PDA

View Full Version : Inside the The Third Reich by Albert Speer

royalfan5
2/27/2006, 01:15 PM
I'm reading this right now, I find it very fascinating, I would recommend it to people who are interested in learning about history from the enemy's perspective. I think I am going to read his prison diaries too.

85Sooner
2/27/2006, 01:46 PM
I'm reading this right now, I find it very fascinating, I would recommend it to people who are interested in learning about history from the enemy's perspective. I think I am going to read his prison diaries too.

I definitley want to check that out. Thanks

SicEmBaylor
2/27/2006, 01:57 PM
It is a very good book.
I'd also reccommend checking out Heinz Guderian and Von Manstein's book.

Manstein's can be a bit difficult to read though. Prussian Field Marshalls aren't really known for their literary flair so the entire thing reads a bit dry. Nonetheless, it's a great book.

Scott D
2/27/2006, 04:18 PM
congrats on reading a book I read when I was 9 :)

I'm re-reading 'An American Death' by Gerold Frank, which talks about the events leading up to the assasination of MLK Jr., the subsequent manhunt for James Earl Ray along with the following trial.

Mjcpr
2/27/2006, 04:20 PM
I read it when I was 7. Just after Mein Kampf but before War and Peace.

Scott D
2/27/2006, 04:25 PM
now Pat quit lying, we know you don't read books.

mdklatt
2/27/2006, 04:27 PM
I read it when I was 7. Just after Mein Kampf but before War and Peace.

Sure, but I bet you had to read the English translations. Pfft.

royalfan5
2/27/2006, 04:34 PM
congrats on reading a book I read when I was 9 :)

I'm re-reading 'An American Death' by Gerold Frank, which talks about the events leading up to the assasination of MLK Jr., the subsequent manhunt for James Earl Ray along with the following trial.
I was busy reading Ernie Pyle's books from WWII when I was 9. I focused on the Allies first.

Octavian
2/27/2006, 05:01 PM
You'll find a good deal of Speer in this relatively new work.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8717/aesthetics8on.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aesthetics8on.jpg)

Hitler and the Power of Aesthetics shows how integral visual appearance and spectacle was for the regime and how Hitler really viewed himself throughout the rise and fall of the Reich: as an artist.