PDA

View Full Version : UT's recruiting methods

eastxsooner
2/25/2006, 02:28 PM
Finally, let’s end with a couple of notes on two sophomore that will be coming in this weekend and a couple of big-time kids from East Texas.

First, the only two sophomores that will be at Saturday’s junior day are Klein offensive lineman J.B. Shugarts and Gilmer running back/linebacker Justin Johnson.

Also, two players that will be there are on Saturday are Gilmer star Curtis Brown and Tatum standout Lennon Creer. I talked with someone this week and there’s some speculation that these two young men want to attend the same school together. Word on the street is that Brown is very open to the thought of playing cornerback at the D1 level and that Creer might also want to play DB. Keep an eye on these two. (GK)

This post was edited on 2/23 10:36 PM by Ketchum

This post was edited on 2/23 11:36 PM by Ketchum

This post was edited on 2/24 12:24 AM by Suchomel

This post was edited on 2/24 9:37 AM by Suchomel

Geoff Ketchum
Publisher
Orangebloods.com
[email protected]

I guess they have a sophmore day now. These two guys are flat out BAD. Manuel Johnson's former high school team mates. Justin Johnson, a sophmore and no relation to Manuel, is 6'2 210 RB/LB manchild who rushed for 700 yds and was all east texas at LB as a Soph. Brown is a Rivals top 5 national WR recruit based on the Dallas Morning News. I wonder if Manuel could influence their decision? Mack is on the early warpath to steal them I believe because of MJ and OU.

eastxsooner
2/27/2006, 11:45 AM
Mack offered Curtis Brown but Brown wants to wait until after his visit to Miami (FL.) and OU. OU is currently the frontrunner with Manuel Johnson being the key. He is the Rivals.com #5 prospect at any position in the state of Texas. Top 5 national reciever also.

Desert Sapper
2/27/2006, 01:14 PM
He will see what a real Program looks like when he visits Norman.

sooneron
2/27/2006, 01:26 PM
Geez, it seems a little early to get the panties in a wad over sophomores.

Jimminy Crimson
2/27/2006, 02:01 PM
Geez, it seems a little early to get the panties in a wad over sophomores.

Soon, we're going to be seeing 40 times of 2nd graders.

Damnit, Timmy, finish strong! :texan:

Desert Sapper
2/27/2006, 03:02 PM
Where's that thread that has the video of the 2nd grader laying that kid out? I want that dude in 2016.

Catch 22
2/28/2006, 12:46 AM
That's my boy!

Jason White's Third Knee
2/28/2006, 08:01 AM
But is it too early to get a wad in my panties? I say no.

I think we should look in to the "bitch stole my fish" kid. He seems to have the right attitude for LB/strong safety type. He's got that Ontei Jones "I'll ****ing kill you" look in his eye.

tbl
2/28/2006, 08:43 AM
It's Tuesday, dude!

Desert Sapper
2/28/2006, 03:07 PM
Too late, Brown made a verbal to the Unmentionables.

http://www.oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=518232