2/28/2006, 11:52 AM
Crying.

http://www.kansas.com/images/kansas/kansas/12113/146735015598.jpg

boomersooner28
2/28/2006, 01:24 PM
Guess who's coming to town?

Fugue
2/28/2006, 01:44 PM
I encourage all y'all to go out today and let him have it.

Ardmore_Sooner
2/28/2006, 02:37 PM
O we will!

Fugue
2/28/2006, 04:15 PM
O we will!

spek

tru2ou
2/28/2006, 05:28 PM
So let me get this straight, we're supposed to show mercy on a man who drinks and drives, wrecks his car and almost kills people while trying to make the "team" plane. But, if someone realizes a problem and changes their mind, were ok to let them have it with full force.

Seriously, you guys need to gain some prespective.

- tru

Ardmore_Sooner
2/28/2006, 07:07 PM
I am............ kicking OU's butts 7-2 top of the ninth, we left early... :(

sportsproducer
2/28/2006, 10:22 PM
So let me get this straight, we're supposed to show mercy on a man who drinks and drives, wrecks his car and almost kills people while trying to make the "team" plane. But, if someone realizes a problem and changes their mind, were ok to let them have it with full force.

You cal this full force!?! Wow, if it is please let me be the first to make everyone angry. Stephenson embarrased the University and members of the athletic department with what he pulled. there was no issue and I'm glad the fellow went back to Wichita regardless of his win today.

However nobody should be showing mercy on the man who drove drunk either. Give him the respect he deserves but not a free ticket. Had he done the same thing while coaching at any other school he would already officially be gone.

Ardmore_Sooner
3/1/2006, 12:24 AM
12-2 Final, I gotta go lick my wounds.

AustinTXHorn
3/1/2006, 03:11 AM
OU's really gotta get some pitching depth. It killed OU two years ago when they lost a ton of midweek games but nearly won the Big 12. It also killed OU last season. They competed really well in the Oxford regional until the first championship game against Ole Miss when they put up 20-something runs.

BoomerJack
3/1/2006, 08:54 AM
AustinTXHorn: I believe that's what these early season mid-week games are for. Finding out who can be an effective #4 and/or spot starter or long reliever.

OU's starter yesterday, Mittern, was in his first appearance since getting injured last year. He went three innings and it's my guess he was on a pitch count. He did register some K's but an equal number of walks. Not a Cy Young performance but decent, IMO, considering the circumstances. The score at the end of six was 4-2 WSU. Without going back to boxscore to analyze further, it appears to me that the late inning relief for the Sooners didn't hold up.

sportsproducer
3/1/2006, 10:01 AM
Ryan pitched well but you could easily see in the 3rd inning he was really struggling and his arm was hurting. He had ulnar nerve surgery last season. Let's hope he rehabs well. John Brownell, well he's John Brownell. If he is on he is a dandy but when he's off WOW!!!! the opposition can really tee off on him. When Will SAvage came in you could see he was really pushing and he did not pitch his best game and was pulled before the end.

The bats hit well but they left a lot of guys on base. This will be a good team and I beleive by mid April a lot of these young guys will come around on the mound.

tru2ou
3/1/2006, 12:35 PM
You cal this full force!?! Wow, if it is please let me be the first to make everyone angry. Stephenson embarrased the University and members of the athletic department with what he pulled. there was no issue and I'm glad the fellow went back to Wichita regardless of his win today.

If you had any knowledge of the truth regarding the scholarship information for baseball at OU, I might respect your opinion. However, I think my sources are just a tad bit better and I know for a fact that there were problems (4 scholarships too many to be exact). Gene was forced to make a quick decision by OU and he did it based on emotion. I agree, he should have done his homework. However, he recognized the problem and decided to change his mind. Remember, Galloway helped recruit all those players so of course he's going to say there want a problem. I would expect him to say anything else.

- tru

Fugue
3/1/2006, 01:51 PM
If you had any knowledge of the truth regarding the scholarship information for baseball at OU, I might respect your opinion. However, I think my sources are just a tad bit better and I know for a fact that there were problems (4 scholarships too many to be exact). Gene was forced to make a quick decision by OU and he did it based on emotion. I agree, he should have done his homework. However, he recognized the problem and decided to change his mind. Remember, Galloway helped recruit all those players so of course he's going to say there want a problem. I would expect him to say anything else.

- tru

If you think GS went back to WSU because of scholarships, you should find new sources. ;)

sportsproducer
3/1/2006, 01:54 PM
Probalem with that is (As explained to the WSU 3 even before hosting a press conference at LNC) had Golloway not been hired then 2 guys go pro and at least 3 possibly 4 others tranfer out so the scholarship issue dwindles immensly. I have impecable sources on this issue.

I personally do not care. I'm just glad it worked out as it did. I have friends on both staffs. But I think what Coach Gollaway has put together in Norman will benefit much more in th ellong run.

Stephensen would have been a great hire...in 1985 or even 1990.

suncoastsooner7
3/3/2006, 01:39 PM
Probalem with that is (As explained to the WSU 3 even before hosting a press conference at LNC) had Golloway not been hired then 2 guys go pro and at least 3 possibly 4 others tranfer out so the scholarship issue dwindles immensly. I have impecable sources on this issue.

I personally do not care. I'm just glad it worked out as it did. I have friends on both staffs. But I think what Coach Gollaway has put together in Norman will benefit much more in th ellong run.

Stephensen would have been a great hire...in 1985 or even 1990.

Package deal with Kermitz was well worth it I would have rather had Kermitz than either Gene or Sonny.