PDA

View Full Version : Being a bit of a sadist, and always enjoying aggie teeth-gnashing...

TopDawg
2/28/2006, 08:22 PM
I tuned into the SportsAnimal tonight. Apparently this blocking call at the end of the game has become a source of considerable controversy among our Poke and so-called neutral friends.

Aren't these the same Pokes who were crying that the refs didn't blow the whistle when they made LESS contact in the final seconds against Texas Tech?

GrapevineSooner
2/28/2006, 09:25 PM
Like I told Tramel in an email about his ridiculous story this morning.

There was so much contact that Jim Burr had no choice but to make a call. And video evidence backs him on this claim.

If Eaton simply pressures Everett up the sideline, guess what Pokies?

The call doesn't get made.

In other words, your boy forced the ref to make a call he'd rather not make.

walkoffsooner
2/28/2006, 09:31 PM
It was a good call.On a stupid play, but things like that happen when your caught up in a game's intensity.

TopDawg
2/28/2006, 09:32 PM
Against Tech they wanted to force it, but didn't. Blamed the refs.

Against us they didn't want to force it, but did. Blamed the refs.

stoopified
2/28/2006, 10:48 PM
What else can you expect from the Payne County Drink'n Drive Club?

picasso
3/1/2006, 12:04 AM
Like I told Tramel in an email about his ridiculous story this morning.

There was so much contact that Jim Burr had no choice but to make a call. And video evidence backs him on this claim.

If Eaton simply pressures Everett up the sideline, guess what Pokies?

The call doesn't get made.

In other words, your boy forced the ref to make a call he'd rather not make.
I emailed the other one9Tramel) at the Tulsa World. Asked him why he didn't mention the fact that it was a bonehead play for Eaton to even try that move. All he had to do was keep him from going up the middle and the game is probably over.
Tram emailed me back and said great point, the heck was he doing over there anywho.

jdsooner
3/1/2006, 12:09 AM
On stoolwater radio, yes they actually have radio in stoolwater, robert allen said it was a block and greg swaim said it was not. Most osu fans in the north central Oklahoma area are convinced that they got robbed.

As for me, I flew my OU car flag in Ponca for the first time in a long time. I admitted that Bookout traveled, but I contend it was the correct call. Bookout had been called for a block in the lane earlier and had better position than Eaton.

picasso
3/1/2006, 12:19 AM
you've got to be delusional to think a ref is going to call a charge at midcourt on the sidelines in that situation. there's no friggin way, home team or not.

unless you're standing there the entire time, squatting, with arms crossed on chest, then maybe. maybe.;)

sooner518
3/1/2006, 12:51 AM
why do OSU fans call OU "U of O" ? is that supposed to be some insult? i dont get it

OUTromBoNado
3/1/2006, 02:14 AM
That foul on Eaton had to be called one way or the other. Either against Eaton as a block or against Everett as a charge. The fact that contact was made causing a player to go to the floor and the ball/ball-handler to go out-of-bounds forced the call. If that had been in the middle of the floor, there might not have been a call at all...instead the ball would have been allowed to run loose (didn't Everett lose control of the ball) for a scramble.

Now, whether or not the call should have been a block or a charge is a different story. I personally thought it was very close. I didn't think Eaton was completely set. It looked like he just tried to step in at the last second. Unfortunately, I'm one of those poor souls without DVR, so I can't replay it.

TopDawg
3/1/2006, 09:35 AM
why do OSU fans call OU "U of O" ? is that supposed to be some insult? i dont get it

Stupid gooner. :rolleyes:

scotplum
3/1/2006, 10:54 AM

Don't you mean Zero-U? Them aggies are some creative fellows. :)

Rhino
3/1/2006, 12:23 PM
Swooners.

Pricetag
3/1/2006, 01:03 PM
Bringing up the Bookout travel is weak. That's an indictment of how the entire game of basketball has been called over the past several years, not this game in particular. They're not nearly as picky about it as they once were, particularly when the player has a breakaway. The fact that it happened so close to the end in such a pivotal situation doesn't make it any worse than any of the thousands of other travels that go uncalled.

Did anyone catch Traber trying to compare this to the OU-Texas Tech football game this year? Ridiculous. When people pointed out that the correct call was made, he went back to the travel.

TopDawg
3/1/2006, 01:07 PM
To compare this to the OU/Tech football game is ridiculous.

If Everett would've missed his free throws but the refs would've counted them anyway, then I would welcome the comparisons.

msteudem
3/1/2006, 03:12 PM
The way some of the "talking heads" talk you would've thought the refs gave us 2 pts on that call. Hello?! Terrell had to actually go to the line and make the free throws. If oswho fans want to gripe, let them gripe about Curry not doing the same thing 2 plays earlier and making his free throws.

Jim Traber on SA kept comparing the last call incident to the OU TTech Football game where we got screwed. I don't know how a person can compare the two but what doya expect from a homer?

TopDawg
3/1/2006, 04:37 PM
Traber's an idiot. There's nothing wrong with comparing the two plays, as long as the comparison goes something like this: "The end of the OU/Tech football game and the end of the OU/OSU basketball game are nothing alike."

I've given an example of how the OU/OSU basketball game could've been more like the OU/Tech football game, but to flip the script, in order for the OU/Tech basketball game to be more like the OU/OSU basketball game, one of our guys would've had to have been whistled for a questionable (but correct) pass interference call on an incomplete pass into the endzone on the final play of the game (giving Tech one more chance to score).

Jimminy Crimson
3/1/2006, 04:52 PM
Gentlemen, gentlemen! <phut! phut! phut!> All these OU skullions want to call me an OSU homer... Listen up! <phut! phut! phut!>

RacerX
3/2/2006, 12:54 AM
Traber's an idiot.

You could get at least a 16 on the wunderlic.

RacerX
3/2/2006, 12:54 AM
Dirt Burglars

NUSooner
3/2/2006, 01:15 AM
Basically it's like the Ohio State-Miami overtime pass interference call...

And if you are going to compare anything to the OU-TT football game, it would be the OU-TT basketball game a few years ago...

Stoop Dawg
3/2/2006, 07:53 PM
What kind of an idiot tries to draw a charge at mid court with 0.6 seconds left and up by 1?

A Cowboy, that's who.