PDA

View Full Version : So much for Kathy Taylor's hope of being Mayor of Tulsa...

OklahomaTuba
2/28/2006, 09:28 AM
If this is true...

When the story broke on Friday about Kathy Taylor's dual homestead exemptions, I wondered about dual registration, too, so I called the Broward County Supervisor of Elections. I was told that Lobeck was still on the rolls, but not Taylor. An anonymous e-mail said I got the wrong answer, and I thought that it was possible the woman on the phone didn't understand me or I her.

Over the weekend I remembered: I have Florida voter registration and history data on my computer from a project I helped with a few years ago. I don't have data directly from the county election board, but the Republican National Committee collects voter registration records from every jurisdiction in the country, standardizes addresses, matches names with phone numbers, and takes 50 different data formats and rearranges all the records into one standard format. The Democrats do the same thing. It's all to help candidates figure out how to get their message directly to the most frequent voters.

The data I have was processed by the RNC in the summer or fall of 2002, long before running for mayor was even a gleam in Kathy Taylor's eye. It shows that she and William Earl Lobeck, Jr., were registered to vote at 704 Royal Plaza Drive, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33301. Taylor registered to vote in Broward County, Florida, as a Democrat on February 5, 2000. That info is copied by the RNC directly from the original registration record. Her registration number is listed as 10391553.

The local election board also tracks each election in which a voter casts a ballot -- school board, city elections, runoffs, etc. The RNC doesn't preserve all the voter history information, just the records for major elections, like presidential preference primaries, state primaries, and general elections. Taylor's record shows that she voted in person in the 2000 Florida presidential preference primary, and by absentee ballot in the 2000 general election.

I also have voter registration records from the Oklahoma State Election Board, going back to May 1998. Taylor's voter number is 720088835, she registered to vote on October 2, 1988, and the records from the election board's December 2001 data show that she voted in person at what was then Tulsa County precinct 70 in the 2000 general election. (Precinct boundaries were redrawn in spring 2002; precinct 70 was teleported to east Tulsa, and old 70 was split between two neighboring precincts. Taylor and Lobeck are now in precinct 73.)

If these records are accurate, Kathryn L. Taylor committed federal voter fraud by voting twice in the same election, in an election and a state where every vote mattered.

http://www.batesline.com/archives/002416.html

picasso
2/28/2006, 09:41 AM
honestly, it wouldn't bother me one bit if Lafortunate didn't get re-elected.

Oldnslo
2/28/2006, 09:46 AM
Mrs. Oldnslo is the General Counsel for the Tulsa County Assessor. I just called her to ask about this.

She was aware of the story, as some d00d was digging around a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, she says that as far as Tulsa County knows, there's no problem with Taylor's homestead claim.

OklahomaTuba
2/28/2006, 09:47 AM
I don't really care either way who gets elected.

I just hope someone fixes the problems with our idiotic chamber of commerce, helps land more jobs, and fixes the crime, streets and schools.

OklahomaTuba
2/28/2006, 09:50 AM
Mrs. Oldnslo is the General Counsel for the Tulsa County Assessor. I just called her to ask about this.

She was aware of the story, as some d00d was digging around a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, she says that as far as Tulsa County knows, there's no problem with Taylor's homestead claim.

I don't know much about homestead exemptions. Isn't there a limit based on house value? Sounds like she has at least a $3 million+ house!

It will be interesting to see if the voter fraud is true.

Mjcpr
2/28/2006, 09:50 AM
I don't really care either way who gets elected.

I just hope someone fixes the problems with our idiotic chamber of commerce, helps land more jobs, and fixes the crime, streets and schools.

You and the current candidates are confused about the job of Mayor and how it (doesn't) control Tulsa Public Schools.

Mjcpr
2/28/2006, 09:52 AM
I don't know much about homestead exemptions. Isn't there a limit based on house value? Sounds like she has at least a $3 million+ house!

It will be interesting to see if the voter fraud is true.

Her, her husband or both of them have some kind of ownership stake in Dollar/Thrifty. I think.....don't quote me.

But yeah, they're doing alright.

OklahomaTuba
2/28/2006, 09:53 AM
You and the current candidates are confused about the job of Mayor and how it (doesn't) control Tulsa Public Schools.

Doesn't control, but nowhere does it say the city can't help.

Ever hear of MAPS for kids?

OklahomaTuba
2/28/2006, 09:55 AM
Her, her husband or both of them have some kind of ownership stake in Dollar/Thrifty. I think.....don't quote me.

But yeah, they're doing alright.

I thought it was just Vanguard car rental group. (national & Alamo car rental)

I think they have something to do with Dollar/Thrifty as well.

mrowl
2/28/2006, 09:56 AM
I just hope someone fixes the problems with our idiotic chamber of commerce, .

fyi, the chamber of commerce is pretty much worthless in every city, or town. Its just a "I have more money and power than you" party. I have never known a dfw chamber to bring new business into a city. Its usually the council or mayor that does that.

Mjcpr
2/28/2006, 09:58 AM
Doesn't control, but nowhere does it say the city can't help.

Ever hear of MAPS for kids?

Help in what way.......financially? Did the COT just come up with millions of dollars that they don't know what to do with? TPS is the responsibility of the Superintendent. You should be hoping they hire a good one. Tulsa's Mayor has plenty on his/her plate without sticking their nose in TPS.

No.

Hamhock
2/28/2006, 10:01 AM
Don't you guys watch the news?

The education funding issue has been solved. The lottery man, the lottery...

Mjcpr
2/28/2006, 10:07 AM
The education funding issue has been solved. The lottery man, the lottery...

No argument from me. Every time I turn around they're getting a new funding source. If they spent it wisely, they'd probably have plenty.

Hamhock
2/28/2006, 10:09 AM
I'd like to have half the funding that kids get in public schools to educate my kids.

OklahomaTuba
2/28/2006, 10:15 AM
fyi, the chamber of commerce is pretty much worthless in every city, or town. Its just a "I have more money and power than you" party. I have never known a dfw chamber to bring new business into a city. Its usually the council or mayor that does that.

Thats fine, and for the most part I agree.

However the chamber in Tulsa does more to help the burbs grow than anyother place I have seen. They also get city tax money like some sort of city agency. WTF is that about?

Its the metro chamber of commerce, they promote the Tulsa metro area, not just the city of Tulsa, yet they get city of Tulsa $$$$???

Also, I just got a request to advertise in some sort of Tulsa promotional brochure they make.

Guess where the marcomm company they use is located?

Washington State. :mad:

WTF is wrong with those people?

JohnnyMack
2/28/2006, 10:29 AM
I thought it was just Vanguard car rental group. (national & Alamo car rental)

I think they have something to do with Dollar/Thrifty as well.

I don't think they have anything to do with Thrifty.

JohnnyMack
2/28/2006, 10:30 AM
Didn't LaFortune just accept a job in principle with OU/Tulsa if he didn't win the election?

I think all the candidates are *********s. I wouldn't vote for any of 'em. Where's Virginia Jenner when you need her?

Mjcpr
2/28/2006, 10:34 AM
Didn't LaFortune just accept a job in principle with OU/Tulsa if he didn't win the election?

I think all the candidates are *********s. I wouldn't vote for any of 'em. Where's Virginia Jenner when you need her?

That was a rumor.......whether it's true or not, I don't know. Supposedly, the job would not be available if he ran and lost.....sounded like a take it or leave it proposition.

What's wrong with Taylor or McCorkle? I'm truly asking...I don't know. Outside of those two, I don't see anyone I'm all that crazy about.

JohnnyMack
2/28/2006, 10:37 AM
The way LaFortune just **** on Dave Been and is making shady deals for jobs I sure wouldn't vote for him.

If Taylor committed voter fraud I don't think I'd vote for her.

Medlock is crazy.

McCorkle seems pro-upping the police force, but I don't know if he knows how to run a city.

Pieces Hit
2/28/2006, 10:38 AM
One thing fo sho - she is Uhhhhhgleeee.

Mjcpr
2/28/2006, 10:38 AM
One thing fo sho - she is Uhhhhhgleeee.

That much is true.

Pieces Hit
2/28/2006, 10:41 AM
If I had all that money I'd spend it on fixing my ugly face instead of plastering it on every billboard in town.

Sheesh.