PDA

View Full Version : why? why would you ever put a ref in that position?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/27/2006, 11:16 PM
you get that call on the sidelines once a year. there is absolutely no way they are going to give you a charge there on the last play of the game. the only good thing is that everett forced the ruling by the force out.

silly aggy

crawfish
2/27/2006, 11:18 PM
If he stops a step earlier, they win the game.

POKE CHOKE!!! :D

JohnnyMack
2/27/2006, 11:19 PM
Eaton just went Brent Parker, Jr. on us. :D

OklahomaTuba
2/27/2006, 11:20 PM
I'm just trying to figure out how sutton slipped while standing still??!?!?

JohnnyMack
2/27/2006, 11:21 PM

Sniper.

TopDaugIn2000
2/27/2006, 11:23 PM
OK, I want that clip as my avvie now. It was PRICELESS!!!!

jk the sooner fan
2/27/2006, 11:26 PM
we are both the luckiest and stupidest team.......the entire team should go buy lotto tickets tonite

we play with reckless abandon, we made them look good with all their "steals"........steals my ***, that was lazy stupid basketball.....we played down (once again) to a lesser opponent and just got damn lucky

regardless, they hung in there till the end, everett played for 12 minutes with 4 fouls

lucky lucky lucky

good win guys!

GrapevineSooner
2/27/2006, 11:28 PM
What JK said.

They play that bad against Texas on Sunday handling the ball and the Horns by at least 30.

TopDawg
2/27/2006, 11:36 PM
why? why would you ever put a ref in that position?

Because you're a cocky freshman having an especially fortunate--and cocky--night where everything is going your way, until...

IronHorseSooner
2/27/2006, 11:38 PM
Because you're a cocky freshman having an especially fortunate--and cocky--night where everything is going your way, until...

YOU COWBOY UP!!!!!!:eddie:

JohnnyMack
2/27/2006, 11:40 PM
Les liked Eaton's resolve, like his fight. It was not the outcome Eaton expected, it was not what he practiced for. It was a setback. He'll learn stuff.

PhxSooner
2/27/2006, 11:44 PM
YOU COWBOY UP!!!!!!:eddie:
And in this case, you aggie up.

tulsaoilerfan
2/28/2006, 12:12 AM
I do believe stunned aggie fan has been replaced by stunned aggie coach; even my 12 year old said " I bet that pic will be on soonerfans by tomorrow." Absolutely freaking priceless!!

John

Snyder Cyclone
2/28/2006, 12:19 AM
Very foolish play by Eaton. It was a block all the way. He was falling down before Everett contacted him. All he had to do was to run alongside Everett and pressure him and the game is over. I've never seen so many dumb plays in the last 2 minutes in my life. It was entertaining though.

shavedmarmoset
2/28/2006, 12:34 AM
Two words: aggie factor

SoonerBBall
2/28/2006, 02:01 AM
we are both the luckiest and stupidest team.......the entire team should go buy lotto tickets tonite

we play with reckless abandon, we made them look good with all their "steals"........steals my ***, that was lazy stupid basketball.....we played down (once again) to a lesser opponent and just got damn lucky

regardless, they hung in there till the end, everett played for 12 minutes with 4 fouls

lucky lucky lucky

good win guys!

First you call it lucky (3 times, for emphasis), then call it a good win? Which do you think it is? Since when has either team's record ever mattered in a game between us and OSU? We will always get their best shot. We overcame a lot to win this game. Not just stupid play on our part, but brilliant play on theirs, too. Can't you just be happy we won instead of bitching?

Oh yeah, so much for your "no way we'll be ranked 17th this week" argument.

jk the sooner fan
2/28/2006, 07:33 AM
First you call it lucky (3 times, for emphasis), then call it a good win? Which do you think it is? Since when has either team's record ever mattered in a game between us and OSU? We will always get their best shot. We overcame a lot to win this game. Not just stupid play on our part, but brilliant play on theirs, too. Can't you just be happy we won instead of bitching?

Oh yeah, so much for your "no way we'll be ranked 17th this week" argument.

hey any win is a good win

however, if you watched that game and truly feel we didnt play stupid, then good on ya

we got lucky in that game, period. we were playing the last game at home with 3 seniors against a team that we should have blown away. they were careless with the ball, lazy passes....

we're 19 in the AP

SoonerShark
2/28/2006, 08:29 AM

Falling off the wagon is a family tradition.

tnraider1
2/28/2006, 09:17 AM

That's what OSU campus police said about a week ago. ;)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/28/2006, 09:25 AM
hey any win is a good win

however, if you watched that game and truly feel we didnt play stupid, then good on ya

we got lucky in that game, period. we were playing the last game at home with 3 seniors against a team that we should have blown away. they were careless with the ball, lazy passes....

we're 19 in the AP

I pretty much agree with JK. We were lucky that Eaton is a freakin' idiot.

We were terribly careless with some passes but I have to give Dove some credit for making us pay for them. Other than maybe the last couple years the only way OSU would beat a good team was with 8-10 points from lay-ups off of steals and a bunch of free throws.

The 1-point wins are stressful. But, the team is clutch and the win is just as sweet because now we get to hear the Brokebackers bitch about it for months.

OUmillenium
2/28/2006, 09:29 AM
Les liked Eaton's resolve, like his fight. It was not the outcome Eaton expected, it was not what he practiced for. It was a setback. He'll learn stuff.

...and they'll go play any sucker...

boomersooner82
2/28/2006, 11:28 AM
I know "What-ifs" don't matter for much, but what if Eaton-too-much hadn't been so dumb there? If he gave Terrell some room to work. What are the chances that a prayer shot from 30 feet bricks off the rim and the game ends? Eaton could have been the poke's hero in that game (after that ridiculous 3), but instead is really to blame for the loss.

jk the sooner fan
2/28/2006, 12:33 PM
I know "What-ifs" don't matter for much, but what if Eaton-too-much hadn't been so dumb there? If he gave Terrell some room to work. What are the chances that a prayer shot from 30 feet bricks off the rim and the game ends? Eaton could have been the poke's hero in that game (after that ridiculous 3), but instead is really to blame for the loss.

Tramel wrote in his column this morning that Everett was in better position to high five Sampson than he was to get a shot off

Sooner04
2/28/2006, 12:39 PM
After the ref made the call the OSU bench was hollering at him while he was making his signals to the scorer's table. He looked at Sean and said, "What do you want me to call there?"

I laughed.

TopDawg
2/28/2006, 12:46 PM
After the ref made the call the OSU bench was hollering at him while he was making his signals to the scorer's table. He looked at Sean and said, "What do you want me to call there?"

I laughed.

One of my favorite games was the OU/OSU game when I sat down there with you. Great seats for heckling the Suttons.

stoopified
2/28/2006, 12:52 PM
It was a stupid play but I'm glad he did it.

GrapevineSooner
2/28/2006, 01:33 PM
Tramel wrote in his column this morning that Everett was in better position to high five Sampson than he was to get a shot off
Yet, he assigns more of the blame on that play to the ref than to the player who forced the ref to make the call. :rolleyes:

I guess that's why Berry will always be a third-rate columnist at a third-rate newspaper.

Jimminy Crimson
2/28/2006, 01:53 PM
Shouldn't Mike Baldwin be writing the poke slanted column?

OSU should just be listed in the box scores and big 12 standings.

Sooner04
2/28/2006, 05:15 PM
One of my favorite games was the OU/OSU game when I sat down there with you. Great seats for heckling the Suttons.
We were in their heads, TD. No doubt about it.

picasso
3/1/2006, 12:10 AM
If he stops a step earlier, they win the game.

POKE CHOKE!!! :D
he stopped early? that's my move!!!