PDA

View Full Version : I just can't keep quiet!

oumartin
2/27/2006, 10:31 PM
Sean Sutton is coaching circles around Kelvin.
He finds a weakness and exploits it.
He actually fouled Everett outta the game but there was a no call.
he called a timeout and set up a play specifically to get the ball to dove and try to get everett to foul. It worked cept the no call.

rag me, neg me, I don't care. thats ridiculous

Newbomb Turk
2/27/2006, 10:43 PM
At least you're watching the game - I turned it off.

Welcome back.

oumartin
2/27/2006, 10:45 PM
thats a joke. do they not practice ball handling or passing in practice?
they are made to look like fools

sportsproducer
2/27/2006, 10:48 PM
This team is completely playing as if it has a tight collar. There is absolutely no excuse for what is taking place in Norman right now. I never tought I would see this out of an OU basketball program.

Completely disguting!

101sooner
2/27/2006, 11:12 PM
This team is completely playing as if it has a tight collar. There is absolutely no excuse for what is taking place in Norman right now. I never tought I would see this out of an OU basketball program.

Completely disguting!

Well, we own the series record by a large margin. I don't see any sort of anomoly. It's Bedlam.

101sooner
2/27/2006, 11:14 PM

Completely disguting!

Panic much?

TOO EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KABOOKIE
2/27/2006, 11:15 PM
This team wins inspite of Calvin! :d

oumartin
2/27/2006, 11:18 PM
Calvin Simpson < Sean Sutton on this night
Sean coached his butt off but OU wasn't to be denied

Stanley1
2/27/2006, 11:22 PM
Calvin Simpson < Sean Sutton on this night
Sean coached his butt off but OU wasn't to be denied

Give it up. :rolleyes:

TopDaugIn2000
2/27/2006, 11:24 PM
Sean fell on his butt, but OU wasn't to be denied

FIXED

and BOY DID HE!

TopDawg
2/27/2006, 11:46 PM
It would seem like Sampson out-coached Sutton in the final 7 minutes.

Sutton had momentum and a 9 point lead with 7:03 left. Five minutes later it was tied, and half of our points during that span came from our 4-foul-carrying PG.

PhxSooner
2/27/2006, 11:48 PM
Kelvin did have some nice defensive set-ups after those last time-outs. He also somehow used a Jedi mind trick to get that final foul called.

TopDawg
2/27/2006, 11:50 PM
Ya know, come to think of it, it turned out to be a blessing that the refs refused to give us two of the time-outs we called earlier.

usmc-sooner
2/28/2006, 12:03 AM
Ya know, come to think of it, it turned out to be a blessing that the refs refused to give us two of the time-outs we called earlier.

yes it did

OUAndy1807
2/28/2006, 12:07 AM
wow, my spek hammer is up to 10 red bars.

OUthunder
2/28/2006, 12:18 AM
Martin needs a drink or sex.

Or maybe both... :D

Frozen Sooner
2/28/2006, 12:35 AM
Maybe you should have....

GrapevineSooner
2/28/2006, 12:37 AM
It would seem like Sampson out-coached Sutton in the final 7 minutes.

Sutton had momentum and a 9 point lead with 7:03 left. Five minutes later it was tied, and half of our points during that span came from our 4-foul-carrying PG.

Partly because our 4-foul-carrying player avoided the silly 5th foul that their 4-foul-carrying player committed with about five minutes left.

OSU's inexperience was on full display tonight in crunch time.

shavedmarmoset
2/28/2006, 12:43 AM
Partly because our 4-foul-carrying player avoided the silly 5th foul that their 4-foul-carrying player committed with about five minutes left.

OSU's inexperience was on full display tonight in crunch time.

Definitely. I feel that we were outcoached throughout most of the game. I am actually getting the feeling that the new Sutton is gonna be a really good coach. Just imagine when his players grow up!:eek:

kelloggOUballa
2/28/2006, 12:58 AM
lol Sean Sutton didn't do ne thing but fall on his A**. Kelvin is King.

NUSooner
2/28/2006, 01:01 AM
Just imagine when he grows up!

fixed

colleyvillesooner
2/28/2006, 01:01 AM
Maybe you should have....

yep

SoonerDood
2/28/2006, 02:16 AM
I thought you left???

OUTromBoNado
2/28/2006, 04:46 AM
I thought you left???

I think you should be drinking.

walkoffsooner
2/28/2006, 06:56 AM
Sean did a great job he should of spiked the old mans punch long ago.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/28/2006, 07:51 AM
I like watching the OU women's game MUCH BETTER. We usually win by 10 or more-much more satisfying, and not nerve wracking.

MojoRisen
2/28/2006, 09:31 AM
Sutton coached a good game- they were ready to make a run at us that is for sure- They got a lot of lucky bounces- at least 3 air balls that fell right in their hands- a 3 from half court... They had some luck going that way- I am glad we stayed focused and didn't crack.

I am impressed with how Sean coached last night... it is not like he hasn't been raised in the Sutton household- I don't know if I expected anything less.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/28/2006, 09:41 AM
Sean's new title is Donkey Punched Designate.

OSU gave a good effort but I doubt Sutton drew up a play where in the last minute you dribble the ball around and then take a 26 foot shot. He also also should have checked Eaton's BAC before putting him on the floor at the end.

Stoop Dawg
2/28/2006, 10:04 AM
So, let me be sure I've got this straight. If they lose a double digit lead it's bad coaching. If they erase a 7 point lead and win it's good players.

Is that about it?

Taxman71
2/28/2006, 10:06 AM
Sean's new title is Donkey Punched Designate.

OSU gave a good effort but I doubt Sutton drew up a play where in the last minute you dribble the ball around and then take a 26 foot shot. He also also should have checked Eaton's BAC before putting him on the floor at the end.

It is also hard to coach the other team to tip a missed free throw past halfcourt to your guy for an open layup.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/28/2006, 10:13 AM
It is also hard to coach the other team to tip a missed free throw past halfcourt to your guy for an open layup.

True, also Carter got criticised for that play when it is also a guards responsibily to be the deepest man back. That play should have resulted in an offensive rebound or at worst OSU gets the ball near halfcourt in a 1 on 1 situation.

Taxman71
2/28/2006, 10:19 AM
Yes, Everett should have grabbed it, while Neal should have stayed behind OSU's deep man.

The aggies are starting to rehash the same excuses from the 2004 football game in Stillwater. Do they ever lose a game or just get screwed by the refs every time? At 5-10 in conference, they must be pretty loose by now.

NormanPride
2/28/2006, 11:55 AM
Ridiculous. I suppose it was Kelvin that let the OSU players steal the ball 80 times? I suppose it was Kelvin that committed stupid fouls over and over? I suppose it was Kelvin that missed the front end of one and ones? I suppose it was Kelvin that blew defensive assignment after defensive assignment?

You guys don't even watch the games. Kelvin was the reason we weren't blown out. Same with K-state.

CatfishSooner
2/28/2006, 11:59 AM
sean looks like the devil...

stoopified
2/28/2006, 12:30 PM
Kelvin did have some nice defensive set-ups after those last time-outs. He also somehow used a Jedi mind trick to get that final foul called.Pardon me? Did you actually watch the last play or were you under an aggy spell?:D .It was blatant and HAD to be called.

MojoRisen
2/28/2006, 12:37 PM
Ridiculous. I suppose it was Kelvin that let the OSU players steal the ball 80 times? I suppose it was Kelvin that committed stupid fouls over and over? I suppose it was Kelvin that missed the front end of one and ones? I suppose it was Kelvin that blew defensive assignment after defensive assignment?

You guys don't even watch the games. Kelvin was the reason we weren't blown out. Same with K-state.

Sure as hell isn't the 3.0 GPA that tells them to throw a soft pass/ week pass so that OK State can jump our passing lanes-

It should be programed in the heads not to do that. So I suppose it is some of Kelvins fault and mostly the players not executing. But what is the difference if a Coach can't fix dumb mistakes..

Sorry just had to throw that out there- I am glad we won this game and the last 4 for that matter! could have done either way and we would be singing NIT>

TopDawg
2/28/2006, 12:56 PM
So, let me be sure I've got this straight. If they lose a double digit lead it's bad coaching. If they erase a 7 point lead and win it's good players.

Is that about it?

OSU had it up to 9 right around the 7:00 mark.

MojoRisen
2/28/2006, 01:49 PM
OSU had it up to 9 right around the 7:00 mark.

Exactly- I thought we were wearing them down up until about 4 turnovers in a row that got them up to 9 as we were battling back.

They definitely blew the lead! But I think we did not miss too many shots or possesions after that.

Kelvin might be the greatest come back coach alive