PDA

View Full Version : Cost perspective..........

OUinFLA
2/25/2006, 02:53 PM
The other day I come home and wifey says, "you got any cash, Im out of money?"

I respond " Really??? what happened to the $100 I gave you last night?

"Well, I spent $20 on groceries for tonight, and $40 getting my nails done........
Oh, and I had to pay the yard guy $40 for mowing the yard."

I am somewhat speechless at this point, as all I can think of is............

I pay $40 for a guy with $4000 worth of yard equipment to take care of my yard which is about 2 acres............

And, I pay $40 to a girl with $4 worth of clippers and a nail file to take care of my wife's nails which are about 2 square inches.............

There's something just not right here???

Seems like either: the nail girl ought to charge about 35 cents, or the yard guy ought to charge about $1500............. in which case, Ill mow my own yard, and then go get my nails done.

King Crimson
2/25/2006, 03:22 PM
the other way to think about it is how long does it take to get the nails done? say, half hour.....that's 80$ an hour. i have an old friend, Liz, who is a high-profile hair stylist and works at super-hip young spoiled daddy's girl drive a Saab place.....it's THE place in town. she makes over 100$ an hour if she wants to.

BajaOklahoma
2/25/2006, 03:41 PM
A manicure is 30 minutes. Acrylic nails, full set or fills, takes an hour.

Around here, a polish change is 8.00
Fills run 15 to 18 depending on the day of the week.
A pedicure runs 22.00
YWIA. Seriously.

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2006, 03:45 PM
This happens because the lawn guy knows that if he charges much more, you're going to go out and mow your own damn lawn.

I seriously doubt your wife would let you do her nails, or that you'd be willing.

Okieflyer
2/25/2006, 03:46 PM
How does the lawn look.

OUthunder
2/25/2006, 03:50 PM
Isn't marriage great?