PDA

View Full Version : Cry baby station over at the Pokes Message Boards

snp
2/27/2006, 11:53 PM
http://mb28.scout.com/fosuinsiderfrm1

Aaaaawwwww :( Sorry Pokes. I'll buy your coach a bottle of hooch to make up for it.

GrapevineSooner
2/28/2006, 12:01 AM
*yawn*

They had a 9 point lead with about 5 minutes left and blew it.

Sure, there were a few calls that went against them during that stretch. But their 9 point lead was built in part to some bad calls that went for them.

So forgive me if I don't have much sympathy for those blowhards.

Paperclip
2/28/2006, 12:06 AM
I thought Bookout walked, but I also think Eaton gave the ref no choice but to call that last foul.

sooner518
2/28/2006, 12:08 AM
i do not understand where OSU fans get off calling OU fans "Trailer-trash". Have they never been to Stillwater? Seriously. I'm surprised OSU doesnt have trailers as their dorms to make their backcountry students feel more at home.

SoonerObsession
2/28/2006, 12:11 AM
Read some of those messages over there and you will see why I hope they lose every friggin game they play.

PhxSooner
2/28/2006, 12:15 AM
OU could be playing Satan and all of his minions, and osu fans would be touting the benefits of Hell.

OUthunder
2/28/2006, 12:17 AM
OSU seemed to get every break in the ball game. Our 1st big break came when their big man fouled out. The 2nd came on the foul that the ref had to call because it hendered the ball handlers progress up court to make a play.

I don't hate aggie as much as most (partly due to I married one) but they have no reason to bitch and moan like a horn.

IronHorseSooner
2/28/2006, 12:30 AM
OU could be playing Satan and all of his minions, and osu fans would be touting the benefits of Hell.

We will play them on Sunday. They will have their opportunity.:D :texan:

NUSooner
2/28/2006, 12:35 AM
does anyone remember the Eduardo dunk where he literally didn't dribble from the three point line in? of course not, because we didn't win the game at home that year, despite the late rally.

I didn't see the play again, because I was there and didn't see the replay...but I do know he was fouled and it was also a close play.

Octavian
2/28/2006, 12:40 AM
Right now I'm just up because I'm so p!ssed off about the way that game ended that I don't want to go to bed and make my wife mad by being mad myself. Those kids didn't deserve to lose that game.

:eddie:

AlabamaSooner
2/28/2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah, that was a walk, but good lord we got shafted as well for the majority of the game. We finally got a couple of questionable calls late which was a shock. Bad refs or no bad refs, you have to win the game on the floor and we did that. :) Boomer Sooner!

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/28/2006, 12:49 AM
i do not understand where OSU fans get off calling OU fans "Trailer-trash". Have they never been to Stillwater? Seriously. I'm surprised OSU doesnt have trailers as their dorms to make their backcountry students feel more at home.

Hey. Not all Aggie fans are bad. I think the Wal-Mart in Norman had a record day.

Might be a few days, though, before you can find Duct Tape in Norman again. I'm guessing they had to stock up... Don't want 'em to be losing a bumper on that drive back up North.

jdsooner
2/28/2006, 01:05 AM
Dr. Evil: "Boo Frickety hoo!":D
http://www.jahozafat.com/0058493028/WAVS/Movies/Austin_Powers_In_Goldmember/boofrickety.wav

jdsooner
2/28/2006, 01:07 AM
Austin: "Yeah, baby. Yeah!"
http://www.jahozafat.com/cgi-bin/wavs.cgi?Austin_Powers_In_Goldmember=yeahbaby.wav

GrapevineSooner
2/28/2006, 01:07 AM
Coming to an Infomercial near you!!!

The Suttonizer.

Now, you can finally get that flat stomach you've been dreaming about. And you don't need John Basdow's stupid video to get it.

Just 50 Sutton's a day and you'll have rock hard abs like Sean Sutton.

Order now!! Supplies are limited!!

bigdsooner
2/28/2006, 01:12 AM
that place is so sad...but its their misery that makes me laugh. im glad God loves me and made me a Sooner fan

jdsooner
2/28/2006, 01:19 AM
A Beauty from Go Pokes:

To all uo fans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tooooo bad u guys didn't win; anything that can see would say the Zebras stole the show I hate uo with every bone in my body!!!!!!!!! I mean I eternally loathe uo not joking

1.)Atleast 8 fouls on flavor flav look alike
2.)bookout's marathon ( 3 or 4 steps, no wait it doesn't really matter cause he could have taken 50 steps and the refs w/ crimson tinted glasses would not have called walking!!!!
3.) no call on the intentional foul on Jamal's layup at the end
4.) Eaton was set
5.)Dove got hammered on the pick; no call- go figure
6.)no Technical foul on ur bench; This is NOT And1
7.)oh by the way mr. neal, nice elbow to the ribs
8.)refs-This is not the NBA, u don't favor stars
9.)refs-This is not the NBA, u don't favor a higher ranked team for the well being of the league that pays u.

4 ur info, i have only complained about the refs in the gonzaga and uo game-so i am not a poor sport who is just saying this cause i hate uo( which i do), in fact i'm just sane, can see, and played basketball my whole life as well as having years of refing experience.

Paperclip
2/28/2006, 01:22 AM
Nobody could possibly believe Eaton was set. He was already falling down before Everett got to him, not to mention he was standing at an angle.

Sooner98
2/28/2006, 02:03 AM
Waaaa, waaaaa, waaaa! This makes up for the phantom basket in '02 (or '03?) in Stillwater where the shotclock had run out, but they were rewarded with the basket anyway. We're even now, chumps.

jdsooner
2/28/2006, 02:48 AM
JoeHero on GoPokes: (they should rename it gowhiners)

I hate to complain about officiating, but I'm going to. Maybe it's because it was that bad, or maybe because it's uo and I hate that school and I'm real ****ed right now. How could you miss that walk on Bookout? How could you miss half of uo's team running onto the court after the free throws? Or did they not miss it, and were just intimidated by the crowd. That was a freaking joke. No way did uo deserve to win.

I'm going to enjoy OSU's win over them in the Big XII tourny, I"m going to enjoy their second round exit in the NCAA's, and I'm going to enjoy their losing record next season.

The fans weren't nearly as obnoxious as they were at the football game. Maybe that's because I was surrounded by orange in section S-3. The 30 or so OSU fans in s3 and s4 made more noise than the rest of the people in those sections. Thanks to all the Pokes who made the game, you all made it fun!

Edit: I loved the BS chant. Show national television the class of the sooner nation.:eddie:

jdsooner
2/28/2006, 02:58 AM
Another Gem:

This isn't the and 1 tour even though most of ou's players our hood rats, you can't rush on the court coming off the bench with time left...it is a TECHNICAL, instead the ref was ushering the ou guys back to the bench for the last play. This game was freakin ridiculous, I can go on and on, everett 16 minutes with 4 fouls, 28 ft's to 11 ft's, 1 second and everett falling out of bounds and call on eaton. But none sooooo full of bullshut as the non-technical. I can't believe no one is talking about it as it happened earlier in the year as well and everyone was talking about how that is a tech. OU and its classless fans need to go back to the hood and trailer park, and give GAYlord thanks for apparently paying off the refs!

OUTromBoNado
2/28/2006, 04:40 AM
Edit: I loved the BS chant. Show national television the class of the sooner nation.:eddie:

Seems to me like I've heard that plenty of times at Okie State games. And, IIRC, I thought a timeout had been called and that's why the players rushed the court.

oumartin
2/28/2006, 06:30 AM
I cannot believe you are saying we got the shaft for most of that game.
OSU had alot more fouls than OU did. OU was in the bonus with about 7 minutes to go in each half. OSU didn't reach the bonus until around the 2 minute mark. OU had no business winning that game the way it went. Lets take that wonderful last couple minutes and be glad its a win.

RacerX
2/28/2006, 07:27 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61792

Boomer_Sooner_sax
2/28/2006, 08:51 AM
They wanna talk about the foul at the end of the game, but I tend to remember that Bookout was set earlier in the 2nd half and he was called for a foul. That was a weak foul! Bookout was totally set!

Sooner_Bob
2/28/2006, 08:57 AM
Why do people keep thinking Bookout walked?

He caught the ball with both feet set and then took the allowed two steps.

crawfish
2/28/2006, 09:23 AM

...plus a little baby step. :)

The way I see it, Eaton had built up a little bank of extra steps earlier and Bookout just withdrew one.

crawfish
2/28/2006, 09:26 AM
I cannot believe you are saying we got the shaft for most of that game.
OSU had alot more fouls than OU did. OU was in the bonus with about 7 minutes to go in each half. OSU didn't reach the bonus until around the 2 minute mark. OU had no business winning that game the way it went. Lets take that wonderful last couple minutes and be glad its a win.

OSU was playing a pretty physical game. Boggan could have fouled out five minutes earlier.

I think the first half officiating favored OSU, the second half favored OU. I feel for OSU about the last-second call, really I do...I hated seeing the same thing happening to OU vs. MU...but with as much as we've been screwed this year, I'll take it.

picasso
2/28/2006, 09:53 AM
Waaaa, waaaaa, waaaa! This makes up for the phantom basket in '02 (or '03?) in Stillwater where the shotclock had run out, but they were rewarded with the basket anyway. We're even now, chumps.
bingo.

tanjou
2/28/2006, 09:54 AM
Why in the hell is there no movie or .gif of sean falling on his *** and slapping the floor like a monkey?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/28/2006, 10:05 AM

Beacuse watching it like it looked like he did. He didn't. I have a DVR and went back and watched it in slo mo. Wasn't graceful but he DID NOT travel. If the game was in Stillwater the officials probably are goaded into calling a travel but the call was right.

If the Aggies want to complain then they can gripe that the nutz on their chin aren't salted.

Taxman71
2/28/2006, 10:12 AM
If the refs did their job in the beginning of the second half, Everett would not have picked up his 4th foul and the Pukes would never have made their second half run. Overall, I thought the refs were equally bad to both teams, just at different times of the game, despite what the Sheeplovers and some of the OU posters on this board think.

colleyvillesooner
2/28/2006, 10:21 AM
I re-watched the last play a few times. After Everett makes the second free throw, the ref closest to the Sooners Bench blows his whistle and points for a timeout. It's unclear which bench he's pointing at, but he did blow the whistle and signal timeout, so that's why the OU players rushed the court. Once OU realized that OSU didn't call a timeout, they got off the court.

Taxman71
2/28/2006, 10:31 AM
I followed the link to the poke board. The number of Sooner fans apologizing for the win (including the ones on this board) is disgusting. The officiating favored OSU for the first 39:50 of the game without question. OU gets one favorable no-call on Bookout's dunk and we are supposed to feel guilty about winning? The call at the end of the game was the right call. If Eaton had a Wonderlic higher than 6, he would have let Everett shoot a 35 footer and gone home happy. They had the game won and the "Aggie Factor" once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Any Sooner feeling guilty for winning or sorry for the way OSU lost should have their Sooner fan card revoked. They are beneath us in every way and deserve the agony they are suffering.

Grimey
2/28/2006, 10:43 AM
Why in the hell is there no movie or .gif of sean falling on his *** and slapping the floor like a monkey?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
2/28/2006, 11:07 AM
Another Gem:

This isn't the and 1 tour even though most of ou's players our hood rats, you can't rush on the court coming off the bench with time left...it is a TECHNICAL, instead the ref was ushering the ou guys back to the bench for the last play. This game was freakin ridiculous, I can go on and on, everett 16 minutes with 4 fouls, 28 ft's to 11 ft's, 1 second and everett falling out of bounds and call on eaton. But none sooooo full of bullshut as the non-technical. I can't believe no one is talking about it as it happened earlier in the year as well and everyone was talking about how that is a tech. OU and its classless fans need to go back to the hood and trailer park, and give GAYlord thanks for apparently paying off the refs!

Hey jd, did you notice the butchering of the English language on this post from their message board. Here is an example; ...most of ou's players our hood rats... WTF? Are they your hood rats? Simple English!!!! Maybe 6 on the Wonderlic is a good score for Aggie fans. There is no school I hate more in the country than OSUcks!!!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
2/28/2006, 11:15 AM
Also, they have no room to complain. What about when Gray was going out of bounds, clearly calling timeout and he was not awarded it. That gave OSUcks an extra possession they scored on I believe.

GrapevineSooner
2/28/2006, 11:35 AM
All the bad calls aside, OSU blew a 9 point lead.

We had 19 turnovers.

I'd say those two facts influenced the outcome of the game a lot more than the blown calls by the refs.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/28/2006, 11:45 AM
Why do they think calling us "uo" is offensive?

Taxman71
2/28/2006, 11:46 AM

The same reason ATM thinks calling the whorns "TU" is funny. I think there is a common theme there, other than the obvious strand of goat DNA.

GrapevineSooner
2/28/2006, 11:51 AM

For the same reason they also call us Gooners. ;)

Boomer_Sooner_sax
2/28/2006, 11:53 AM

Because they are illiterate.

SoonerAcesUp
2/28/2006, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHero on GoPokes: (they should rename it gowhiners)
Edit: I loved the BS chant. Show national television the class of the sooner nation.

What a bunch of hypocrites! I can't wait till I hear this again at GIA! D*mn they p*ss me off!

Notice there weren't signs all over the place about Eddie like there was about Kelvin at GIA. I'm sure there were a few at the game but I'm glad the Sooner Faithful did show we are the ones with "CLASS". Boomer Sooner!

NormanPride
2/28/2006, 12:15 PM
Hilarious. I thought I would be mad about their lack of respect, but it just makes me laugh. Face it, pokies. The refs sucked both ways for that game, and we won. Your player choked at the end, and Everett hit both his free throws.

stoopified
2/28/2006, 12:23 PM
Puke fans show their class on national tv with two of their timeless classics.BS and OU SUCKS.BTW why do they hate Oregon(uo) so much?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
2/28/2006, 12:43 PM
Puke fans show their class on national tv with two of their timeless classics.BS and OU SUCKS.BTW why do they hate Oregon(uo) so much?

Spek!!

snp
2/28/2006, 01:25 PM
Yea, its funny that they keep talking about Everett should've fouled out, because on his 4th foul Dove or whoever the defender was clearly kicked the ball. Should've been blown dead right away, not when Evertt defends the break and gets the foul. I'll wait until Sampson does the replay show, and comment on even more of them. Should be interesting.

WAAAAAAAAAAH I hope we get questionable calls every time against them. I wish them nothing but misery and gonorrhea.

MikeInNorman
2/28/2006, 01:42 PM

Thier brains have been fried by too much exposure to ash from the Dead Animal Incinerator mixed with the lovely smell of the Swine Research Facility.

OUstud
2/28/2006, 05:00 PM
Our time will come.

Can't Aggy just add that to their assclown fight song?

DeadSolidPerfect
2/28/2006, 05:44 PM
I loved the BS chant. Show national television the class of the sooner nation.:eddie:
Without a doubt the biggest bunch of self-righteous, holier than thou turds ever.:stunned:

josh09
2/28/2006, 06:39 PM
it was the same with texas, when we win, they start calling us ugly.

thats the best they can do.

josh09
2/28/2006, 06:39 PM
like with texass, they said ms. america was ugly.

now the pokes are dissing bookout. sore losers.

Vegas Sooner
2/28/2006, 07:01 PM
............. what a bunch of ginas

OUTromBoNado
3/1/2006, 02:46 AM
I re-watched the last play a few times. After Everett makes the second free throw, the ref closest to the Sooners Bench blows his whistle and points for a timeout. It's unclear which bench he's pointing at, but he did blow the whistle and signal timeout, so that's why the OU players rushed the court. Once OU realized that OSU didn't call a timeout, they got off the court.

Good to know I'm not crazy after all.

At least...not completely....

Kels
3/1/2006, 11:04 AM
"Get better."

- Billy Tubbs

SoonerShark
3/1/2006, 06:31 PM
Nobody could possibly believe Eaton was set. He was already falling down before Everett got to him, not to mention he was standing at an angle.

Eaton was standing at an angle because the aggots do not recognize the Law of Gravity.

SoonerShark
3/1/2006, 06:33 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAH I hope we get questionable calls every time against them. I wish them nothing but misery and gonorrhea.

Do sheep pass gonorrhea?

Brokeback Cowboys!

SoonerShark
3/1/2006, 06:37 PM
OFU fans are a funny lot. Did anyone see BaBoone Pickens sitting behind the aggot's bench on Monday night in Norman? Was that skinny woman with him his seeing eye blonde?