PDA

View Full Version : Parent Teacher's Conference on My Arse!

Pieces Hit
2/27/2006, 03:26 PM
Ma used an old rubber bed slat strap that she had entitled "MOTHER" with a magic marker.

Dad was a hand spanking man but once used one of my shoes on my sister.

Step Dad was a traditonal military belt guy but sometimes reverted to Judo.

Teachers used various boards and some I think enjoyed it with great perverse alacrity.

Mom was the worst of the bunch though. She would just lose it.
There was none of that "wait till your Father gets home" nonsense.

None of it did any good though.

I used a wooden spoon on Junior and only had to talk after the age of 9 becuase I am a superior human being to those sadists.

What did they use on yours?

1stTimeCaller
2/27/2006, 03:27 PM
I got to go pick a switch from a tree across the street. It was only used once though.

Hamhock
2/27/2006, 03:58 PM
School policy was that before swats were administered, the principal called the parents. My mom asked how many I was getting, principal said two. Mom said to double it and tell me the last two were from her. I saw the principal get a twinkle in his eye....good times.

frankensooner
2/27/2006, 04:53 PM
My dad for a while used a belt, but when that quit working he took a nice peice of white pine, one without knotholes and lovingly cut out the paddle shape with a jig saw, he then sanded it down smooth, with a nice beveled edge. It was perfectly balanced and was about 3/4" thick. He left it unfinished. It stung like a mother. He didn't have to use it much, but when he did, it worked like a charm.

(he was also an elementary school teacher during the days of corporal punishment so he had wicked skillz)

Fish
2/27/2006, 05:03 PM
Mom used to have no problem buying me Hot Wheels Tracks...they are the suck accross the old behind!!!

If I got swats from the priciple I could usually expect 2-4x the number from Mom

KABOOKIE
2/27/2006, 05:09 PM
My mom gave me a great big sunshine hug followed by an ocean breeze kiss and said, "Don't worry Galaxy. We all make mistakes sometimes."

Ike
2/27/2006, 05:17 PM
schools had stopped administering whoopins by the time I came up....

but mom and dad typically used whatever was available, since being the stubborn kid that I was, I would find ways of breaking their instruments of *** whoopin before they knew I had done something wrong, so they often either used their hand or had to improvise.

Vaevictis
2/27/2006, 06:00 PM
Only ever got spanked three times that I know of. Always open hand. My mother was against corporeal punishment to begin with, and they found that with me, guilt worked better than pain anyway. Hit me, I just get angry with you. Explain to me why what I did was wrong, and I'll remember it next time.

(My father's parents, on the other hand, believed in corporeal punishment, and tried to use it liberally. They gave up on it with him after about age seven, when he suggested 100 licks for punishment, didn't make a sound through the whole process, and walked away as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. My grandfather gave up on it because he figured he'd have to beat my father to death before it got any results.)

Tailwind
2/27/2006, 06:41 PM
An old fashioned razor strop. I didn't need it more than once. That they knew of anyway. :D