PDA

View Full Version : Sample Wonderlic Test.

SOONER44EVER
2/28/2006, 04:00 AM
I scored a 15. I had to actually use a pen and paper to do the math on 1 of them. Are the tests really this easy?

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/existence/wonderlic.html

tbl
2/28/2006, 08:47 AM
That can't be a sample from the actual test... I got a 50, but that's not bragging. I don't see how anybody can get under a 40.

soonerlaw
2/28/2006, 10:16 AM
I got a 6, but hey, I wasn't familiar with this keyboard!

caphorns
2/28/2006, 10:36 AM
I got a 44, so the test is obviously flawed.

Desert Sapper
2/28/2006, 11:05 AM
Judging from the last sample wonderlic somebody posted, there are harder questions than the one posted here (although these questions were also on that sample). My guess is that the Wonderlic people have released certain questions. This selection was meant to give you the average amount of questions you would need to answer in the two minute window. Basically, it gives you a feel for the pace of the test, not so much for the difficulty. Think more along the lines of the SAT/ACT level of difficulty, not so much GRE/LSAT/MCAT level. They aren't testing their ability to reason beyond the college level. They are just testing their ability to reason within a time limit.

85Sooner
2/28/2006, 11:21 AM
i GOT A FIFTY YEAH!

oufan1
2/28/2006, 11:49 AM
I got a 44, so the test is obviously flawed.
Which one did you miss?

SOFSooner
2/28/2006, 11:58 AM
I must be doing something wrong I scored a 443 on the sample test.

caphorns
2/28/2006, 11:59 AM
Which one did you miss?

8. The hours of daylight and darkness in SEPTEMBER are nearest equal to the hours of daylight and darkness in:

June
March
May
November

I think there is probably more than one way of reading this question so I'd say it's a bad question to begin with. I'm definitely overthinking this one.

SOFSooner
2/28/2006, 12:00 PM
My mistake I scored a 44 also.

oufan1
2/28/2006, 12:02 PM
I missed the same one

Harry Beanbag
2/28/2006, 12:26 PM
At least you guys are smarter than Vince. He would only have gotten one of them right.

OUthunder
2/28/2006, 12:35 PM
At least you guys are smarter than Vince. He would only have gotten one of them right.

Spell cat?

Desert Sapper
2/28/2006, 01:40 PM
8. The hours of daylight and darkness in SEPTEMBER are nearest equal to the hours of daylight and darkness in:

June
March
May
November

I think there is probably more than one way of reading this question so I'd say it's a bad question to begin with. I'm definitely overthinking this one.

That question sucks.

Widescreen
2/28/2006, 01:47 PM
50! Yeah! Does this mean I could start on an NFL team? I probably should've gone to the combine.

caphorns
2/28/2006, 02:31 PM
Speaking of tests, my employer just required me to take a Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator. I'm pretty sure my answers will reveal I'm a sociopath and I will be fired right after the upcoming conference. That was seriously the most rediculous test I've taken in my life. It's basically using words as ink blots. You're supposed to tell them which words and crap appeal to you more . . . like "sympathic vs. systematic". Well if someone is systematically trying to tear me apart limb-by-limb, I don't like that word. Does that mean I'm a softy?

BermudaSooner
2/28/2006, 02:31 PM

June
March
May
November

How else can you read this?

caphorns
2/28/2006, 02:38 PM

1. total number of both daylight and night hours combined for month - in which case pick the other 30-day month

OR

2. length of hours of daylight vs. dark hours (e.g., Alaska has the short daylight hours in Winter) so pick the nearest month

OR

3. actual time of sunset/sunrise - probably also means picking the nearest month. I don't really know.

Desert Sapper
2/28/2006, 02:38 PM

Backwards, like you're supposed to listen to Led Zeppelin.

Harry Beanbag
2/28/2006, 03:15 PM
1. total number of both daylight and night hours combined for month - in which case pick the other 30-day month

OR

2. length of hours of daylight vs. dark hours (e.g., Alaska has the short daylight hours in Winter) so pick the nearest month

OR

3. actual time of sunset/sunrise - probably also means picking the nearest month. I don't really know.

Stop nuking it out. The Fall Equinox is in September. It's equivalent, the Spring Equinox, is in March. That's basically a math question: 9-6=3.

CrimsonHelmet
2/28/2006, 03:18 PM
I believe it's a trick question, designed to test both problem solving ability and attention to detail while under time constraints.

The question relates, I believe, to your knowledge of equinoxes and soltices. That's why September was capitalized. The quick & simple answer would be March.

caphorns
2/28/2006, 03:41 PM
Stop nuking it out. The Fall Equinox is in September. It's equivalent, the Spring Equinox, is in March. That's basically a math question: 9-6=3.

You know more about the subject than I do. Good for you. I still don't see how this is a question appropriate for an intelligence exam. And AS WORDED it is subject to multiple non-"nuclear" interpretations.

As for the question of whether you can improve on your early scores, my answer is absolutely. It's a timed test with a heavy knowledge and context component. It's not a series of ink blots and the like. Simply learning the rules and good practices (i.e. - do the easy ones first and come back for the hard ones) will improve your score. I'd have Vince run through at least 3 practice tests a day so he was used to the timing and could make it a habit of skipping hard questions without panicking. Jason Campbell improved almost double in his test runs last year.

Harry Beanbag
2/28/2006, 04:01 PM
Absolutely you can improve your score, but what would be the point to the prospective employer if a person can take it multiple times just to get a decent score? Vince should have been practicing before he got to the combine, hopefully he didn't.

I believe I've heard that the questions go from easiest to hardest from 1 to 50. Not positive about that though.

Scott D
2/28/2006, 04:08 PM
I think some of those scores from both this year and from the players listed there are probably more reflective of the time limit than of the intelligence of the player....otherwise Dan Marino would be 'adequate' in mental capacity according to that test.

Widescreen
2/28/2006, 04:16 PM
otherwise Dan Marino would be 'adequate' in mental capacity according to that test.
You obviously never saw the 1st Ace Ventura movie. ;)

colleyvillesooner
2/28/2006, 04:34 PM
I think some of those scores from both this year and from the players listed there are probably more reflective of the time limit than of the intelligence of the player....otherwise Dan Marino would be 'adequate' in mental capacity according to that test.

Well, he is still looking for that Super Bowl win ;)

Scott D
2/28/2006, 10:45 PM
You obviously never saw the 1st Ace Ventura movie. ;)

I prefer to think that was a lack of intelligence on his agent's part.

colleyvillesooner
2/28/2006, 10:51 PM
Dan Marino should definitely buy this car. Well not this one, cause I'm gonna **** this one up. But he should get one just like it.

Desert Sapper
3/1/2006, 10:30 AM
Dan Marino would be 'adequate' in mental capacity

Your point being? I'm thinking Dan's not a rocket scientist.

SoonersEnFuego
3/2/2006, 12:03 AM
I got a 50.
In 30 seconds.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/2/2006, 12:58 AM
Umm you guys did take this test with a 12 minute time limit. With 30 guys smoking cigars in another room. Also your whole future may ride on this score...now take it ;)

NickZeppelin
3/2/2006, 01:14 AM
50 in 27 seconds.

Maui Sooner
3/3/2006, 06:16 PM
50 after my 5th Bud Light.

Oldnslo
3/3/2006, 09:14 PM
No. It's not a math question. It's a physical geography lesson. Or it could be a meteorology question. It could even be an astronomy question.

Math? nahhh.

Oldnslo
3/3/2006, 09:18 PM
Umm you guys did take this test with a 12 minute time limit. With 30 guys smoking cigars in another room. Also your whole future may ride on this score...now take it ;)
Um. These guys are supposed to be able to think while shedding off 300 pound guys who are trying to tear their heads off. Pressure is part of any test and a great many life experiences.

One guy at the bar exam blew chunks. The other dude at his table just kept his head down and kept on workin'. Moved at the next break. Every one of us couldn't practice without passing the test. Something like 90% of the OU grads pass the first time.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/3/2006, 11:08 PM
That was more of a response to the people that are saying they made 47 to 50....I am just saying that it is crazy talk when the dumbest person on here claims to make a 50 that I believe only 1 or 2 people have ever made.

John Kochtoston
3/4/2006, 01:06 AM
Um. These guys are supposed to be able to think while shedding off 300 pound guys who are trying to tear their heads off. Pressure is part of any test and a great many life experiences.

One guy at the bar exam blew chunks. The other dude at his table just kept his head down and kept on workin'. Moved at the next break. Every one of us couldn't practice without passing the test. Something like 90% of the OU grads pass the first time.

97% on last June's administration. But who's counting?:D

josh09
3/5/2006, 12:38 PM
yes, cuz vince is that stupid

oumartin
3/5/2006, 01:27 PM
I scored a six so I'm like Vince!
Now, bow down and show me some respect!!!!! :D