PDA

View Full Version : A different perspective....

OUAndy1807
2/28/2006, 11:31 AM
all these close games have really gotten me back into the games. It's been a long time since I've been into a game so much that I threw the remote across the room, and it happened for the first time during the Tech game.

I've had season tickets for 8 years, probably missed 12 games or so during that time, and I haven't been this into OU bball since Hollis left.

Red Fox
2/28/2006, 11:43 AM
Any win over OSU is a good win regardless of the circumstances but I must say I am disappointed with one point wins at home over the likes of KSU and Iowa State. For a team ranked #5 preseason I would expect more. Of course I will take the wins but I am concerned about this team in the tourney. Hopefully the defense that was displayed the last 8 minutes will carryover the rest of the season.

Blue
2/28/2006, 03:49 PM
Are teams just shooting lights out against us or is our D that bad.

It seems like the last 5 games, our opponents make everything.

NormanPride
2/28/2006, 04:03 PM
Well, the thing that killed us against OSU was transition. We turned the ball over so much that they got a ton of easy buckets. At one point, over half of their points were off of turnovers. Talk about giving the game away...

And in basketball, a little momentum can change your whole game. If you give up a few easy baskets, all of a sudden the regular shots are easier. So I would say it's not our D, but our crappy ball-handling O that is screwing us over. That, and we have been unlucky with the offensive boards, really...

MojoRisen
2/28/2006, 04:52 PM
When you are scoring in the 60's you can't give up 30 on offensive boards and Turnovers.

We are looking like we are making a lot of progress as far as scoring and mixing it up- we just can't have mental break downs when we are being pressured by the opponents D. We are going to get a lot of this in the BIG 12 tourney and NCAA.

The close games and winning always feels good- the fact that we have improved from being dismal has me looking up as well-

My hopes aren't all the way up though- Like I get sometimes when it's tourney time and my team has the chance to take it all... at least a chance!

We would have accomplished a lot with this team for a sweet 16...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/28/2006, 04:56 PM
Any win over OSU is a good win regardless of the circumstances but I must say I am disappointed with one point wins at home over the likes of KSU and Iowa State. For a team ranked #5 preseason I would expect more. Of course I will take the wins but I am concerned about this team in the tourney. Hopefully the defense that was displayed the last 8 minutes will carryover the rest of the season.

To be technical we were 6th in both preseason polls but I also think it is clear the team was overrated some going into the season and while some might disagree I think the expectation wasn't totally fair. I didn't expect us to be a Final 4 team. I though we were about a top 10-12 team which we aren't that fair off. I always print out a schedule at the start of the year and try to predict where the team will be at this point and I had us at 12-3, 21-7 so I can't say I'm that disappointed. Just a little suprised how we got here. From where we were after the MU game I feel real good. The one point wins now sure bother me a lot less than close losses to Neb or MU or letting West Virginia run lay-up drills on us.

The 1-point wins at home where we should be winning handily is a little stressful but if we want to make the streak 5 I won't complain.

Could be worse Louisville was 7th and they look NIT bound.

MojoRisen
2/28/2006, 05:05 PM
Louisville lost their best player- and had a hard time adjusting to the Big East-they were definitely overrated.

Comparing these one point games to the A&M game- is night and day. I can't stand it when we are scoring in the 40's and looks like it is a tremendous effort just to get it accross half court trap.

We are playing a hell of a lot more exciting basketball at this point. That makes a lot of difference to me- I bet we are scoring 75 a game of the last 5.