PDA

View Full Version : OT: WWLS streaming on Right Now Radio

King Crimson
2/27/2006, 05:05 PM
does it always suck this badly?

this bumper music they play during the local commercial breaks makes the crap you hear when you are on hold calling the phone company sound like Led Zeppelin II or the White Album.

this commercial break has lasted about 8 minutes.

oumartin
2/27/2006, 06:04 PM
dude, a couple fridays ago they had a 5 minute segment and 12 minutes of commercials. I timed it.

Its gotten really bad.

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/27/2006, 06:12 PM
We were listening to it yesterday on the way to church and they played a promo for one of the weekday shows. It was talking about OKC macking on the Hornets and that OKC had one hand up her back undoing her bra.

They show a certain lack of tact all the time, but that was a bit weird.

Overall, they're very weak.

OUstud
2/27/2006, 06:13 PM
"Here's the story, of the Marc Heitz Auto Family..."
"This is Bobbi Layne of the Brokeridge (or w/e) foundation."
"I'm sorry, lad, but that is quite possibly, the worst credit I have ever seen. If you get approval, it would be a miracle."
"WWLS, Moore, Norman, WWLS FM Bethany, Oklahoma City, KYAL, Sapulpa, Tulsa, KBIX, Muskogee, The Sports Animal."
"Where are you Al? BigredsportsandimportsI35Norman."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

OklahomaTrombone
2/27/2006, 06:15 PM
We were listening to it yesterday on the way to church and they played a promo for one of the weekday shows. It was talking about OKC macking on the Hornets and that OKC had one hand up her back undoing her bra.

They show a certain lack of tact all the time, but that was a bit weird.

Overall, they're very weak.

Think that was a promo for the morning animals.

AKA I want to rip off my ears radio.

Sooner_Bob
2/27/2006, 06:17 PM
That is why I now listen to ESPN Radio on Sirius.

King Crimson
2/27/2006, 06:19 PM
yeah, that's all true. i'm out of state and thought i'd check some local sportstalk before the OU-OSU game.....and i listen about once every 2-3 weeks maybe more during football season.

i mean this streaming software is really awful. there's no control panel, you can't mute it, and instead of the actual commercials you get this crap bumper music and some Radio Now promo. it's hardly listenable.

NormanPride
2/27/2006, 06:21 PM
I used to listen to the Fox affiliate here in Tulsa, but they brought back Lex and Terry and now it's all "I just banged this dude with VD and now I'm pregnant, what should I do?" followed by 15 minutes of making fun of stupid people. I'll take the Morning Animals over that any day.

oumartin
2/27/2006, 06:22 PM
oh no. I love the givers!

OklahomaTrombone
2/27/2006, 06:40 PM
I know SA - Tulsa is moving over to the FM dial in April.

Maybe they could get Mike and Mike for the morning show and then go to BBJ

Ruuuuuufus
2/28/2006, 12:21 AM
It gets progressively worse throughout the day until they finally switch over to ESPN radio at night.

OUmillenium
2/28/2006, 09:02 AM
We now refer to it as the Commercial Animal. Sirius radio talks more OU athletics than than wwls. I was once a loyal listener but over the last 6-8 months the advertising/commercials are flat out ridiculous. Couple that with all of the nonsports banter and its not worth my time.

Sooner in Tampa
2/28/2006, 09:23 AM
For those of us who do not live in the area and do not have access to Sirius or XM during the day...it is better than nothing. The commercials are sick, but at least I get to listen to something that is out of the great state of Oklahoma...BBJ is pretty decent.

Boomhauer
2/28/2006, 10:34 AM
What radio station will WWLS be on in Tulsa when they switch to the FM side?

OklahomaTrombone
2/28/2006, 10:38 AM
I believe its 97.7 or 97.1

OklahomaTuba
2/28/2006, 11:04 AM
Thats good.

I can't pick up the SA-tulsa on the am most of the time it seems. very weak signal.

OklahomaTuba
2/28/2006, 11:05 AM
Oh, and if you think the SA sucks with commericals, check out 104.5 in Tulsa. All it is these days is commericals with an occasional song here or there.

OklahomaTrombone
2/28/2006, 11:10 AM
Oh, and if you think the SA sucks with commericals, check out 104.5 in Tulsa. All it is these days is commericals with an occasional song here or there.

Don't forget them talking about how they are listening to us and what we have to say..and how they are "Tulsa's Rock Alternative" even though they aren't really the alternative to anything.

Sooner in Tampa
2/28/2006, 01:03 PM
the "vacumn like a champion" commercial was funny the first 300 times...now it is just annoying as ****.

OklahomaTrombone
2/28/2006, 04:41 PM
I believe its 97.7 or 97.1

Its 97.1 coming in April.

Boomhauer
2/28/2006, 09:34 PM
Its 97.1 coming in April.

Thanks!!!!