PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race - Season 9

Skysooner
2/27/2006, 05:00 PM
This starts tomorrow night with a 2 hour special. I was sorely disappointed with the last one. It just so happens that I know Phil Keoghan's first cousin who works for one of our big suppliers in Houston. We were out to dinner the other night, and I mention how much I hated the family edition. The cousin whips out his Blackberry and types,

"Phil, I am sitting here with a fan of your show (big customer of
mine). He wants me to let you know that you need to have a word with
jerry bruckheimer-ditch family format of last season, sorry mate it
blew chunks."

Phil's response:

"OK, tell your customer Jerry will grant him his wish."

So I guess we won't have to worry about that format again anytime soon.

Oh and a bit of trivia (secondhand knowledge). Phil was apparently the runner-up to Jeff Probst for the host of Survivor but wasn't well known enough at the time. That good showing lead to being on The Amazing Race later on.

Sooner98
2/27/2006, 06:06 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the last season, too, although maybe not as much as you were. I love traveling and seeing the American countryside (especially the West), so I did appreciate them showing the scenery from Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, and Montana. I just happened to go on vacation up in the same Wyoming/Montana area last summer that they went through, so it was cool to see some of that stuff again. I wish they could have included some more cool points of interest than they had. For example, I wish they would have done something like go to the top of the St. Louis arch, or something like that, instead of going to the World's largest office chair in Aniston, Alabama. I am looking forward to them getting back into the international travel this season.

By the way, when Probst was recently hinting at the idea of quitting Survivor after this current season, the first person that popped into my mind as a replacement was Keoghan. He'd be a great host for either show.

SicEmBaylor
2/27/2006, 06:11 PM
Last season kind of sucked.

This season is going to be pretty good I think.
My cousin and I are going to try-out/apply for either 10 or 11 (probably 11).
You hillbillies can cheer me on as a Baylor boy schools the other teams on world travel.

SoonerDood
2/27/2006, 08:05 PM
I love that show. I remember when they intorduced the Black family on the last one. "EXCUSE ME!?! oh that's their name."

Skysooner
2/27/2006, 11:22 PM
I remember that. I thought old Phil was going rascist. That sales rep is supposed to get me a signed copy of his auto-biography. It remains to be seen but would be interesting.