PDA

View Full Version : 34%

Octavian
2/28/2006, 04:20 PM
Well, its not exactly Wonderlic bad but it's not good:

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7002596418

GOP leaders claim the poll is skewed by communist subversives at CBS. They'd also like to remind us that they don't pay attention to polls unless they're favorable anyways.

Fugue
2/28/2006, 04:21 PM
look at the breakdown of who they asked.

NormanPride
2/28/2006, 04:24 PM
It's like a game now. "Hey, everybody! Let's see how low we can get his approval ratings!" At this point, people vote no just because they feel like they're supposed to. I'm no Bush supporter, but I've often thought polls like this are stupid.

OklahomaTuba
2/28/2006, 04:28 PM
Heh. SeeBS "news".

As bad as they are, at least they aren't Jimmy Carter numbers.

Fugue
2/28/2006, 04:28 PM
out of 1000+

270+ repubs
400+ dems
330+ ind.

NormanPride
2/28/2006, 04:32 PM
So, 730 people that think it's funny to make fun of the president no matter how well/bad he does and 270 people that wouldn't disagree with him if he decided to bomb their house? :D

Fugue
2/28/2006, 04:33 PM
So, 730 people that think it's funny to make fun of the president no matter how well/bad he does and 270 people that wouldn't disagree with him if he decided to bomb their house? :D

Ed Zachary :D

OklahomaTuba
2/28/2006, 04:42 PM
out of 1000+

270+ repubs
400+ dems
330+ ind.

Thats "See BS" news for you.

The only difference between see bs news and newsmax is money, and some tv cameras. Infact,
Newsmax probably has more cred then that network has.

colleyvillesooner
2/28/2006, 04:42 PM
Heh. SeeBS "news".

That reeks of UT's "Overal Series" smack. ;)

Harry Beanbag
2/28/2006, 04:45 PM
Why did the original link change?

OklahomaTuba
2/28/2006, 04:46 PM
That reeks of UT's "Overal Series" smack. ;)
Sorta does, I admit.

I think Bush is really the 2nd coming of Truman IMO.

Vaevictis
2/28/2006, 04:54 PM

Not yet. He's got two more years to go, and I don't know about you, but I suspect that in that time period, the Middle East will continue going to hell in a handbasket and energy prices will continue to rise.

Unless he can seriously turn around the situation, he may yet get there. And now with some Republicans in Congress starting to experience independent thought again, he may start having to deal with a legislative branch doing its Constitutionally mandated duty.

It's going to get worse for him before it gets better.

soonerscuba
2/28/2006, 04:58 PM
That is pretty bizarre on the independents. The lack of Republicans versus Democrats is pretty standard as Democrats outnumber Republicans, this isn't shown at the polls because W doesn't let black folks vote. ;)

Keep in mind that polls like this are representative to actual population, not voting population and if done right, a 1000 people can give you a pretty good picture. For example, polls before the election this year were showing it was going to be tight. They were right.

soonerscuba
2/28/2006, 05:01 PM
Unless he can seriously turn around the situation, he may yet get there. And now with some Republicans in Congress starting to experience independent thought again, he may start having to deal with a legislative branch doing its Constitutionally mandated duty.

It isn't super smart politics to attach yourself to the coattails of Mr. 40%. I am going to be very interested to see who jumps ship this fall on a whole bevy of bad policy.

BoomerJack
2/28/2006, 05:13 PM
It isn't super smart politics to attach yourself to the coattails of Mr. 40%. I am going to be very interested to see who jumps ship this fall on a whole bevy of bad policy.

I think they're already starting to jump ship. A week or two ago, GDub went to Pennsylvania for some fundraiser or something and Sen. Santorum was no where to be seen.

Also, it'll be interesting to see how this 45 day period to delay the "takeover" of these ports will pan out. A lot of members of Congress say there's gonna be legislation to block. This includes Delay, Hastert and Frist. GDub says he'll vetoe it and the Congressfolk say they'll override. I can't wait to see which ones, the legislative or executive, will flip-flop. IMO, that's all this 45 day period is for. Just to work something out so that all of them can save face.

Also, somewhere above, somebody said that respondents to the CBS poll were making fun of GDub. I used to make fun of him too. But he's not funny anymore.

Hatfield
2/28/2006, 05:32 PM
cheney is apparently at 18%.

I am more concerned with the figures in the latest zogby poll regarding the troops and their opinions on what is going on

85Sooner
2/28/2006, 05:40 PM
I am sick of all of em. We need some of our best farkers here to create a bumper sticker and start a movement to flush the trash

Something like
"2006/2008 Vote to Flush The Trash"
IF YOUR IN? YOUR OUT
"no incumbents re-elected"

MojoRisen
2/28/2006, 05:47 PM

Right- no doubt... I hope some young people can step up and start making decisions- "it is not what this country can do for you but what you can do for your country!"

When we have a battle for power again next election- people can step up to the plate... until then who cares about BS popular polls.

Our issues though seperated in lot of ways- get voted on by a couple of issues not- policy in 70% of the population. it's a joke...

JohnnyMack
2/28/2006, 06:00 PM
look at the breakdown of who they asked.

I don't see that, am I looking in the wrong place?

Octavian
2/28/2006, 06:04 PM
out of 1000+

270+ repubs
400+ dems
330+ ind.

You're right and I didn't see that. Here is CBS's response:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2006/02/28/publiceye/entry1352504.shtml

Some will no doubt seize on the fact that the latest CBS News sample is a few points more Democratic on party ID (37%) than on their last three surveys (34% in late January, 33% in early January and 32% in December), although the Republican percentage (28%) is about the same as the last three surveys (27%, 29% and 28% respectively). However, the difference in the party results does not explain the drop in the Bush job rating, which occurs across all three categories.

I'm by no means an expert on polling...BigRedRon should be around here sometime today ;)

Octavian
2/28/2006, 06:06 PM
Why did the original link change?

Sorry the newer link is teh succ...

It changed b/c the origninal link had the overrall approval rating listed incorrectly at 37%....I'll try to find it again and post it

Octavian
2/28/2006, 06:22 PM
ehh...CBS doesn't have the poll page up anymore for some reason.

I guess I'll go ahead and agree w/ whoever rated my thread a 1-star ;)