PDA

View Full Version : Who will you be pulling for tonight?

IronHorseSooner
2/25/2006, 06:15 PM
This is a hard one. Follow me on this. If KU wins, the game next week in Austin will be for 2nd place. Most would love nothing more for Texas to choke and finish 3rd. If UT wins, then KU would have to lose to KSU/CU next week to get to 4 losses. If UT lost to a surging A&M squad and KU loses to KSU or CU, then the game next week in Austin would be for a 3-way tie for the top spot, with the Sooners finishing second (winning the tie with UT, losing the tie with KU). So, it's hard to know how to go on this. I am going to go with rooting for KU. The second scenario is less likely to happen. 2nd place would be nice with the start in Big XII play. However, I am probably one of the few on this board who likes seeing KU lose at BBALL more than UT. The man-love across the country for KU would be sickening.:mad:

Newbomb Turk
2/25/2006, 06:22 PM
Don't care about who finishes where - can't pull for the whorns.

Octavian
2/25/2006, 06:22 PM
This is a hard one.

not for me.

Rock Chalk!

Okieflyer
2/25/2006, 06:23 PM
Don't care about who finishes where - can't pull for the whorns.

Agreed, and don't think it makes any difference anyway.

IronHorseSooner
2/25/2006, 06:25 PM
I don't disagree that I can't pull for UT. Seeing a KU team coached by a former Poke with a guy who spurned us (Rush) just doesn't set right with me either.

NUSooner
2/25/2006, 06:25 PM
First of all, I can't root for the horns. But, even if I could do it, I wouldn't. I like the scenario of OU finishing 2nd in the conference and maybe finishing hot and getting to Dallas in the NCAA tournament. Texas would have finished in a tailspin with four losses out of their last six games (assuming a KU win and an OU win over them) and then going to the conference tournament with a #3 seed. KU could possibly go to Dallas instead of us, but there are more places KU could be considered home (KU fans would probably rather go to Indy than Dallas two times in two weeks).

King Crimson
2/25/2006, 06:52 PM
if KU EVER plays in KC and STL in the first tournament regionals again.....i may never watch sports again.

that's all i'm saying. that was the BIGGEST joke on planet earth 2 years ago.

well, second to Duke or Carolina playing in Charlotte, maybe.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/25/2006, 06:58 PM
No brainer for me, KU. It would have been a little tougher if we were playing KU the last game of the year. I would like nothing better than the prospect of sweeping Texas and taking the #2 seed and the inside track on playing in Dallas in the NCAA tourney.

But, I don't think being a #2 or #3 seed in the Big 12 tourney this year makes any difference.

Jimminy Crimson
2/25/2006, 07:06 PM
I'm pulling for some wardrobe malfunctions on the whorn pom girls.

Thats just me, though...

wishbonesooner
2/25/2006, 07:39 PM
Did any of you see where they found ricin in a dorm at UT? Damn!

bigdsooner
2/25/2006, 07:40 PM
nuthins worse that ut...i hope ku smokes em

NickZeppelin
2/25/2006, 07:47 PM
Kansas. I couldn't pull for Texas if they were playing an Al Queda team.

IronHorseSooner
2/25/2006, 08:21 PM
Did any of you see where they found ricin in a dorm at UT? Damn!

See my thread on the South Oval.....

BTW, the Dickie V man-love for these teams is just sickening. Some say he's great for College BBALL. I think that he's annoying and has been past his prime for years. The day that he and Corso retire can't come fast enough!! He just said that Kentucky will likely get in because they are Kentucky. WOW.... I just seen KU walking around with Danny Manning. :mad: Does that make anybody mad?

IronHorseSooner
2/25/2006, 08:22 PM
My thread is called "Scary"

AustinTXHorn
2/26/2006, 05:00 AM
There was a sign at the game tonight that said "TEXAS is ricin to the top!" or something like that. Not bad, not bad...

crawfish
2/26/2006, 11:06 AM
So...

UT loses at A&M...
KU loses at KSU...
OU beats UT in Austin.

Three-way tie for first. OU is 2-1 vs. the other two, KU is 1-1, UT is 1-2...OU gets the top seed. :)

Sounds like a good scenario to me.

jccouger
2/26/2006, 01:56 PM
So...

UT loses at A&M...
KU loses at KSU...
OU beats UT in Austin.

Three-way tie for first. OU is 2-1 vs. the other two, KU is 1-1, UT is 1-2...OU gets the top seed.

Sounds like a good scenario to me.

Worked out for us last year, why not this year? :)

crawfish
2/26/2006, 02:58 PM
Worked out for us last year, why not this year? :)

Well...I forgot about the silly interdivisional rule. You'd have to compare OU-ut head-to-head...we win 2-0...then you'd compare OU vs. KU, which they win 1-0.

KU 1, OU 2, UT 3.

Perhaps CU can pull off the upset on the road. :)

IronHorseSooner
2/27/2006, 12:43 PM
Here's why I think that there will be some upsets this week:

CU over KU: This game is HUGE for CU and they are loaded with seniors. KU just got popped by UT. How will they bounce back?
KSU over KU: This is in Manhattan, and as we seen on Saturday, KSU can beat anybody. KSU is better than their record, and they have already beaten KU once. This is also their senior night.
A&M over UT: This would be a marquee win for A&M, and I think that this is in College Station. They are on the cusp of a NCAA bid, and A&M is uber-tough at home. They would like nothing better than to derail UT's championship run en route to a bid. UT has been the girl with a curl: when they are good, they are very good, when they are bad, they are awful.
OU over UT: If this scenario plays out, this game is for the title, just like all of us and the pre-season mags predicted. OU is a HORRIBLE match-up for UT. Tucker's defender (who will likely be Carter) will NOT be pushed around and can stay with him. Aldridge, while an excellent player, needs to show that he can consistently beat the seasoned vets, which he hasn't yet this year (be it Taj or Sheldon Williams). OU is laden with seniors and mature players, who will be very motivated to pull this one out. Also, with last season's finish, OU has been in this situation before.

Again, this may be a stretch, but if you look at this game by game, it's more plausible than many would think. Actually, the least likely to happen on this would be the CU/KU game, and KU is laden with talented but YOUNG players.

Jay C. Upchurch
2/27/2006, 01:45 PM
Just a note...

Kansas also still has to go to Manhattan to play a K-State team that beat the Jayhawks in Allen Fieldhouse earlier this season.

MojoRisen
2/27/2006, 01:52 PM
IF OU wins the big 12 regular season! I will publically apologize and take a blow up doll out to dinner order it a main course and drinks with out cracking a smile!

BOOMER

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/27/2006, 03:03 PM
IF OU wins the big 12 regular season! I will publically apologize and take a blow up doll out to dinner order it a main course and drinks with out cracking a smile!

BOOMER

Again?

;)