PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else a bit worried

TopDaugIn2000
2/28/2006, 08:01 PM
about tonight's women's game vs. ttech???

their last game at home of the season
in lubbock
sr. night
trying to break our undefeated big 12 record
coach is leaving
etc
etc
etc

GO GIRLS!!!!

walkoffsooner
2/28/2006, 09:44 PM
No I am not worried these girl's are 20 points better than tech.At tech we win 8-12 points.I was wrong once but I got it blamed on someone else.

SnappyDaze
2/28/2006, 10:33 PM
Yes, I am. It has the makings of a trap game.

ouflak
3/1/2006, 06:02 AM
It is very much a trap game, but that doesn't mean we can't win it. We'll just have to fight through a lot more than what's on paper to win the thing.

crawfish
3/1/2006, 08:52 AM
Definitely worried. Tech will be on fire, we'll need our best effort to win.

BoomerJack
3/1/2006, 09:09 AM
I'm worried as well for all the reasons above.

A question or two. If OU wins tonite, will it be the first time a women's team has gone undefeated in Big XII conference play? If so, how important is it to do so?

On one hand, it would be nice feather in Sherri Coale's cap as well as for the program. It could also have a strong bearing on NCAA tourney seeding, etc. On the other hand, Coale could reduce the number of minutes the front line players get tonite thus reducing chances for injury and also giving reserves playing time in case they're needed in the Conf. tourney and the NCAA tourney.

Sooner04
3/1/2006, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't mind a loss tonight. It would certainly be a wake up call to the team and proof that they still have room to improve.

I hate going into the Tournament on a big winning streak.

jk the sooner fan
3/1/2006, 09:59 AM
i'm with 04, a loss tonite really only serves as a useful tool for Coach....it wont hurt our standings whatsoever

a mere blip on the radar

TopDaugIn2000
3/1/2006, 10:00 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/1/2006, 10:02 AM
i'm with 04, a loss tonite really only serves as a useful tool for Coach....it wont hurt our standings whatsoever

a mere blip on the radar

Ditto

always great if you win but a loss tonight won't have any effect on postseason, except maybe deflect attention away from a long win streak.

ouflak
3/1/2006, 10:22 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with TopDaugh on this one. In no way will I endorse any loss.

I don't think our minutes are an issue as we've had so many conference games where our starters played less than 30 minutes anyway since we were dominating the game so handily. Winning breeds more winning and I want to breed more winning with these women,... no ... I mean, I want these women to keep on breeding more winning ... for me... for us .... You guys know what I mean.

jk the sooner fan
3/1/2006, 10:26 AM
i'm not endorsing a loss.......i'm just not worried about it having any impact if it happens

Jay C. Upchurch
3/1/2006, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't mind a loss tonight. It would certainly be a wake up call to the team and proof that they still have room to improve.

Agreed. Not that you ever hope for a loss or accept it as OK. But a loss in this situation would not hurt this team, and instead, would probably supply a needed dose of reality.

This team has lots of youth, and the weight (and pressure) of a long winning streak at this point might keep this group from playing as loose as they normally would.

ouflak
3/1/2006, 10:38 AM
Ok, if you guys really think this team needs some reality, why not bring a sick child in a wheelchair out during halftime and have the team give the kid a shirt or something? Then go out and beat the !&%*$# out of Tech.

TopDaugIn2000
3/1/2006, 10:39 AM
heh

NormanPride
3/1/2006, 01:10 PM
I'd rather them win tonight and go out early in the Big 12 tourney for some needed rest...

But more than that, I'd rather have them never lose again!

SoonerGirl1201
3/1/2006, 05:56 PM
I think there is no question that OU is the better team. The emotion will definitely be on Tech's side early with it being:
-Senior Night
-Sharp's last game at the Tech gym
-Opportunity to keep OU from being 1st undefeated team in Big 12
-Playing for NCAA birth

However, I think sometimes emotion can be just as much of a hinderance. I think my biggest concern is with the officiating. Women's refs are not the greatest to begin with - but add with it the 'last home game of a legend' and that is a recipe for some serious home cooking.

If the refs keep it even, I think OUr talent wins out. With whatever happens - here's to Courtney breaking the 24 year old NCAA Frosh rebounding record tonight! She needs 12 boards tonight to break the record!

Boomer Sooner!

KC//CRIMSON
3/1/2006, 06:16 PM
about tonight's women's game vs. ttech???

their last game at home of the season
in lubbock
sr. night
trying to break our undefeated big 12 record
coach is leaving
etc
etc
etc

GO GIRLS!!!!

jinx much?

;)

mdklatt
3/1/2006, 06:35 PM
If OU wins tonite, will it be the first time a women's team has gone undefeated in Big XII conference play?

Yes.

JohnnyMack
3/1/2006, 08:03 PM
http://www.fivedigits.net/pix/phun/itsatrap.jpg

NormanPride
3/1/2006, 10:08 PM
I'm not really worried anymore. :D :D :D :D :D

Way to go girls!

TopDaugIn2000
3/1/2006, 10:09 PM
WHEW!

walkoffsooner