PDA

View Full Version : Wish Me Luck

GrapevineSooner
2/28/2006, 03:06 PM
On two fronts.

First, I have a job interview in dowtown Fort Worth tomorrow that would not only give me a nice raise, but would significantly cut down on my daily work commute.

Second, our epilleptic dog, Deja, had another seizure last night. :(

She's had the condition for well over three years and for the past six months, her vet has tried Phenobarb and Prednisone to help treat the condition. She's been on Prednisone for the past month but has already had two seizures.

My wife is calling the vet today to see what they recommend. She's been a part of our family since my wife and I got married (Deja's actually my wife's dog). We've tried to prepare ourselves for this eventuality over the past three years knowing that at some point, it would be simply inhumane to continue to allow her to go through this.

But I can't say I'm 100% prepared to let her go just yet.

Soonrboy
2/28/2006, 03:17 PM
man, those seizures suck...our golden is on Phenol, but she had 3 over the weekend. It has affected her mentally too. She is not the same dog she was

Good luck on the interview though.

OUHOMER
2/28/2006, 06:21 PM
we had too put down ours after about 12 years. he was not the same dog, it was hard but had to be done. There was no way I could watch him go through another seizure. We both work and there is no way of knowing what he went through during the day. So i had the vet put him down...

Got a new puppy about 4 months later. A pug and hes cool, new attitude fun dog..

good luck on both fronts

GrapevineSooner
2/28/2006, 09:21 PM
Well, the vet is having us up her dosage from one pill to two pills.

We'll see how that goes.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/28/2006, 09:55 PM
keep us posted on both fronts