PDA

View Full Version : Can someone post video of Bookout's dunk?

Grimey
2/28/2006, 12:51 PM
I know it looked awkward, but I really didn't think he travelled. I would like to see it again if anyone can post it.

Grimey
2/28/2006, 12:56 PM
never mind, ESPN has it dunk (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=260580201)

He caught the ball in the air, jump stopped and took two steps. Why is everyone thinking he travelled? At the very least, it is not 'obvious travelling' like some are saying.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/28/2006, 01:02 PM
because the "jump stop" is step one. i don't think anyone is saying it was obvious travelling because it wasn't. you see the same move on just about every breakaway dunk...

NormanPride
2/28/2006, 02:11 PM
See, that's the thing. If it had been in the lane, nobody would even think about it. But since he was wide open, everyone calls foul.

SoonerDood
2/28/2006, 05:50 PM
never mind, ESPN has it dunk (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=260580201)

He caught the ball in the air, jump stopped and took two steps. Why is everyone thinking he travelled? At the very least, it is not 'obvious travelling' like some are saying.
I was at the game and didn't think he traveled for a second. It was only after I got home that I heard the tooth-gnashing from Aggy Lite.

josh09
2/28/2006, 06:35 PM
he didnt. he took one step, then kinda jump-stopped, then slammed it home

NUSooner
2/28/2006, 07:30 PM
I thought he travelled, but not enough to normally warrant the call...basketball officiating has come to the point where "normally warranting" is the norm for the rule, rather than the written rule.

walkoffsooner
2/28/2006, 09:40 PM
During a game there are walk's-carries-inbound base line violations-players on bench coming on court during play-shirt tails out- all kind's of little calls that could be made or missed.The one's at the end stand out. If they are going to watch a video watch the whole game.I complained at texas tech but I understand they are human and it's a hard job to get right everytime.

MI Sooner
2/28/2006, 09:57 PM
He obviously travelled. There are lots of obvious violations of the rules that go uncalled (carrying, travelling, 3 seconds), but I don't know how anyone can call Bookout's move a jumpstop. So what? Big deal? All the missed calls earlier in the game had about the same impact, but since Bookout's came with 8 seconds left it was greatly magnified. That's somewhat justifiable, since teams can't overcome officiating mistakes at the end of game as easily as mistakes that happen in the first half, but refs are human.

As for missed calls, on a possesion where Curry missed the rim on a three, Sean Sutton was about 5 feet on the court yelling at his team to notice the shot clock was running out. I don't know how the ref standing 3 feet away didn't T him up.

That said, next time the refs screw up a call against OU at the end of the game, I'll probably be the first one bitching (see TTU football).