PDA

View Full Version : Nate Carter....

SoonerAcesUp
2/28/2006, 07:07 PM
...is coming into his own and gives us another offensive threat which we will need going into the tourney. He made some great moves last night in taking his man to the bucket. First game that I can remember where he has been in at the end instead of Godbold. I like our lineup with him in the game because he poses as a big matchup problem since he can go inside and then go outside depending on who is guarding him.

MojoRisen
2/28/2006, 07:36 PM
2nd that- he plays hard. Good ball player.

sooner518
2/28/2006, 09:42 PM
i really really like his defensive play. HEs tall ubt pretty quick to bother those guards who like to pull up for jumpers. and hes really physical.

the_ouskull
2/28/2006, 10:54 PM
Yep. He's finally healthy. His foot has been giving him grief all year long, so, rather than risk hurting it, he's been playing really limited minutes compared to his skill level. (A lot of guys on the team will tell you he's the best player...) Now, he's healed up well, and he's hungry to prove that the beginning of the season was a fluke, not these last few games.

the_ouskull

stoopified
2/28/2006, 11:53 PM
Cater is also more of an inside player which could lead Sampson away from his three guard offense.This would be good sense we only have three true guards in Everett,Johnson,Neal( not counting Walker for obvious reasons.This move away from three guards could hold for next year as we will have only Neal and Austin along with Crockett (Crocker?) and Reynolds on next years roster.

the_ouskull
3/1/2006, 10:03 AM
Well, it's not even that Carter is more of an inside player, so much as he's just a lot better at it. He's got the handle (although he tends to be REALLY left-dominant when dribbling and driving) and the jumper to play on the perimeter... but he's just sooooo much stronger than anybody that is generally stuck guarding him that his playing post is just a no-brainer...

Oh, to be young and have HIS problems. Lol. :D

the_ouskull

NormanPride
3/1/2006, 01:15 PM
He's growing up before our very eyes. ;)