PDA

View Full Version : OU SPRING PRACTICE QUESTION

fossil
2/26/2006, 10:33 AM
Somebody educate me on spring practices please.

I'm seeing in the San Antonio paper this morning a piece listing the start and end dates for spring practice for all Big XII teams. Some go a full five weeks (Texas, Texas A&M, OSU, Missou) or four weeks (Baylor, Kansas, Colorado) while the rest (Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Iowa State and Kansas State) only do three weeks.

Anyone know the maximum length of spring practice allowed? Why do the Sooners only take advantage of three weeks of practice when they could possibly do the full five weeks? What controls or dictates the spring practice length.

Y'all help me out here and thanks in advance for your input.

Flagstaffsooner
2/26/2006, 10:46 AM
As I understand it, its not the total amount of time but there are only a certain number of practice sessions that you can have.

sooner518
2/26/2006, 10:47 AM
I thought it was # of practices, not neccessarily length in weeks. So maybe we cram all of our practices into those 3 weeks.

Thats my guess anyways

jccouger
2/26/2006, 01:49 PM
Yea, I think you can only have 15 spring practices. Atleast thats what my memory is serving me.

Desert Sapper
2/26/2006, 02:13 PM
It makes more sense to me to have three solid weeks of practice instead of five three-day practice weeks.

Flagstaffsooner
2/26/2006, 02:58 PM
Yea, I think you can only have 15 spring practices. Atleast thats what my memory is serving me.You must be correct. I see 15 with the Red/White.OU Spring Practice (http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&&ATCLID=225971)