PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a show in Vegas....

OUAndy1807
2/26/2006, 02:34 PM
or give me some reviews of the ones I'd like to see. I'll probably just get to see one due to other obligations out there. I've always loved Penn and Teller and that's probably the one we'll go see, but I'd also like to see Blue Man Group and Amazing Jonathon. Anyone?

I've already seen "O" and I think our group is already going to see Danny Gans (which I'm not really excited about)

OUAndy1807
2/26/2006, 02:37 PM
also, if there's one I haven't discussed that is good, let me know.

GottaHavePride
2/26/2006, 02:43 PM
Blue Man Group was the best $70 I spent in Vegas. I think they've moved from the Luxor up to the Venetian, and the show's supposed to be even better now. Any of the Cirque du Soleil are awesome. I think there are 5 shows now - Mystere, O, Zumanity (the racy one), I think a new one went in at the Wynn, and I'm pretty sure I forgot one in there somewhere.

Oldnslo
2/26/2006, 02:43 PM
I've seen Penn & Teller, Cirq's O, and Amazing Jonathan.

They were all good, but I've never laughed harder than at Jonathan's show. Saw it with my brother. His ribs hurt the next day from all the laughing. Go.

I've had friends give High Praise to Blue Man Group.

Jimminy Crimson
2/26/2006, 02:50 PM
Blue Man Group or Zumanity

salth2o
2/26/2006, 02:57 PM
Without the risk of sounding ghey, NTTAWWT, I took the Redhead to see Celine Dion for our anniversary and it was really good. I went into this with a very closed mind, anticipating a wasted evening, but was pleasantly surprised at the production and enjoyed the show.

Jimminy Crimson
2/26/2006, 03:07 PM
Without the risk of sounding ghey, NTTAWWT, I took the Redhead to see Celine Dion for our anniversary and it was really good. I went into this with a very closed mind, anticipating a wasted evening, but was pleasantly surprised at the production and enjoyed the show.

Will your heart go on? ;)

OklahomaTrombone
2/26/2006, 03:09 PM
http://hm.smugmug.com/photos/22452863-M.jpg

mrowl
2/26/2006, 03:15 PM
Danny Gans was ok... not worth it IMO.

Have you seen Penn & Tellers series on showtime? you have seen the vegas act.

Jonathan was awesome

afs
2/26/2006, 03:37 PM
Blue Man Group was the best $70 I spent in Vegas. I think they've moved from the Luxor up to the Venetian, and the show's supposed to be even better now. Any of the Cirque du Soleil are awesome. I think there are 5 shows now - Mystere, O, Zumanity (the racy one), I think a new one went in at the Wynn, and I'm pretty sure I forgot one in there somewhere.

Ka at the MGM

La Reve at the Wynn

Stanley1
2/26/2006, 03:52 PM
Barry Manilow? :O

Okla-homey
2/26/2006, 04:25 PM
Simone at the Mustang Ranch.

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2006, 05:03 PM
i hear they have one where a tiger eats the trainer....thats what i'd pick

just sayin

GottaHavePride
2/26/2006, 05:36 PM
http://hm.smugmug.com/photos/22452863-M.jpg

BSG?

OklahomaTrombone
2/26/2006, 05:43 PM
BSG?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39456&highlight=blue+lips

GottaHavePride
2/26/2006, 05:54 PM
Heh. I forgot about that.

JohnnyMack
2/26/2006, 06:54 PM
La Reve at Wynn is good. Solid entertainment in the Cirque du Soleil style.

Ka at the MGM Grand is terrific. Cirque du Soleil's newest and it kicks some serious ***. Not as light and fluffy as most CdS shows. Kinda Mad Max-ish.

Mystere at Treasure Island is good. Another CdS show that is on par with La Reve.

Penn & Teller. Pandering. Out and out crap. What you see on Showtime is not what you get in Vegas. It's a dumbed down version that is clearly catering to the masses. Skip it.

David Copperfield. Cheesy. But kinda fun if you don't set your expectations too high.

I've never heard anyone complain about Blue Man Group.

JohnnyMack
2/26/2006, 06:56 PM

phag.

;)

Fish
2/26/2006, 07:53 PM
Avenue Q at the Wynn...it's a Broadway show and if yougrew up on Sesame Street you'll enjoy it...it's the only show that has live Muppet sex...NTTAWWT