Bear" Brown.

TJKDone
3/3/2006, 02:41 PM
all he does is suck up to the media and show off. That's ALL he ever does.

Lets not forget about that National Title a little while back:D

Hook'em

BASSooner
3/3/2006, 03:38 PM

Hook'em
heh we both have crystal balls buddy.

Vegas Sooner
3/3/2006, 05:22 PM

Hook'em

It is so funny b/c every Texas fan I know would like to see Mack get the boot. ..Now they are stuck w/ him.

BASSooner
3/3/2006, 05:27 PM
It is so funny b/c every Texas fan I know would like to see Mack get the boot. ..Now they are stuck w/ him.
What's funnier is we don't call for our coach's head when we go 8-4 while they do going 10-2 or 11-1....

Herr Scholz
3/3/2006, 06:08 PM
Before this season, we were calling for Greg Davis' head, not Mack's. Mack's the CEO of the program and brings in the talent. We just thought Davis wasted the offensive talent we'd been getting. We'll see how he does this next season without Vince.

BASSooner
3/3/2006, 06:45 PM
Oh they were calling for his head too. I have a ton of horn friends. They wanted the clapper's head too.

footballfanatic
3/3/2006, 11:58 PM
Hmmmm....I actually find myself agreeing with this statement. Not the context, but the statement on its own. Were it coming from anyone but a Whorn in defense of Vinny, I would agree with it. As it is, VY sucked a$$ before this year. You can make all the excuses you like. He sucked. He put up some big passing numbers this year, and he was a one-man show against suc. Now he doesn't suck as much. But he still sucks.

College Football News this week called him possibly the greatest college QB of all time. Regardless if he is or not, he must have done something right. Vince sucks? That means 97% of all the other college QB's must have really sucked beyond all belief. No, my friend, Vince was a once-in-a-lifetime player. Give him a few years--he'll be a star in the NFL, as well.

BASSooner
3/4/2006, 02:20 AM
College Football News this week called him possibly the greatest college QB of all time. Regardless if he is or not, he must have done something right. Vince sucks? That means 97% of all the other college QB's must have really sucked beyond all belief. No, my friend, Vince was a once-in-a-lifetime player. Give him a few years--he'll be a star in the NFL, as well.
That is all of a matter of opinion. Yeah he was great this year. He came out of the closet. NFL will be interesting to him. He'll either be a star or a bust. That's all I can say

Octavian
3/4/2006, 03:31 AM
Though it's funny that VY is now legally retarded, I dont give two ****s what happens to him or anyone else in the NFL. Young had an incredible college football season as a QB and deserves credit...as does Jason, Heupel, Jamelle, etc...

As for Mack I think this is pretty accurate...

Mack's the CEO of the program...

A good PR man who can (after 2 seasons) realize he needs to step aside when told to....he's no Bobby but he can obviously recruit.

A good argument could be made that Mack's biggest weakness is actually a character strength - loyalty (Switzer right again). He should've parted ways w/ GD years ago.

TJKDone
3/4/2006, 10:40 AM
Oh they were calling for his head too. I have a ton of horn friends. They wanted the clapper's head too.

Your insight into the mind of Texas fans is always a thing to behold.:D

Hook'em

Vegas Sooner
3/7/2006, 06:01 PM
Before this season, we were calling for Greg Davis' head, not Mack's. Mack's the CEO of the program and brings in the talent. We just thought Davis wasted the offensive talent we'd been getting. We'll see how he does this next season without Vince.

No............ Have you ever heard of a little addy called firemackbrown.com

I think that is calling for Mack's head.

Herr Scholz
3/7/2006, 06:09 PM
I live in Austin. People wanted GD gone, not Mack. People were certainly frustrated with Mack for hanging onto his buddy too long (until this year of course ;) ), but they didn't want him fired.

BTW, a single person can start a website, and who's to say an aggy didn't create that to cause dissention?

BASSooner
3/7/2006, 06:27 PM
(I know it's tuesday but i just need to say just one more thing!!!!!) Well you probably havn't heard but horn fans outside of austin wanted mack's head too.

Vegas Sooner
3/9/2006, 06:30 PM
I live in Austin. People wanted GD gone, not Mack. People were certainly frustrated with Mack for hanging onto his buddy too long (until this year of course ;) ), but they didn't want him fired.

BTW, a single person can start a website, and who's to say an aggy didn't create that to cause dissention?

come on...give me a break. The students and Alum wanted him gone.....

sooneron
3/10/2006, 02:03 PM

It's nice that people are giving GD so much credit for his "coaching" of vy.